• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 10:11 pm
[OP]
Dec 13, 2020
30 posts
19 upvotes

Ontario lockdown

With the Ontario lockdown going into effect on the 24th of December what's gonna happen with Boxing Day deals, no door crashers, will they all be online I guess so crazy
66 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9475 posts
4688 upvotes
Markham
Since March, people already get use to buy online. Even stores are open, I doubt how many people will go. Like save 200 at the cost getting covid?

I think the challenge is actually for companies. Like how to make sure online system is not crashed, how quick they can fulfill the order

My personal wish is because of this lockdown, i can redeem Canadian tire money online
Sep 25, 2020
109 posts
53 upvotes
I purchased a couple things online. Hope online purchase and delivery is not shut down. Things I bought isn't essential but hope someone from the warehouse will still send it out.
Dec 29, 2013
100 posts
47 upvotes
How about returning /exchanging gifts? Many stores' X'mas return policy expire the second week in January.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2020
30 posts
19 upvotes
Looking for a tv got my eye on the rca 58 inch at Walmart for 299 I'm hoping they will be open that morning doubt they'll be much of a line up but who knows. Haven't seen to many good deals yet at all
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5765 posts
5264 upvotes
Kappmaman wrote: Looking for a tv got my eye on the rca 58 inch at Walmart for 299 I'm hoping they will be open that morning doubt they'll be much of a line up but who knows. Haven't seen to many good deals yet at all
Lmao that's a deal? Junk tv for regular price
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7068 posts
1779 upvotes
Toronto
MadMonday wrote: How about returning /exchanging gifts? Many stores' X'mas return policy expire the second week in January.
Most stores mention 30 days from the time their stores re-opened.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2020
30 posts
19 upvotes
Its a big tv I use a firestick to don't care about smart I have a 40 inch sharp I like but just want something bigger for the price it's cheapest I ever seen I know it's not great
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1031 posts
588 upvotes
London, On
Kappmaman wrote: Its a big tv I use a firestick to don't care about smart I have a 40 inch sharp I like but just want something bigger for the price it's cheapest I ever seen I know it's not great
Walmart will be one of the few stores allowed to open, so they will be lined up for sure. Assuming that they aren't limited to essential sales only.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1032 posts
170 upvotes
hmm, will stores like canada computers be allowed open? I was going to place a rather large online order and don't want it stuck in processing/shipping limbo forever
[OP]
Dec 13, 2020
30 posts
19 upvotes
Yep I think for sure there will be a line up guess I will show up at 530 just want the tv than be home lol
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3293 posts
2857 upvotes
Toronto
jeff69dini wrote: hmm, will stores like canada computers be allowed open? I was going to place a rather large online order and don't want it stuck in processing/shipping limbo forever
They should be open for store front pickup and shipping since they an essential business

https://www.canadacomputers.com/location.php
Oct 8, 2020
221 posts
317 upvotes
Ottawa
djeffery wrote: Walmart will be one of the few stores allowed to open, so they will be lined up for sure. Assuming that they aren't limited to essential sales only.
Doug Ford (Premier of Ontario) says he has no appetite to limit stores like Costco & Walmart to essential items only like groceries. He says he spoke to the CEO of Walmart Canada and it was a nightmare in Manitoba. That's not to say he can't or won't change his mind but he's made it clear he's against doing so. As I've said on these boards before, as a Walmart cashier my coworkers and I do not want to get into fights with customers over what's essential and what isn't. If customers refuse to leave the store during a power outage or a fire (trust me, it's happened!) then they won't accept you refusing to sell them something because the government says it isn't essential.
May 18, 2018
526 posts
450 upvotes
I bet Canadian Tire is kicking themselves for getting rid of the grocery section they had a few years ago.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6359 posts
4555 upvotes
Ottawa
SenatorsFan wrote: Doug Ford (Premier of Ontario) says he has no appetite to limit stores like Costco & Walmart to essential items only like groceries. He says he spoke to the CEO of Walmart Canada and it was a nightmare in Manitoba. That's not to say he can't or won't change his mind but he's made it clear he's against doing so. As I've said on these boards before, as a Walmart cashier my coworkers and I do not want to get into fights with customers over what's essential and what isn't. If customers refuse to leave the store during a power outage or a fire (trust me, it's happened!) then they won't accept you refusing to sell them something because the government says it isn't essential.
I guess the idea is Walmart just won't sell those items, as in the section is blocked off completely. But yes, entitled customers at Walmart is a common occurrence.

I guess the same might apply to Costco unfortunately? People buying a TV on say the 28th and just walking out of the store with it in hand?
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1536 posts
1938 upvotes
Burlington, ON
PanchoVilla wrote: I bet Canadian Tire is kicking themselves for getting rid of the grocery section they had a few years ago.
They sell hardware and car parts, so I do believe they will be allowed to stay open.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1031 posts
588 upvotes
London, On
Gungnir wrote: They sell hardware and car parts, so I do believe they will be allowed to stay open.
When the deepest part of the lockdown happened last spring, Canadian Tire and Home Depot were closed to instore sales, you had to order ahead and pickup outside.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1536 posts
1938 upvotes
Burlington, ON
djeffery wrote: When the deepest part of the lockdown happened last spring, Canadian Tire and Home Depot were closed to instore sales, you had to order ahead and pickup outside.
I bought some supplies for a home reno from Canadian Tire, so I remember those times. The impression that I get from what I was reading in the G&M is that they'll be allowed to be open with reduced capacity, but I guess we'll see if that holds.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1031 posts
588 upvotes
London, On
What are stores in the GTA doing now? They've been in grey for a month, are the malls closed? Other stores?