Careers

Ontario or Manitoba for Pharmacy Tech diploma

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2020 4:49 pm
[OP]
May 6, 2020
1 posts

Ontario or Manitoba for Pharmacy Tech diploma

Hi, I been offered admission to MITT in Winnipeg and Sheridan College in Ontario. I am an international student so trying to do my research from abroad. I am inclined to Manitoba due to easier immigration but checking on Manitoba college of pharmacy website there are only 200 techs registered, compared to 5000 in Ontario. Is there an issue with employment of pharmacy techs in Manitoba? Can one graduate in one province and do the SPT in another province?
3 replies
Aug 18, 2005
543 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
Not sure about the SPT part, but I assume you can do it anywhere as long you completed an accredited program, but you can definitely challenge the pebc exam in any province after graduation. Btw I also heard OCP is phasing out SPT in 2021 for the techs, can someone shed a light into this?
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3419 posts
800 upvotes
azs0352 wrote: Hi, I been offered admission to MITT in Winnipeg and Sheridan College in Ontario. I am an international student so trying to do my research from abroad. I am inclined to Manitoba due to easier immigration but checking on Manitoba college of pharmacy website there are only 200 techs registered, compared to 5000 in Ontario. Is there an issue with employment of pharmacy techs in Manitoba? Can one graduate in one province and do the SPT in another province?
If you can afford it choose Ontario if it's accredited. From what I know... It's still miserable to live there.
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Dec 25, 2006
566 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
Some of the numbers of registered techs are probably due to population. Ontario has almost 15 times the population of Manitoba.
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.