Ongoing Deal Discussion

Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2021

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 4:08 pm
May 11, 2019
28 posts
16 upvotes
JosephL468090 wrote: I paid with another credit card to get appliances with price beat
this promotion comes out and I went into the store wanting to apply it to my order (my order is not yet delivered so I can refund and rebuy)
they said I can't use this credit card 10% off plus the price beat, it is one or the other
let me know if it works for you
It does say that the 10% can't be combined with any other offers/promotions, but apparently the Ontario rebate is exempt from this. I guess it's what's higher... The price beat or the 10%?

Either way I'm going to try it and I'll let you know.
Mar 10, 2018
13 posts
1 upvote
TE7 wrote: I price matched exactly the same washer & dryer models from Best Buy 15% off deal with Rona and on top of that got free shipping, free removal of old appliances, free hoses (~$20) & installation and about $40 in Air Miles as they have 5X Air Miles deal with government rebates.
Unfortunately they refused to add additional 10% discount if we opened Rona credit card.
How did you get 15% off? I am getting confused with this 15%
Dec 13, 2016
184 posts
57 upvotes
andykw wrote: How did you get 15% off? I am getting confused with this 15%
that was the labour day weekend sale where best buy give 15% off if you get 2 appliances or if the amount is over 1499
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1093 posts
192 upvotes
so, this offer does not seem to apply to gas or electric ovens?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1184 posts
378 upvotes
Penrose wrote: so, this offer does not seem to apply to gas or electric ovens?
The appliance needs to be energy star certified so gas ovens probably won't make the list.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1089 posts
520 upvotes
Oakville
chimaican wrote: Got my LG 4370 washer/dryer delivered today. Yeah!

Still contemplating whether to go back and buy the extended warranty (Lowe's) but still feel as if it would be a waste of money. I bought with credit card so I got the extra year warranty on top of manufacturer anyways.
Why did you go with the LG 4370 over the 3800? I know the 3800 is an improvement over the 3700 but whatt does the 4370 give you. LG's website is poor on comparisons.
Jun 7, 2007
762 posts
287 upvotes
Richmond Hill
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: Why did you go with the LG 4370 over the 3800? I know the 3800 is an improvement over the 3700 but whatt does the 4370 give you. LG's website is poor on comparisons.
From what I see in their specs, all the features are very similar, other than that 3800 and 3900 dryer has wifi, and the 4370 uses nfc tag as connectivity.
Jul 12, 2019
129 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
A strange yet intriguing occurrence happened today while I was in the Stoney Creek Costco....they happen to have a few appliances (washer/dryer) which are listed with having the 25% gov't rebate!! I didn't take a picture....thought about it after the fact...but this could be quite a lucrative option provided you're able to pick up the items and they're doing the same in your neighborhood (i.e. suburbs) warehouse but as with everything YMMV

We stopped in at the Lowe's in Etobicoke on the way home to get a closer eye on the LG 3800 pair and hemmed/hawed about them as the dryer is apparently out of stock until at least the end of the month, AND the cheeky bastard we were talking to was quick to suggest we go with a Samsung as there's plenty in stock and they're running a 'free delivery' option for those but i'm not too keen on their models as I've heard horror stories and prefer a more reliable product. That said, we also live in a condo so now that I've seen the units in person i'm not 100% sure they'll stack and fit in the 'closet' where our current laundry center is located...
Nov 21, 2004
547 posts
27 upvotes
Can someone provide some fridge recommendations? Don’t need high end, looking to put in basement as a back up.

Thanks
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10105 posts
6522 upvotes
GTA, ON
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: Why did you go with the LG 4370 over the 3800? I know the 3800 is an improvement over the 3700 but whatt does the 4370 give you. LG's website is poor on comparisons.
25jai wrote: From what I see in their specs, all the features are very similar, other than that 3800 and 3900 dryer has wifi, and the 4370 uses nfc tag as connectivity.
I don't think there are many differences now. The 4370 is a 2016 model and is supposed to be a higher model tier (as opposed to the 3500 or whatever in 2016) in that year. The 3800 is a 2019 model and contains pretty much the same bells and whistles even though it's technically a lower tier. Obviously newer models get more stuff, like cars. The 4370 also has a few years on it now being a 2016 model and the reviews have been consistent in terms of reliability, so it looks like it's a solid machine. I like time tested and true. Reality though, at the time of purchase the 4370 was on sale and was $50 less than the 3800.

I think any of the machines would be a good choice. I even considered the 3500 just because of its simplicity. The reason I got the more expensive machine is because of the rebate - I got to buy a more expensive model for the price of the cheaper one.

Besides, I don't really care for Wi-Fi on a washer/dryer. I mean, in reality, do you really need your phone to alert you when the clothes are done washing or done drying? The entire Smart functionality just doesn't make sense to me, like being able to start your laundry while not at home. ??? Unless the machine can magically transfer the clothing to the dryer, why bother? More fancy functions, more likely something will malfunction and give the circuit board errors.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10105 posts
6522 upvotes
GTA, ON
GadgetShopper wrote: Costco offers the rebate now
I assume for only stuff in the warehouse though.

Most of the good stuff AFAIK can only be ordered online, which then wouldn't be eligible for the rebate.

*edit*

I'm wrong! Costco allows you to apply the rebate online as well.
Last edited by chimaican on Sep 5th, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 12, 2019
129 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
GadgetShopper wrote: Costco offers the rebate now
Nice to see another one....which location were you in? Only issue with Costco is the fact you've got to pick it up yourself and their in store offerings are usually pretty meager in my experience
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10105 posts
6522 upvotes
GTA, ON
NeilW23112 wrote: Nice to see another one....which location were you in? Only issue with Costco is the fact you've got to pick it up yourself and their in store offerings are usually pretty meager in my experience
See my above post. The rebate can be applied to online orders.

Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3471 posts
918 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: Does Best Buy do Price Beat (10% off) now?
Last night the staff told me Bestbuy changed their policy last year or this year. Now they can ONLY MATCH the price of competitors', NOT BEAT it with 10% . BS?
They did. But it was always 10% of the difference, not 10% off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)