Ongoing Deal Discussion

Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2021

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 4:08 pm
Nov 28, 2011
909 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
biggaroupa wrote: Just for reference we bought 5x pieces of LG @ Lowe's here was the deal we ended up getting ...

LG Washer WM3700HVA - $948 (No tax + 25% ESR)
LG Dryer DLEX3700V - $948 (No tax + 25% ESR)
LG Dishwasher LDP6997ST - $898 (No tax + 25% ESR)
LG Fridge LFCC22426S - $1998 (No tax, does not qualify for ESR)
LG Gas Range LSG5513BD - $2098 (No tax, does not qualify for ESR)

+ Free shipping

I think all in we paid less than $6.5K?
I've been following this thread for some time, and am confused about exactly what qualifies for the ESR.

I noticed that only some of your Energy Star Certified products qualified.
Was there any reason given as to why your dishwasher and fridge did not qualify?

Based on this, and several other posts on here, it looks like each retailer is picking and choosing which products qualify?
Thought it was a blanket "any Energy Star Certified product" would be eligible.
May 30, 2006
257 posts
34 upvotes
Markham
biggaroupa wrote: Just for reference we bought 5x pieces of LG @ Lowe's here was the deal we ended up getting ...

+ Free shipping

when did you make the purchase ? is it still no taxes?
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10095 posts
6515 upvotes
GTA, ON

+ Free shipping

Yes, when did you buy? According to the flyers only kitchen appliances are NO-TAX, so how did you swing the no-tax on the laundry pair?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
2319 posts
249 upvotes
North York
Thanks OP. Needed new appliances, ended up saving around 25% which is huge!
Aug 15, 2007
545 posts
219 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dreamsite wrote: Can you please share some of the fridge models?
You'll need to go into store - but I see on the website I see a lot of their products now have this green "Eco Options" icon. Unfortunately the e-tailers are not updating the website that quickly since this is Ontario and limited time offers.
Jan 8, 2007
74 posts
42 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Yes, when did you buy? According to the flyers only kitchen appliances are NO-TAX, so how did you swing the no-tax on the laundry pair?
Also got a rebate for a laundry pair from home depot. Didn't have to go anything special for this.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10095 posts
6515 upvotes
GTA, ON
monsterru wrote: Also got a rebate for a laundry pair from home depot. Didn't have to go anything special for this.
I'm not really following you. The rebate is available at most B&M retailers. I'm asking how he swung the no-tax on his purchases at Lowe's as the no-tax was reserved for major kitchen appliances, unless he bought it last week Wednesday when it was no-tax event on everything, or OP was able to negotiate no-tax.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Nov 22, 2017
249 posts
1667 upvotes
Toronto
biggaroupa wrote: You'll need to go into store - but I see on the website I see a lot of their products now have this green "Eco Options" icon. Unfortunately the e-tailers are not updating the website that quickly since this is Ontario and limited time offers.
I went to HD for couple times this weekend and they had only one model...

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/lg-ele ... 1000735477

Can you please tell me if you have seen any model which includes Ice dispenser option?
Jun 7, 2007
761 posts
287 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wolfdale wrote: I noticed that only some of your Energy Star Certified products qualified.
Was there any reason given as to why your dishwasher and fridge did not qualify?

Based on this, and several other posts on here, it looks like each retailer is picking and choosing which products qualify?
Thought it was a blanket "any Energy Star Certified product" would be eligible.
His dishwasher did qualify. The fridge and the gas range is not because the fridge is not CEE tier 3. Fridges are not based on Energy Star certified (yes i know it's stupid, I would've saved a lot more if it was).
His gas range is not Energy Star certified. Only induction cooktops are eligible.

Read the OP post and you will see the list of eligible products. The retailers are not picking and choosing which products are eligible. They get a list of it on their system entered. When they check for that item, their system knows which is eligible and which is not, and how much rebate it gets.
Sep 3, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Has anyone had any luck finding a ceiling fan that’s eligible for the rebate? I was just at Home Depot and they couldn’t find any fans that were eligible (but they were also unaware of the rebate until I mentioned it).
Jun 7, 2007
761 posts
287 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just an update on what I got from Best Buy. I was there for the weekend to get the 15% off but their system couldn't get the 25% rebate working, so they told me to come back Tuesday and the guy will still honour the 15%.

LG Washer WM3800HBA - $1099.99 - 15% = $934.99 (25% rebate = $275)
LG Dryer DLEX3900B - $1099.99 - 15% = $934.99 (25% rebate = $275)
Warranty for the Washer and Dryer total = $235
LG 36" Fridge LFXS26973S - $1899.99 - 15% = $1614.99
Warranty for the fridge = $175
Frigidaire Induction Range CGIF3036TF - $1299.99 - 15% = $1104.99
Whirlpool Dishwasher WDF560SAFM - $599.99 - 15% = $509.99 (25% rebate = $150)
Delivery (includes installation of washer, dryer, and range) - $79.99

Subtotal = $5589.94
+ tax = $726.69
Total = $6316.63
Minus Rebates ($275 + $275 + $150) = $5616.63

So saved about $1600 from the 15% discount ($900) and government rebates ($700).
Nov 28, 2011
909 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
25jai wrote: His dishwasher did qualify. The fridge and the gas range is not because the fridge is not CEE tier 3. Fridges are not based on Energy Star certified (yes i know it's stupid, I would've saved a lot more if it was).
His gas range is not Energy Star certified. Only induction cooktops are eligible.

Read the OP post and you will see the list of eligible products. The retailers are not picking and choosing which products are eligible. They get a list of it on their system entered. When they check for that item, their system knows which is eligible and which is not, and how much rebate it gets.
Thanks for the reply!

Not sure why I was under the impression that the dishwasher didn't qualify. I'm blind Disappointed But Relieved Face

Thank you for providing clarification on what's eligible under this rebate program. The CEE Tier 3+ explains why many fridges were reported as ineligible for the program.
Excusing my ignorance, is there any way to distinguish fridges with this certification on retailers' website? Based on the little browsing I've done, I'm assuming I would need to check with the manufactuer's website?
Jun 7, 2007
761 posts
287 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wolfdale wrote: Excusing my ignorance, is there any way to distinguish fridges with this certification on retailers' website? Based on the little browsing I've done, I'm assuming I would need to check with the manufactuer's website?
Go to the summary thread on the first page (right after the OP post). I posted the link to the list of CEE certified refrigerators there.
Nov 28, 2011
909 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
25jai wrote: Go to the summary thread on the first page (right after the OP post). I posted the link to the list of CEE certified refrigerators there.
Thanks again 25jai!

When I get some time, I'll compile the tier 3 into a filterable spreadsheet (google docs), and share it with the folks here.

In my case, I need a smaller size fridge, and can sort volume least to most, and filter by brand to get an idea of what's available, and then hope it's available at one of these listed retailers!

Appreciate all the info!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)