Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2021

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 2:20 am
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2003 posts
977 upvotes
GTA
cell21 wrote: A bit wary about Canadian Appliance Source, given their poor after sales support? Not too sure about Goemans and Tasco's reputation?
I always just go with who gives me the best pricing when I match them against each other. Warranties go through manufacture after they are in your hands.
I got my last round through Goemans and everything went fine, Fridge crapped out 8 months in and it was replaced outright by KitchenAid.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1215 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
I've noticed on Costco's site, the 25% rebate is only until end of this month? Why is this?

Any way to purchase now and have delivery later for when they will be installing and hauling away the old?
Last edited by Electrah on Apr 22nd, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 16, 2018
61 posts
30 upvotes
Seems like only bestbuy is applying this discount to online orders. Stores like home depot don't apply the discount to the cart when checking out online.
Aug 18, 2011
6 posts
Ottawa
Electrah wrote: I've noticed on Costco's site, the 25% rebate is only until end of this month? Why is this?

Any way to purchase now and have delivery later for when they will be installing and hauling away the old?
I doubt, I called and they said no. Maybe this will change soon
Sep 12, 2006
149 posts
98 upvotes
sufi13579 wrote: I doubt, I called and they said no. Maybe this will change soon
I had a washer/dryer delivered today, and confirming they won't drop it inside the home. But, I had everyone at home participate yesterday in putting the 22 yr old washer/dryer being replaced outside on the lawn. They did haul them away as they didn't have to come in to get them, which is nice.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1215 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
Costco extended it for another month.. though they also decreased their price on the WM3500 model and raised it on the others...
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1373 posts
268 upvotes
Mississauga
how much they reduced? online or instore?
Jan 15, 2013
249 posts
168 upvotes
Are there any rebates being offered on HVAC Stuff? Water heaters, furnaces, water softener, humidifier etc? If so, where? Thanks!
May 22, 2017
128 posts
47 upvotes
Lowes website says that rebate only in-store. How are the retailers giving us the discount online? Not all of them show the discount during online checkout.
Dec 11, 2013
363 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
Washer just legit blew up on me, this rebate still in play? Not seeing it on any of the websites.
Sep 12, 2006
149 posts
98 upvotes
Why do only LG refridgerators at Costco get the 25% off? Would be hard to justify any other fridges that don't get that.
May 3, 2016
557 posts
319 upvotes
drgrittani wrote: Why do only LG refridgerators at Costco get the 25% off? Would be hard to justify any other fridges that don't get that.
They're the only models that meet the Energy Star Rating needed for the rebate (at Costco) - its not brand specific.

FYI - I believe the rebate is over - even at Costco. Nevermind- still on
Last edited by saad29 on May 12th, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 29, 2005
582 posts
91 upvotes
Electrah wrote: Costco extended it for another month.. though they also decreased their price on the WM3500 model and raised it on the others...
My dryer just died. Costco.ca still has the rebate until 30th. But they only offer threshold delivery. Lowe's online says they offer rebate in store. They also only deliver to garage. It seems home depot doesn't have the rebate anymore. However, they offer haul away service for 20 bucks if I place order online. So they started in-home delivery again? Can someone confirm this? This is important for me because I really can't move the new washer and dryer from driveway to basement and move the old ones to the curbside. Does anyone know if home depot price match the rebate? If they don't, I won't buy from them anyway no matter they can move the washer and dryer to my basement or not. the rebate can save me almost 500 bucks.

BTW, it seems those guys picking up old appliances from curbside stopped working? My neighbour's dead dishwasher has been sitting on the curbside for more than 1 week. I remember my water tank was gonna in 2 hours 2 years ago. :)