Shopping Discussion

Ontario Costco lovers... Whats your first non-essential purchase on Friday?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2021 10:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1174 posts
560 upvotes
TORONTO

Ontario Costco lovers... Whats your first non-essential purchase on Friday?

The time has come where all our favourite non-essentials will be released from their bondage at Costco.

What has everyone been eyeing/dying to buy this Friday.

Fortunately I'm off and will probably hit it up right when it opens, hell I might even consider using my Healthcare worker line by pass if the line up is nuts. Even the wifey is considering taking the day off.

I know this is sad but at the same time, we're all effing excited. lol
70 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
2131 posts
2136 upvotes
GTA
Will be interesting if Costco opens it up to all items Friday since it reduces their store customer capacity to only 15%. With essential items they are at 25% capacity.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5810 posts
2648 upvotes
Toronto
DaveTheDude wrote: Will be interesting if Costco opens it up to all items Friday since it reduces their store customer capacity to only 15%. With essential items they are at 25% capacity.
Is that an option? I thought the essential items only thing was disappearing entirely, i.e., you can't keep the old rules even if you wanted to forego opening up.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2020
1213 posts
1118 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Won't catch me near that zoo for a couple weeks.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21929 posts
2752 upvotes
DaveTheDude wrote: Will be interesting if Costco opens it up to all items Friday since it reduces their store customer capacity to only 15%. With essential items they are at 25% capacity.
That is not how it works. Stage 1 for a retailer who sells essential goods is 25% cap and the entire store is shoppable.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12485 posts
9193 upvotes
GTA, ON
I'm looking for a coffee burr grinder seen on their website. I don't recall if I've seen it in the warehouse, so I want to look first before placing an order online.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16728 posts
14071 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
KevinM56081 wrote: Won't catch me near that zoo for a couple weeks.
This

We hit Costco up for Groceries earlier this week ... good now thru this Promo Cycle
(til June 13th = https://www.costco.ca/coupons.html )
We will hit Costco again prob towards the end of the next cycle
Kasakato wrote: That is not how it works. Stage 1 for a retailer who sells essential goods is 25% cap and the entire store is shoppable.
This

Retailers that sell essential goods ... of which Costco is classified as will move up to 25% capacity
And can remove the barriers from their non essential goods

Retailers that sell non essential goods solely ... ie ... big box stores, general merchandise, clothing, etc
Get to open now at 15% capacity

Stores that are in malls ... but don’t have a Street Door ... must remain closed
As “the mall” part of malls are not allowed to open in Stage 1

So ... things like Anchor Stores, Drugstores, etc @ the mall = OPEN
Smaller stores @ the mall = with no street door = CLOSED
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2164 posts
538 upvotes
In Hiding
Can we make non-essential returns to Costco from 11th June?
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
14268 posts
8369 upvotes
Toronto
KevinM56081 wrote: Won't catch me near that zoo for a couple weeks.
i agree 100%
Catnippy wrote: Can we make non-essential returns to Costco from 11th June?
for someone "in hiding" and scared of their shadow, I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near Costco on Friday, it will be a complete zoo.
Jun 2, 2012
327 posts
311 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I mean if it’s at 25% - it’s not going to be a zoo, just the outside lineup may be longer. Inside will remain the same? The capacity limits are not changing - it is and will be 25%.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2491 posts
4020 upvotes
Toronto
Not standing in line for what could be hours. Friday and this weekend is going to be an epic $hitshow.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16728 posts
14071 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Catnippy wrote: Can we make non-essential returns to Costco from 11th June?
Lol, as I said the last time you asked this question (yesterday )
when-will-person-shopping-resume-ontari ... #p34577454
One would think so ... based on past occasions where we’ve come out of Lockdowns

BUT ... no one knows for sure

It could also be a store by store mgmt decision

Your best bet ... phone in before you head out
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3968 posts
1223 upvotes
Durham Region
I'm going to Costco on Thursday for one last hoard, then don't intend to go near the place anytime soon.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4689 posts
3528 upvotes
I can't speak to other locations but I don't think it's going to be that bad because many people will initially avoid going because of the madness. I also find the lines tend to go relatively fast ~45mins. Either way, I don't plan on going anytime soon as I just went last week.
Apr 4, 2017
534 posts
433 upvotes
Hoping Costco and other retailers implement extended hours. I'm expecting a total $#itshow for the next few weeks as they open up.

Plus all the retail workers cry and whine about mistreatment by the customers, but at the same time the stores are upsetting the customers with restricted hours, restricted capacities and other policies that seem to have no reason behind it. Why not open the stores longer, spread the crowd and reduce the problems that will no doubt be occurring this weekend on Ontario
Apr 4, 2017
534 posts
433 upvotes
akswun wrote: The time has come where all our favourite non-essentials will be released from their bondage at Costco.

What has everyone been eyeing/dying to buy this Friday.

Fortunately I'm off and will probably hit it up right when it opens, hell I might even consider using my Healthcare worker line by pass if the line up is nuts. Even the wifey is considering taking the day off.

I know this is sad but at the same time, we're all effing excited. lol
It's the pile of items I need to refund that I couldn't during the past few months. Costco, give me back my money !! lol
Jun 2, 2012
327 posts
311 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I need more workbooks for kids and tarps. And maybe an extra office chair
Jul 14, 2006
517 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
hierophant wrote: I can't speak to other locations but I don't think it's going to be that bad because many people will initially avoid going because of the madness.
I used to think that way but we've had a complete ****show at every reopening stage since the beginning of COVID.
Toronto Premium Outlet, Ikea, Costco come to mind.

That being said, I'm excited to see more in-store hot deals popping up on RFD.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3354 posts
3426 upvotes
GTA
hierophant wrote: I can't speak to other locations but I don't think it's going to be that bad because many people will initially avoid going because of the madness. I also find the lines tend to go relatively fast ~45mins. Either way, I don't plan on going anytime soon as I just went last week.
Wow, I haven't seen lines that long for over a year. Last last year lines were 10-20 minutes in my area and no lines this year at all.