Feb 19, 2004
1717 posts
264 upvotes
Mississauga
nice. in the market for a new Washer & Dryer + dishwasher upgrade
Oct 14, 2017
436 posts
408 upvotes
I thought this was for retailers only. Not consumers.
Aug 1, 2012
723 posts
86 upvotes
Cambridge
Lowes mentions rebate is available for in-store purchases only. Do they even stock any refrigerators in store?
Every other refrigerator online has this note, "This product is a special order item and is not stocked in your local Lowe's store. It is available online or in-store by speaking to an associate. This product will be shipped to your local Lowe's store for truck delivery or store pickup. Standard charges apply for home delivery."

Does anyone know if a refrigerator with this note can be bought with rebate in store?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1533 posts
145 upvotes
Doesn't start until tomorrow don't bother going to store I already did
Nov 27, 2004
93 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Please tell me if if this was worth doing....
I price matched the Nest 3rd gen thermostat at Home Depot against this Lowes deal. The save the tax is only on major appliances so I didn't get that extra discount, but I got the extra 10% discount to beat the price. The price came down from ~$373(330+tax) to $250 with taxes included. Then I tried to also get them to scan my Enbridge rebate for another $75 but it didn't work because their system only accepts "one discount". It was a challenge for them to even beat the Lowes deal, so I gave up on the Enbridge rebate.

So you tell me, is $250 with tax for a Nest 3rd Gen thermostat worth it?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1400 posts
801 upvotes
I want to capitalize on a tankless water heater but am on stupid contract from Reliance for another 2 years. They force this stupid contract on you when purchasing a new home for 7 bloody years!
Jun 8, 2019
62 posts
29 upvotes
This is only for business. Moreover, not any business, but you must be in retail and actually need the device for business use.

You put the expiry date in title, but you forget to mention this major restriction that would exclude 99.99% of RFDers...
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
Jun 18, 2011
227 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
roedoe wrote:
Aug 27th, 2019 9:41 pm
This is only for business. Moreover, not any business, but you must be in retail and actually need the device for business use.

You put the expiry date in title, but you forget to mention this major restriction that would exclude 99.99% of RFDers...
It’s on the front page of Lowes.ca. Rebate applies to all Ontario residents. Not sure why you think it’s for businesses only.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2370 posts
1028 upvotes
roedoe wrote:

The OP copied from the page for retailers to sign up to offer the discounts

The actual discount is intended for Ontario consumers
[OP]
Dec 12, 2005
293 posts
267 upvotes
roedoe wrote:

But Lowes is offering the rebate + Save the Tax. Here is the FAQ page from Lowes.ca

https://www.lowes.ca/energy-savings-faq ... gyfaq-_-hp

IT'S A BIG GREEN DEAL
The Government of Canada is giving you a rebate because of your energy-efficient choices! In collaboration with the Leadership Fund, eligible energy-efficient products will be subject to a 25 percent rebate.* Plus, no need to mail anything in, you'll receive your rebate at the checkout!

Rebates of 25 percent on Energy Star products
Maximum rebate of $500 per item
Tankless condensing water heaters and ductless mini-split indoor units (air source heat pumps), qualify for a maximum rebate of $1000 per item
Get 5X the AIR MILES® points when you make an eligible eco-product purchase at Lowe's stores across Ontario
You can stack other in-store promotions with the 25 percent rebate

*Valid in-store only at participating Lowe's stores

FAQ

Are rebates applicable to residents in other provinces?
The items have to be purchased in stores in Ontario or shipped or delivered to an address in Ontario.
How do I claim my rebate?
Valid in-store only, all rebates on eligible products will be applied at checkout.
Are my taxes based on discounted or full price?
The taxes will be applied based on the full product price of the purchased item.
Is the program available online?
No. Only in-store purchases made at one of our participating stores are eligible.
Are online exclusive products eligible for the rebate?
No, the rebate is only applicable for in-store purchases.
How do I know if the product I am looking for is eligible for the rebate?
How often can I take advantage of the Energy Savings Rebate program?
As many as you like, there are no limitations to how many times you can qualify for an Energy Savings Rebate.
Which stores are participating in the Energy Savings Rebate?*
Ancaster

Barrie

Bellevillle

Brampton North

Brampton South

Brantford

Burlington

Cambridge

Cornwall

Etobicoke North

Etobicoke South

Hamilton

Kingston

Kitchener

London - North West

London - South West

Maple

Milton

Mississauga

New Market - East Gwillimbury

Niagara Falls

Oshawa

Ottawa - Gloucester

Ottawa - Kanata

Ottawa - Nepean

Ottawa - Orleans

Pickering

Sarnia

Scarborough - North/Markham

Scarborough - West

Sudbury

Thunder Bay

Toronto - Danforth

Toronto - York

Vaughan

Waterloo

Whitby

Windsor - East

Windsor - South
Jan 22, 2015
248 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Tier 3 certified refrigerators - How do you find out what's tier 3 ?
Everything seems to be energy star YES/NO.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1340 posts
328 upvotes
Went to Lowe's ... they had no details yet and suggested to come back tomorrow.
Jul 20, 2012
67 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Just ordered a fridge and dishwasher from Best Buy last week, scheduled delivery for two weeks from now. Wonder if I’ll be able to get them to honour the rebate.....

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

lleb13, ScoFF