Off Topic

Ontario extends expired/expiring drivers' licences, licence plates and health cards due to COVID-19

[OP]
Dec 4, 2004
680 posts
653 upvotes
GTA

Ontario extends expired/expiring drivers' licences, licence plates and health cards due to COVID-19

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ontario-exten ... -1.4859791

The Ministry of Transportation and the Ministry of Health have announced the validity periods for driving products, services and health cards will be extended until further notice.

The new regulations include extensions for driver licences, licence plate validation, Ontario Photo Cards and Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration certificates. Expiring and expired health cards will continue to provide access to health care during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Last edited by _dc_ on Mar 19th, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
41 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13109 posts
2857 upvotes
that's good
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1861 posts
439 upvotes
Wish i saw this earlier, went today to renew both.. sigh..
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4897 posts
2240 upvotes
Mississauga
Can't some of these things be done on-line through Service Ontario?
Jun 21, 2011
694 posts
77 upvotes
YYZ
mrweather wrote: Can't some of these things be done on-line through Service Ontario?
True but the majority of Canadians still do in person renewal
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1861 posts
439 upvotes
mrweather wrote: Can't some of these things be done on-line through Service Ontario?
I tried but the system blocked me from renewing health card online only Drivers so had to go to service center.. jeez the clerk didn't even bother checking my other docs for health card.. system is screwed up..
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
3611 posts
1043 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
im gonna do it as scheduled, no need to post pone it any more than i should
Hi
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2008
1000 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
i recently lost my wallet with my health card and drivers license in it. would my old cards from like 10 years ago still be accepted?
[OP]
Dec 4, 2004
680 posts
653 upvotes
GTA
Not if you need a new photo for your drivers' licence or health card. You need to go into a Service Ontario location to do that. Otherwise, yes, you can renew online if you don't require a new photo.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32033 posts
17917 upvotes
Ottawa
FYI, the fee isn't prorated, as you'll still be on the hook for a full 12mths ($120) or 24mths ($240).
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2700 posts
1354 upvotes
_dc_ wrote: https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ontario-exten ... -1.4859791

The Ministry of Transportation and the Ministry of Health have announced the validity periods for driving products, services and health cards will be extended until further notice.

The new regulations include extensions for driver licences, licence plate validation, Ontario Photo Cards and Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration certificates. Expiring and expired health cards will continue to provide access to health care during the COVID-19 outbreak.
+1. Thanks, mate.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Sep 29, 2007
550 posts
147 upvotes
Port Colborne
And what about the red and white Platinum Club health card?
Aug 18, 2005
539 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
vkizzle wrote: FYI, the fee isn't prorated, as you'll still be on the hook for a full 12mths ($120) or 24mths ($240).
Yes, but is the new expiry date going to be 1 year (or 2 years if you paid $240) after the date of renewal whenever that might be or is it going to be still counting from the current expiry?
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12552 posts
9780 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Millstone wrote: And what about the red and white Platinum Club health card?
Well... before Covid 19
The “good old card” was due to Expire July 1st

https://globalnews.ca/news/6386938/onta ... nd-july-1/

Still a ways off yet

Guess you’ll just have to keep on top of what’s happening regarding extensions ... or risk finding yourself POTENTIALLY with no valid health card / coverage
Jun 21, 2011
694 posts
77 upvotes
YYZ
I had a bad experience with doing my sticker online. It was also during the winter and when I got it in the mail and went to apply it on the plate the sticker literally broke into a million pcs and when I called and complained they told me that a lot of ppl were also complaining about the same thing. Even when I had to go to the service ontario location they were surprised

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)