Ongoing Deal Discussion

Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2021

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 2:20 am
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2009
545 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
ariel wrote: Got the LG3800 washer/dryer from Rona and PMed Home Depot which was $4 cheaper. Rona gave extra 10 percent so after tax and delivery fees came to $1663. They said we need new hoses but ours are less than a year old from condo Kitec replacement. Are those installation guys that picky?

Edit: oh also they have 5x air miles. Came to 372
hey, just curious since i'm looking at getting the LG3800 washer/dryer. what price were they when you got them? right now they're $ 1,195 each, before rebate, delivery, tax, etc.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 12, 2005
1011 posts
417 upvotes
JimU wrote: hey, just curious since i'm looking at getting the LG3800 washer/dryer. what price were they when you got them? right now they're $ 1,195 each, before rebate, delivery, tax, etc.
I can't remember now, but i think they were $1400 ish before tax and delivery. I actually hate the machine very much. I put in clothes that have no stains and they come out wiht permanent, unremovebale stains. Has destroyed gifts. People keep insisting it's my user error like I haven't done laundry 3 times a week for 15 years
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2009
545 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
ariel wrote: I can't remember now, but i think they were $1400 ish before tax and delivery. I actually hate the machine very much. I put in clothes that have no stains and they come out wiht permanent, unremovebale stains. Has destroyed gifts. People keep insisting it's my user error like I haven't done laundry 3 times a week for 15 years
yikes. thanks for the feedback. if i get it, i'll test it out quickly.
Jr. Member
May 22, 2017
128 posts
47 upvotes
With this COVID situation can I order as dryer at Lowe’s.ca and the the rebate? I know website says only in-store but I don’t know if they’re giving an exception for now.
Newbie
Jul 24, 2011
11 posts
1 upvote
ALFRED
ldovale wrote: I know website says only in-store but I don’t know if they’re giving an exception for now.
Best buy will give you the rebate on a different LG kit, but allow rebates online and delivery service. I dont feel waiting 3 hours arguing with CAS rep in store, so I may pull the trigger on the LG steam combo kit at BB
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lg ... l/12724990
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 10, 2004
1957 posts
50 upvotes
Ktichener, ON
I am looking for LvL2 automotive charger.
I have seen 300 below and higher ones.
I dunno who is selling it (Beside one model from Costco)
I would like to see what are some good options are before I commit to it
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Mir
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 8, 2003
1566 posts
5528 upvotes
Toronto
Noticed Costco.ca washer/dryer purchases now only include threshold delivery. Installation and haul-away not available. I assume COVID-19 related.
Newbie
Apr 1, 2019
9 posts
5 upvotes
I know very few fridges are included in this, but has anyone happened to find a counter depth fridge in SS that's included in this rebate? Thanks
Newbie
Jun 2, 2018
89 posts
41 upvotes
NamesJeb wrote: I know very few fridges are included in this, but has anyone happened to find a counter depth fridge in SS that's included in this rebate? Thanks
Costco.ca had a couple of LG 33" fridges that qualified for the rebate, I would start there
Newbie
Nov 15, 2015
38 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NamesJeb wrote: I know very few fridges are included in this, but has anyone happened to find a counter depth fridge in SS that's included in this rebate? Thanks
What width are you looking for?

Edit: and almost all fridges are eligible for this from what I've seen
Sr. Member
May 3, 2016
557 posts
319 upvotes
tylenol613 wrote: What width are you looking for?

Edit: and almost all fridges are eligible for this from what I've seen
Where did you find them? Links please
Newbie
Jun 2, 2018
89 posts
41 upvotes
I think it should've been "almost all fridges are not eligible", lol
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2518 posts
832 upvotes
Nunavut
tylenol613 wrote: What width are you looking for?

Edit: and almost all fridges are eligible for this from what I've seen
Your statement would be true if it was written in the exact opposite
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2005
874 posts
148 upvotes
Ottawa
Went to look at a Fridge on Costco but noticed they are taking no more applications for funding on the main website?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2007
3060 posts
574 upvotes
So is this now extended to 2021 for retailers like Costco? We need a washer/dryer set, but we don't get our new home until May. However if this ends tomorrow, I don't mind purchasing it now and just having it sit at our current place until we move.

Top