Air Miles Archive

Ontario - METRO - 25 BAMs WU Use 95 Cash Miles for $ 10 (April 11th thru April 14th)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2019 12:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1103 posts
953 upvotes
GTA
Electrah wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 1:24 pm
I dont want to either tbh LOL. But I thought you had to pay at the pizza spot where they make it and you cant just take it to the normal cashier? Im not too familiar with Metro...

Which location did you attend where you didn't need the attendant? I have a choice between the following locations to go to:

1090 Wilson Ave, North York, ON M3K 1G6
2900 Warden Ave, Scarborough, ON M1W 2S8
I haven't been to your above locations or ANY location that did not require Attendant Intervention, so perhaps others can share locations where they were able to enter PLU's at self-check out :)

Here are steps for Metro Pizza:

1. As soon as you enter Metro, go to Pizza counter to order XL Pizza with 3 Toppings for $9.99 special

- if no $9.99 special sign on counter, show Pizza person flyer/show on Flipp, if they are not familiar with this offer

2. Choose 3 toppings from Ingredient Listing (Meat and/or Vegetables) and confirm wait time

3. Shop for 15 to 20 minutes while waiting for pizza to cook ... and to be safe, pick up a banana or something small so subtotal = over $10 before tax

4. Pick up pizza; sticker price with bar code to scan will be at bottom of box

And finally, upon using self-checkout, hope that you can enter PLU's yourself :)
Jul 15, 2003
607 posts
147 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
Just did the 83929 on two accounts today at Kennedy/Sheppard (Toronto). Not self-service checkout.

Both over $10 before tax, both show 50 Bonus Air Miles on the receipt but no PLU code on the receipt itself.

Steps in both cases:

1) Items scanned
2) Air Miles scanned
3) $10 redeemed
4) PLU code entered
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4223 posts
1922 upvotes
Dymis wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 2:53 pm
Just did the 83929 on two accounts today at Kennedy/Sheppard (Toronto). Not self-service checkout.

Both over $10 before tax, both show 50 Bonus Air Miles on the receipt but no PLU code on the receipt itself.

Steps in both cases:

1) Items scanned
2) Air Miles scanned
3) $10 redeemed
4) PLU code entered
I did the same steps the other day but it failed because I bought exactly $10 on produce (no tax). When I said redeem $10, the whole thing was done and spit out the receipt (nothing left for me to pay) so no chance for me to ask them enter the PLU. I don't know if the guy was too eager and hit complete sale button or POS completed when $0 to pay after redeem. Anyhow, I wasted one redeem and always tried to have it > $10 later on
Jul 15, 2003
607 posts
147 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
mkl38s wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 3:04 pm
I did the same steps the other day but it failed because I bought exactly $10 on produce (no tax). When I said redeem $10, the whole thing was done and spit out the receipt (nothing left for me to pay) so no chance for me to ask them enter the PLU. I don't know if the guy was too eager and hit complete sale button or POS completed when $0 to pay after redeem. Anyhow, I wasted one redeem and always tried to have it > $10 later on
I wonder if that's because it was exactly $10, so there is no further step? Sucks either way.
Aug 7, 2018
12 posts
14 upvotes
Dymis wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 3:24 pm
I wonder if that's because it was exactly $10, so there is no further step? Sucks either way.
one of my transactions was exactly 10.00 no tax as well, went through without any issues
Oct 12, 2010
117 posts
131 upvotes
Electrah wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 1:24 pm
I dont want to either tbh LOL. But I thought you had to pay at the pizza spot where they make it and you cant just take it to the normal cashier? Im not too familiar with Metro...

Which location did you attend where you didn't need the attendant? I have a choice between the following locations to go to:

1090 Wilson Ave, North York, ON M3K 1G6
2900 Warden Ave, Scarborough, ON M1W 2S8
The metro at 2900 warden doesn't have self-checkout. Don't know about the other one.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1103 posts
953 upvotes
GTA
Dymis wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 2:53 pm

Steps in both cases:

1) Items scanned
2) Air Miles scanned
3) $10 redeemed
4) PLU code entered
Hmm, in our case,

= self-checkout, with Attendant intervention:

1. Items scanned
2. Attendant entered PLU codes
3. I hit # bags and go to Payment Screen
4. I scanned Air Miles Card
4. Attendant redeemed for me $10 for 95
5. I paid balance

Self Checkout allows you to check all on screen, before paying, however, it doesn't mean that the transaction will be a success; once the receipt is printed, who knows what it will show! lol
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4223 posts
1922 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 4:01 pm
Hmm, in our case,

= self-checkout, with Attendant intervention:

1. Items scanned
2. Attendant entered PLU codes
3. I hit # bags and go to Payment Screen
4. I scanned Air Miles Card
4. Attendant redeemed for me $10 for 95
5. I paid balance

Self Checkout allows you to check all on screen, before paying, however, it doesn't mean that the transaction will be a success; once the receipt is printed, who knows what it will show! lol
Do they have different systems of self-checkouts? Don't you have a button for non-barcoded items? like bananas, bread (dinner rolls), etc where you need to enter item, quantity and weigh? Once you on that screen, just punch in the PLU. That's what we have at our Metro location. Maybe yours is locked, so when you punch in PLU code, it asked attendant to login? ours just said coupon accepted
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1103 posts
953 upvotes
GTA
mkl38s wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 4:08 pm
Do they have different systems of self-checkouts? Don't you have a button for non-barcoded items? like bananas, bread (dinner rolls), etc where you need to enter item, quantity and weigh? Once you on that screen, just punch in the PLU. That's what we have at our Metro location. Maybe yours is locked, so when you punch in PLU code, it asked attendant to login? ours just said coupon accepted
It's either there are different self-checkouts or, as you said, some Metros lock it?

An attendant at one of the stores said, "They want us to babysit our customers"

I have tried multiple times in any case: Clicked 'No Bar Code Items' button

and it asks me to put item on scanner ... there was nowhere on the screen that I could enter a # of any sort

Hubby wants to know why I keep trying lol

Am I missing something?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4223 posts
1922 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 4:19 pm
It's either there are different self-checkouts or, as you said, some Metros lock it?

An attendant at one of the stores said, "They want us to babysit our customers"

I have tried multiple times in any case: Clicked 'No Bar Code Items' button

and it asks me to put item on scanner ... there was nowhere on the screen that I could enter a # of any sort

Hubby wants to know why I keep trying lol

Am I missing something?
I suppose they set it up differently. For us, once you hit non-barcoded button, you are on the screen with keyboard and pictures with numeric keypad on the right hand side. For dinner roll, I would hit 'D' and it brings me to the screen with items start with 'D'. After I chose the item, it asked for quantity. For PLU code, I just went straight to the numeric keypad and punch it in. I guess they can set it up so it navigates differently
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1320 posts
2117 upvotes
I did mine at the checkout lane. Picked up a pizza and dipping sauce. The guy scanned both items, scanned my AM card. Then entered the PLU for 50 AM, and then PLU for 25AM for the pizza purchase. Then used the 95 AM, and in total it came to $1.98 after taxes.
Mar 30, 2018
328 posts
163 upvotes
Just went to metro asked cashier to use the code 83929. The receipt shows 50BM but doesn't say anything about megamiles. Does my transaction qualify for megamiles?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4223 posts
1922 upvotes
srz5095 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 6:37 pm
Just went to metro asked cashier to use the code 83929. The receipt shows 50BM but doesn't say anything about megamiles. Does my transaction qualify for megamiles?
Did you redeem $10? only if you redeem 95AM for $10 then it's good
Jun 18, 2018
710 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Went to the store and did this offer for 2 of my cards. Decided not to go with the pizza because I was told it was a 30 minute wait.

Used the following PLU's:
82228: old 25BAM code for redeeming 95AM
83929: new 50BAM code for redeeming 95AM

Receipt shows total 75 BAM per card. Pretty satisfied.