Ongoing Deal Discussion

Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2021

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 4:08 pm
Sep 19, 2019
56 posts
37 upvotes
blackdragon12 wrote: So is this now extended to 2021 for retailers like Costco? We need a washer/dryer set, but we don't get our new home until May. However if this ends tomorrow, I don't mind purchasing it now and just having it sit at our current place until we move.
I am wondering the same thing. I thought I was until mar 31 2020 not 2021.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4947 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
The link provided by the OP is for retailers to apply for the rebate (not customers). From the same link, retailers who are participating and still have funding available can offer the rebate to Ontario customers until March 31, 2021:
After signing the funding agreements, successful applicants with locations in five or more municipalities can provide rebates up until September 30, 2020. Successful applicants with locations in one to four municipalities can provide rebates up until March 31, 2021.
Jul 7, 2005
219 posts
27 upvotes
Ottawa
sandbox01 wrote: I am wondering the same thing. I thought I was until mar 31 2020 not 2021.
From Lowes.ca: “ The rebate is applicable during the period when Energy Savings Rebate Program (the “Program”) offered by the Government of Canada is in effect and therefore offered until the earliest date amongst the following: (1) the date when the funding amount provided to Lowe’s by the Government of Canada is exhausted; (2) the date on which the Government of Canada will terminate the Program with Lowe’s; or (3) on September 30, 2020.”

Costco.ca says the same thing.

I guess one concern would be the GoC pulling the plug with all the money they are spending on the COVID pandemic... ?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2007
3060 posts
574 upvotes
So I still see the 25% rebate available today. Safe to assume this continues for the next few months (at least)? Is there an official announcement on the extension of this?
Mar 9, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone know which store still delivers and installs major appliances?

My friend's new house needs all the major appliances, but it seems that the Home Depot, Lowes, Rona and Costco all provide only threshold delivery (to the garage not inside the house) and these things are heavy (can be more than 150 lbs easily). Neither do they install those major appliances (dishwasher, washer/dryer, etc).

Anyone can kindly provide some suggestions? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2528 posts
133 upvotes
Burlington
globetrotter101 wrote: Does anyone know which store still delivers and installs major appliances?

My friend's new house needs all the major appliances, but it seems that the Home Depot, Lowes, Rona and Costco all provide only threshold delivery (to the garage not inside the house) and these things are heavy (can be more than 150 lbs easily). Neither do they install those major appliances (dishwasher, washer/dryer, etc).

Don't think anyone is currently in house delivering or installing given the current scenario. Adding to the list I know BestBuy is only dropping off in garage or at front door (outside).
Sep 21, 2005
274 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
Side question, which store tends to have the best price. Looking for a 33' fridge and a new dishwasher, both decided to malfunction at the start of the lock-down!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1084 posts
161 upvotes
Ottawa
globetrotter101 wrote: Does anyone know which store still delivers and installs major appliances?

Did you find anyone?
Nov 15, 2006
456 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
cell21 wrote: Did you find anyone?
Try Leon’s. Their delivery team is in-house so it may be “negotiable”. They are still doing installation of washer/dryer as of Sunday.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1084 posts
161 upvotes
Ottawa
wrecker wrote: Try Leon’s. Their delivery team is in-house so it may be “negotiable”. They are still doing installation of washer/dryer as of Sunday.
Online chat said they weren't doing it.. not sure if this was accurate info?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2113 posts
1689 upvotes
GTA
cell21 wrote: Online chat said they weren't doing it.. not sure if this was accurate info?
Home page of their website say "Delivery to your front door".
Nov 15, 2006
456 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
cell21 wrote: Online chat said they weren't doing it.. not sure if this was accurate info?
Sorry what I meant by negotiable is with the driver/delivery folks, not the sales rep....according to my convo with the manager.
Apr 9, 2020
1 posts
Goemans and Tasco are both delivering inside houses as well as installing per their chat.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1084 posts
161 upvotes
Ottawa
A bit wary about Canadian Appliance Source, given their poor after sales support? Not too sure about Goemans and Tasco's reputation?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)