8604 posts
5523 upvotes
Mississauga
Did they skip over E entirely?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
2731 posts
2814 upvotes
We still received a C plate back in November 2022. What happened to D and E? Maybe someone at the ministry does not know the alphabet?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
6568 posts
8331 upvotes
GTA
Must be a personalized plate. The CY series just came out recently. Then the D and E, F series is a few years away. There's a large thread that's keeping an eye on where the plates are at. https://forums.redflagdeals.com/officia ... b-1050899/
Oct 15, 2005
310 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
I've seen these F plates before. They have the slogan in French.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23481 posts
22434 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
tew wrote: Must be a personalized plate. The CY series just came out recently. Then the D and E, F series is a few years away. There's a large thread that's keeping an eye on where the plates are at. https://forums.redflagdeals.com/officia ... b-1050899/
This

There are currently 2 sets of Ontario License Plates that begin with F

The 1997 French Series …they have the slogan en francais

And the Federal Govt Plates

https://www.licenseplates.cc/ON
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
6568 posts
8331 upvotes
GTA
PointsHubby wrote: This

There are currently 2 sets of Ontario License Plates that begin with F

The 1997 French Series …they have the slogan en francais

And the Federal Govt Plates

https://www.licenseplates.cc/ON
I guess they will reserve the F series for French plates. So when the E series is done the next will be H.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15805 posts
21539 upvotes
Vancouver
We still have 6-character plates. BC seems hell bent on never going to 7.

Started with AAA-111 in the 80s
After about 15 years they used up all of those and moved to 111-AAA
15 years later after that they started AA1-11A where it is today. I think they're over halfway to the end of that sequence too.

Lots more combinations of 3 letters and 3 numbers are possible, 18 ways to arrange them by my count.
A11-AA1
1A1-1AA
Another 150 years maybe?

And why does it have to be 3 of each? Why not:
AAA-AA1
1A1-AAA
That adds another 45 ways to arrange them. Looks like another 600-700 years of combinations are possible before they exhaust them all and a 7th position needs to be added.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3259 posts
3528 upvotes
jmc111 wrote: We still received a C plate back in November 2022. What happened to D and E? Maybe someone at the ministry does not know the alphabet?
Lol with a Ford MTO, who knows 🤪
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23481 posts
22434 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
tew wrote: I guess they will reserve the F series for French plates. So when the E series is done the next will be H.
Ya I think between the 2 of them … Français & Feds
We’ll never see any other F series

And Gs are used for Green Vehicles (whatever definition that is)
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a G plate

Well … What the H then
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22326 posts
2969 upvotes
Idk what happened to D and E (reserved for EVs??) but yes there are non-customized official F plates now.

Gonna randomly drive by that dealership when I'm free and see how many F plates they have...

Here's proof ...

Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4730 posts
2155 upvotes
Durham Region
george__ wrote: Idk what happened to D and E (reserved for EVs??) but yes there are non-customized official F plates now.

Gonna randomly drive by that dealership when I'm free and see how many F plates they have...

Here's proof ...
They are french plates, it's blocked in your photo but they say tant à découvrir instead of yours to discover. Anyone can request one if you so choose.

The first few runs of French plates were in the B's but they eventually split them off and started with Fs instead. There were even blue versions!
Images
  • on2021french2.jpg
  • on2022febfrench.jpg
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22326 posts
2969 upvotes
CorSter wrote: They are french plates, it's blocked in your photo but they say tant à découvrir instead of yours to discover. Anyone can request one if you so choose.

The first few runs of French plates were in the B's but they eventually split them off and started with Fs instead. There were even blue versions!
thanks

sorry for the mis-information
Nov 27, 2013
204 posts
270 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
george__ wrote: Idk what happened to D and E (reserved for EVs??) but yes there are non-customized official F plates now.

Here's proof ...

These are French slogan plates. It does not mean the D and E series were skipped. French slogan plates have always had their own reserved series. There used to be certain B-series plates with French slogan, but since those ran out, they switched to FAAx.

See this post:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/officia ... #p36604733

Though, I can understand the confusion since in your photo, the dealer installed the frame which covers the slogan.

The only way to get a regular series plate with French slogan is either:
a) It's specifically requested (most-likely) as it's kept in a separate box in ServiceOntario
b) The ServiceOntario location ran out of English slogan plates (less likely)

Here is a passenger French slogan plate:
2008_Ontario_license_plate_BEAD♔712_TANT_À_DÉCOUVRIR.png
6975502_original.jpg

And here's a commercial French slogan plate:
2011_plaque.png