Ongoing Deal Discussion

Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2021

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 2:20 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 23, 2006
4368 posts
647 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for this...I'm still unsure where the discount is...did they already discount the items? It doesn't say what the original price for these items are. I can't even tell if they have already been discounted. For example: https://www.lowes.ca/product/electric-d ... ar-1140547 it only says "great price" and "till Feb 12" and "ENERGY SAVINGS REBATE PROGRAM". Was the $845 supposed to be 25% higher?
tew wrote: It's over at Home Depot. Just go to the major appliance page for most retailers and there should be a link for the eligible products. For Costco you have click on each product to see if it's eligible which is a pain. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/m ... _majorapps https://www.lowes.ca/dept/appliances-a2
Board games!!!!
Member
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
1675 upvotes
Toronto
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: Thanks for this...I'm still unsure where the discount is...did they already discount the items? It doesn't say what the original price for these items are. I can't even tell if they have already been discounted. For example: https://www.lowes.ca/product/electric-d ... ar-1140547 it only says "great price" and "till Feb 12" and "ENERGY SAVINGS REBATE PROGRAM". Was the $845 supposed to be 25% higher?
There will be 25% more discount... seems a good price!

Checked on Costco to be more sure :-)

Subtotal (2 Items)$845.99Calculate Shipping
Estimated Order Total$633.74
Total Discount on Order$212.25
Applicable taxes and shipping will be calculated at checkout.
Sr. Member
May 3, 2016
557 posts
319 upvotes
tew wrote: It's over at Home Depot. Just go to the major appliance page for most retailers and there should be a link for the eligible products. For Costco you have click on each product to see if it's eligible which is a pain. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/m ... _majorapps https://www.lowes.ca/dept/appliances-a2
Costco also has a banner which let's you see all eligible items.

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?key ... gyrebate19
Images
  • Screenshot_20200207-131748_Chrome.jpg
Sr. Member
Jun 4, 2007
938 posts
479 upvotes
tew wrote: It's over at Home Depot. Just go to the major appliance page for most retailers and there should be a link for the eligible products. For Costco you have click on each product to see if it's eligible which is a pain. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/m ... _majorapps https://www.lowes.ca/dept/appliances-a2
Home Depot page for eligible products: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... ogram.html
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4838 posts
1008 upvotes
London
tew wrote: Some members posted they confirmed with CSRs that it was ending at Home Depot in the middle of January, looks like that wasn't correct.
It is correct. Go into an actual store and you won’t see it advertised and they won’t give you a rebate. Probably just an old link. It’s listed nowhere on their website.
Jr. Member
Sep 22, 2010
182 posts
35 upvotes
Seems like all box stores have tapped out their allocation of the rebate. Now it's just the appliance retailers that may still have the rebate. Canadian Appliance Source might be close to ending as well.
Newbie
Nov 28, 2012
62 posts
22 upvotes
GTA
Dain_Bramage wrote: Seems like all box stores have tapped out their allocation of the rebate. Now it's just the appliance retailers that may still have the rebate. Canadian Appliance Source might be close to ending as well.
Actually, Lowes still advertises the rebate on their online product pages (although, someone here mentioned it was ending Feb. 12th - tomorrow).

Also, Canadian Appliance Source dropped their discount online from 25% to 5% a few weeks back, and now it's been removed from the product pages, altogether.
Newbie
Jun 11, 2006
61 posts
83 upvotes
Lakefield
Dain_Bramage wrote: Seems like all box stores have tapped out their allocation of the rebate. Now it's just the appliance retailers that may still have the rebate. Canadian Appliance Source might be close to ending as well.
My son bought some appliances on Friday and got the 25% rebate on the two items that were on the rebate list. He shopped at a local appliance store and their pricing was equal or close to the box stores. He likes to give them business when he can.
Newbie
Feb 8, 2014
72 posts
21 upvotes
Anyone find a portable dishwasher that qualifies? In the need of one (don't have the type of kitchen for a built-in), but having trouble finding one in this program.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
1034 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LG released some new fridges in the past few months that qualify for the rebate. This was great timing as we were looking for a smaller condo-sized french door fridge. I just purchased 30" french door LFD22716ST which qualifies for the 25% rebate (whereas the old model, LFD22786ST, does not). Only difference in the two models is the new LFD22716ST has slightly better energy star rating (lower energy use yearly) -- other than that they seem identical.

I purchased with no issues at Best Buy in store. The salesman mentioned that there were some 33" models as well, and that even though the notice about the rebate doesnt show up on the bestbuy website, it will be applied in store.
Newbie
Nov 24, 2011
24 posts
MARKHAM
Hey everyone,

I am looking to buy a Nest thermostat. I see that when I add it to cart on BestBuy it automatically discounts around $87 dollars. Is this the program? Also, I heard you can get $75 off Enbridge link, but does anyone know if this stacks with the BestBuy promo?
Member
May 20, 2018
239 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i was able to use the rebates from RONA on sunday to order washer / Dryer pair.

https://www.costco.ca/lg-7.3-cu.ft-fron ... 23665.html
https://www.costco.ca/lg-5.2-cu.ft-top- ... 23655.html

Went with these to , rona matched the price by 10% ( costco was 1 cent cheaper)
Plus 25% rebates
Plus 10% on Gift Card on getting their store card.

Total was 1000 $ approx out of pocket
Once a petrohead always one ..
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1379 posts
269 upvotes
Mississauga
maytricks wrote: LG released some new fridges in the past few months that qualify for the rebate. This was great timing as we were looking for a smaller condo-sized french door fridge. I just purchased 30" french door LFD22716ST which qualifies for the 25% rebate (whereas the old model, LFD22786ST, does not). Only difference in the two models is the new LFD22716ST has slightly better energy star rating (lower energy use yearly) -- other than that they seem identical.

I purchased with no issues at Best Buy in store. The salesman mentioned that there were some 33" models as well, and that even though the notice about the rebate doesnt show up on the bestbuy website, it will be applied in store.
May i know how much you paid after the rebate and taxes.
though i am not looking for this model as the capacity is only 22cuft where as i wanted bit larger capacity with no ice dispenser to make more room.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1379 posts
269 upvotes
Mississauga
JanardhananR7411 wrote: i was able to use the rebates from RONA on sunday to order washer / Dryer pair.

https://www.costco.ca/lg-7.3-cu.ft-fron ... 23665.html
https://www.costco.ca/lg-5.2-cu.ft-top- ... 23655.html

Went with these to , rona matched the price by 10% ( costco was 1 cent cheaper)
Plus 25% rebates
Plus 10% on Gift Card on getting their store card.

Total was 1000 $ approx out of pocket
good deal for a pair for $1k. i was looking for stackble models with front load. i guess i missed those models

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)