Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2021

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 2:20 am
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1217 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
supermike wrote: My dryer just died. Costco.ca still has the rebate until 30th. But they only offer threshold delivery. Lowe's online says they offer rebate in store. They also only deliver to garage. It seems home depot doesn't have the rebate anymore. However, they offer haul away service for 20 bucks if I place order online. So they started in-home delivery again? Can someone confirm this? This is important for me because I really can't move the new washer and dryer from driveway to basement and move the old ones to the curbside. Does anyone know if home depot price match the rebate? If they don't, I won't buy from them anyway no matter they can move the washer and dryer to my basement or not. the rebate can save me almost 500 bucks.

BTW, it seems those guys picking up old appliances from curbside stopped working? My neighbour's dead dishwasher has been sitting on the curbside for more than 1 week. I remember my water tank was gonna in 2 hours 2 years ago. :)
I purchased from Costco, and I was able to reach out to the company Home Depot uses (Quick Contractors) to do the installation. It's $125+ tax just for installation, however. Costco CS did mention they would provide some credit in the range of $100 but not confirmed. Unfortunately, for that company to move the new in and move the old out from the basement to your garage or curbside, they charge $100+tax. So you're looking at $250 for everything...which I still found cheaper than most other companies
Aug 29, 2005
582 posts
91 upvotes
Electrah wrote: I purchased from Costco, and I was able to reach out to the company Home Depot uses (Quick Contractors) to do the installation. It's $125+ tax just for installation, however. Costco CS did mention they would provide some credit in the range of $100 but not confirmed. Unfortunately, for that company to move the new in and move the old out from the basement to your garage or curbside, they charge $100+tax. So you're looking at $250 for everything...which I still found cheaper than most other companies
Thanks for the info!

250 dollars is a lot. It seems home depot is the best choice If they can match the rebate and they already resumed the hual away service> their delivery fee is 58 dollars and haul away is 20 dollars.

I will go to a home depot store this weekend.

BTW, if someone can use a dolly(hand truck) well, he can move appliances himself. I got water tank and a big refrigerator before. Those delivery guys move them like toys. of course based on how many times they practiced at work. moreover, they are all tall and strong. I was practicing in my mind yesterday but couldn't figure out how to maneuver on the narrow stairways to the basement. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1217 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
supermike wrote: Thanks for the info!

250 dollars is a lot. It seems home depot is the best choice If they can match the rebate and they already resumed the hual away service> their delivery fee is 58 dollars and haul away is 20 dollars.

I will go to a home depot store this weekend.

BTW, if someone can use a dolly(hand truck) well, he can move appliances himself. I got water tank and a big refrigerator before. Those delivery guys move them like toys. of course based on how many times they practiced at work. moreover, they are all tall and strong. I was practicing in my mind yesterday but couldn't figure out how to maneuver on the narrow stairways to the basement. :)
Costco is now offering the full installation and haul away! Check their site.
Aug 29, 2005
582 posts
91 upvotes
Electrah wrote: Costco is now offering the full installation and haul away! Check their site.
WOW! They changed the policies today. Thank you a million! I am ordering now.
Jun 8, 2019
230 posts
325 upvotes
Is Costco the only one who allow this promo to be applied online? all others require in-store?
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
Jul 7, 2005
404 posts
20 upvotes
Electrah wrote: Costco is now offering the full installation and haul away! Check their site.
Full installation? I wasn’t able to find this on the website. Looking to buy a dishwasher.
Jan 24, 2015
207 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville
"After signing the funding agreements, successful applicants with locations in five or more municipalities can provide rebates up until September 30, 2020. Successful applicants with locations in one to four municipalities can provide rebates up until March 31, 2021."

What does " five or more municipalities " or " one to four municipalities" mean?

Costco says, The Program is in effect until the earliest date amongst the following: (1) the date when the funding amount provided to Costco by the Government of Canada is exhausted; (2) the date on which the Government of Canada will terminate the Program with Costco; or (3) September 30, 2020.
Jan 24, 2015
207 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville
supermike wrote: WOW! They changed the policies today. Thank you a million! I am ordering now.
did you place the order?
Feb 22, 2015
367 posts
111 upvotes
Ontario
How do you get the energy saving rebate applied to a costco fridge? I added the rebate to my cart but it didn't do anything.
May 8, 2013
545 posts
515 upvotes
London
supermike wrote: My dryer just died. Costco.ca still has the rebate until 30th. But they only offer threshold delivery. Lowe's online says they offer rebate in store. They also only deliver to garage. It seems home depot doesn't have the rebate anymore. However, they offer haul away service for 20 bucks if I place order online. So they started in-home delivery again? Can someone confirm this? This is important for me because I really can't move the new washer and dryer from driveway to basement and move the old ones to the curbside. Does anyone know if home depot price match the rebate? If they don't, I won't buy from them anyway no matter they can move the washer and dryer to my basement or not. the rebate can save me almost 500 bucks.

BTW, it seems those guys picking up old appliances from curbside stopped working? My neighbour's dead dishwasher has been sitting on the curbside for more than 1 week. I remember my water tank was gonna in 2 hours 2 years ago. :)
dishwasher doesnt have much scrap value.
Sep 12, 2006
153 posts
99 upvotes
Matafaka wrote: How do you get the energy saving rebate applied to a costco fridge? I added the rebate to my cart but it didn't do anything.
Only LG refrigerators seem to meet the criteria to get the 25% off.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1844 posts
432 upvotes
Is there anywhere that is still offering the 25% discount on portable air conditioners?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1687 posts
578 upvotes
I am considering buying the Frigidaire Gallery 30" 5.4 Cu. Ft. True Convection Induction Air Fry Range (CGIH3047VF) - Stainless from Home Depot, Best Buy, Canadian Appliance Source etc. and it looks like their price is all almost exactly the same at about ~$1900.

This is due to the rebate and price-matching I assume.

Frigidaire has a promotion on to send you a pot set and perhaps an air fry rack if you buy a qualifying range before June 24th or so.

Is this a good deal? I looked around and it doesn't look like there is a better price. I don't want to buy an induction range for close to 2 grand only to find out that the deal was only lukewarm . . .
May 3, 2016
557 posts
319 upvotes
feminazi wrote: I am considering buying the Frigidaire Gallery 30" 5.4 Cu. Ft. True Convection Induction Air Fry Range (CGIH3047VF) - Stainless from Home Depot, Best Buy, Canadian Appliance Source etc. and it looks like their price is all almost exactly the same at about ~$1900.

This is due to the rebate and price-matching I assume.

Frigidaire has a promotion on to send you a pot set and perhaps an air fry rack if you buy a qualifying range before June 24th or so.

Is this a good deal? I looked around and it doesn't look like there is a better price. I don't want to buy an induction range for close to 2 grand only to find out that the deal was only lukewarm . . .
Not sure if good deal or not, but definitely has nothing to do with the rebate (the retailers are matching each other, but no rebate on top from what I can see)

The only retailer with rebate (at least showing online) seems to be Costco. Just the cooktop is $1094.99 + HST assuming Ontario as you're asking about the rebate ($142.35) - Rebate ($273.75) = 963.59 all in.

https://www.costco.ca/frigidaire-galler ... 01373.html
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1064 posts
32 upvotes
Does home depot not apply the 25% off rebate for air conditioners like others?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

vinaymal