2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

Ontario - METRO - 25 BAMs WU Use 95 Cash Miles for $ 10 (April 11th thru April 14th)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2019 12:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2274 posts
945 upvotes
Electrah wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 6:58 pm
Went to the store and did this offer for 2 of my cards. Decided not to go with the pizza because I was told it was a 30 minute wait.

Used the following PLU's:
82228: old 25BAM code for redeeming 95AM
83929: new 50BAM code for redeeming 95AM

Receipt shows total 75 BAM per card. Pretty satisfied.
Worked for me, thanks for posting the PLUs :)
Oct 30, 2012
104 posts
39 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
I used the coupon from the MegaMiles offers website for 25 Airmiles. This morning I went to the same website and the coupon has been replaced with one for 50 Airmiles (already expired). Sucks that I printed out the old one, I hope it's still valid for the MegaMiles program. This very confusing offer really shakes my confidence in the validity of the whole MegaMiles program. Plus I'm po'd about getting half the airmiles.
mkl38s wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 6:39 pm
Did you redeem $10? only if you redeem 95AM for $10 then it's good
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3817 posts
1603 upvotes
abrahamdick wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:05 am
I used the coupon from the MegaMiles offers website for 25 Airmiles. This morning I went to the same website and the coupon has been replaced with one for 50 Airmiles (already expired). Sucks that I printed out the old one, I hope it's still valid for the MegaMiles program. This very confusing offer really shakes my confidence in the validity of the whole MegaMiles program. Plus I'm po'd about getting half the airmiles.
I am quite certain that either coupon will count. In fact some of us used both coupon to get the extra BAM because if it doesn’t count, you shouldn’t have seen 25 BAM on your receipt
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8297 posts
5740 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
abrahamdick wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:05 am
Oh it will count, no matter which of the 2 Offers / Coupons you used
I see no issue there.

What is unfair, is that some AMs Collectors got 25 MMs BAMs
While others got 50 MMs BAMs
And a few, got 75 BAMs by using BOTH coupons on one transaction
And even a few early birds, reported their receipts at more than that amount
(As there was what appears to be BOTH an Instore / Flyer NO COUPON NEEDED 50 AMs BONUS on top as well)

You can be sure you are not alone
There are a lot of TICKED OFF AirMiles Collectors who take these AMs BIG BONUS Events seriously who are NOT HAPPY with how Metro & AirMiles played this

I am definitely in that group

Recommended action ?

Wait out the storm a bit... until Metro actually POSTS all the AirMiles for this MegaMiles Event to your AMs Account
And the end of the MMs Promotion has passed on April 25th
(Which gives them time to fix it, and make it right)
And if you are still TICKED OFF / feel cheated / wronged
Complain... but complain to the right people
METRO
And preferably in writing with details of your experience, and transaction ... date, time, Store etc
(Maybe send along a snap of your receipt)
And of course include your full AMs number, and contact info
If Metro gets enough of these COMPLAINTS they will have to respond / take action
I would expect no less than some extra AMs coming your way from Metro
NOTE - This is the BETTER ROUTE / CHOICE than complaining to AirMiles which no doubt many folks will do
AirMiles is essentially no more than a Clearing House / Middleman
They may still give out points as compensation
But in the end the issue here lies with Metro the Retailer & AMs Partner to be told to make it right with their Customers
And it is within their ability to do so
Oct 30, 2012
104 posts
39 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
I'm looking at the transaction list in my Airmiles account. I see the transaction deducting 95 points (from Metro) but I do not see any transaction adding the 25 bonus airmiles that I earned by using the coupon (25 airmiles are indicated on my receipt). I also have none of the airmiles I earned and appear on my Foodland receipt (6 days ago) and none of the bonus airmiles I was supposed to get from a Shell transaction (not listed on my receipt) that I opted in to (10 days ago). I do see the bonus airmiles I received from Global Pet Food and the LCBO. Are delays in posting bonus airmiles to the transaction lists typical? I find it strange to see them on my receipt but not online or to see the base miles or redemption transactions but not the bonus miles.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3817 posts
1603 upvotes
abrahamdick wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 7:29 am
I'm looking at the transaction list in my Airmiles account. I see the transaction deducting 95 points (from Metro) but I do not see any transaction adding the 25 bonus airmiles that I earned by using the coupon (25 airmiles are indicated on my receipt). I also have none of the airmiles I earned and appear on my Foodland receipt (6 days ago) and none of the bonus airmiles I was supposed to get from a Shell transaction (not listed on my receipt) that I opted in to (10 days ago). I do see the bonus airmiles I received from Global Pet Food and the LCBO. Are delays in posting bonus airmiles to the transaction lists typical? I find it strange to see them on my receipt but not online or to see the base miles or redemption transactions but not the bonus miles.
Metro will post those BAM on the receipt sometime this week. You must have shopped at Metro for the first time right ;)?
Oct 30, 2012
104 posts
39 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
Yes. First time in a long time anyway. I assume that new getting new customers through the door is the goal of the MegaMiles Event. I go to Sobey's quite a bit and see none of my transactions there for almost a year. Even though the miles appear on my receipts!?
mkl38s wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:21 am
Metro will post those BAM on the receipt sometime this week. You must have shopped at Metro for the first time right ;)?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2306 posts
1070 upvotes
abrahamdick wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 10:14 am
Yes. First time in a long time anyway. I assume that new getting new customers through the door is the goal of the MegaMiles Event. I go to Sobey's quite a bit and see none of my transactions there for almost a year. Even though the miles appear on my receipts!?
Like Metro, Sobeys posts once a week Wednesday or Thursday for the transactions in the previous period Sunday to Saturday. Something is wrong if you see the AM on your receipt but not on your account for a year. Try AM Chat, but you will need receipts. How far back do you have them?
May 17, 2010
222 posts
185 upvotes
ottawa, ontario
mik99 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 2:27 pm
This Metro thing is a bit confusing. I consider myself an experienced AM collector. Today my receipt shows only 50 miles, yesterday it showed 100 not sure what's going on. Same store and entered the same way. Anybody else experience the same?
Points posted just a few minutes ago. Saying " bonus reward miles on product". Got 50 and 100 for the other. No mention of Mega miles?
May 17, 2010
222 posts
185 upvotes
ottawa, ontario
Also, my points posted for both April 12th and 13th not for the 14th. That will probably post in a few days. Didn't do the first day.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3817 posts
1603 upvotes
I got April 11, 12 & 13, so 14th probably next week. Also they posted the BAM on the receipts, i.e. First 2 days, I only entered 1 coupon, so only 50BAM. 13 & 14, I entered both coupons so 75BAM were posted on the 13th, I am sure 14th will be 75BAM too. Now we have to wait for another week or 2 to see if the flyer 50BAM will be given or not
Jul 11, 2017
281 posts
230 upvotes
Confirming too. Both cards have been getting the Mega Miles added (25AM/50AM offers), no flyer miles yet, we will see what comes of those...
Mar 21, 2011
251 posts
62 upvotes
Hmm I got only one transaction from the 12th (I did a redemption all 4 days) should I be worried?
Dec 8, 2011
819 posts
737 upvotes
Toronto
I redeemed 3x on the same day and received 50x3. I used the MM code.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)