2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

Ontario - METRO - 50 BAMS WUS $25+ on Metro Catering Menu (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 12:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6497 posts
3905 upvotes
jaysgirl75 wrote: I tried to buy 3 roast chickens last night - cashier refused to scan the coupon. Said they were told by management that it HAS to be on the catering menu. Bah. Need to find another shop...
No self checkouts? I would do it myself at self checkout. I just bought pizzas & wrap sandwich for one account and chicken and pizzas for the other account and they both showed the bonus miles on receipts with one already updated AM account transactions
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 23, 2010
621 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
mkl38s wrote: No self checkouts? I would do it myself at self checkout. I just bought pizzas & wrap sandwich for one account and chicken and pizzas for the other account and they both showed the bonus miles on receipts with one already updated AM account transactions
So you used self checkout to pay when you did the offer? Would you mind sharing the instructions on how to enter the PLU so I can add it to Tips & Tricks?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3958 posts
4211 upvotes
Ontario
jaysgirl75 wrote: I tried to buy 3 roast chickens last night - cashier refused to scan the coupon. Said they were told by management that it HAS to be on the catering menu. Bah. Need to find another shop...
Rotisserie chicken IS on their catering menu.

Menu
Sr. Member
Aug 9, 2008
563 posts
332 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: Rotisserie chicken IS on their catering menu.

Menu
I think it has to be with the sides in order to be part of a catering order. there seems to be no code for the chicken alone

MAMMOTH CHICKEN MEAL DEAL
1 mammoth chicken, large potato
wedges, 2 of 454g Keybrand salads
Serves 3 to 4 - HF1
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6497 posts
3905 upvotes
I have yet using self checkout this time (the location I went to did not have one), but I did them all during Megamiles event. I remember vaguely to enter the coupon code using non-barcode item (not coupon). I still a have a couple more accounts to do so I may try self checkout this time (this location has self checkout) and let everyone know
Newbie
Jun 20, 2019
50 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mkl38s wrote: I have yet using self checkout this time (the location I went to did not have one), but I did them all during Megamiles event. I remember vaguely to enter the coupon code using non-barcode item (not coupon). I still a have a couple more accounts to do so I may try self checkout this time (this location has self checkout) and let everyone know
That would be appreciated thanks!
Newbie
Nov 27, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: I have yet using self checkout this time (the location I went to did not have one), but I did them all during Megamiles event. I remember vaguely to enter the coupon code using non-barcode item (not coupon). I still a have a couple more accounts to do so I may try self checkout this time (this location has self checkout) and let everyone know
The location close to my house has updated their system and does not allow customers to put in coupon PLUs like these ones. It will prompt for an attendant to enter it, but odds are they might do it anyways.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3958 posts
4211 upvotes
Ontario
Check out this new Metro offer!
link

Stack with STB and possibly redeem 95 get 25 offer
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2005
4713 posts
851 upvotes
Georgetown
I'm guessing you can pay for the catering order by redeeming miles and still have this STB offer work... good find
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2005
4713 posts
851 upvotes
Georgetown
Is everyone just showing up in store and finding pre-prepared items to purchase? I was thinking it would have to be ordered through the website or ordered in advance...
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3958 posts
4211 upvotes
Ontario
Tiberius wrote: I'm guessing you can pay for the catering order by redeeming miles and still have this STB offer work... good find
Tiberius wrote: Is everyone just showing up in store and finding pre-prepared items to purchase? I was thinking it would have to be ordered through the website or ordered in advance...
I purchased, in-store, pizza, rotisserie chicken and a side (all Fresh2Go items) and redeemed 190 pts and got the STB offer (on receipt and posted).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6497 posts
3905 upvotes
ross312 wrote: The location close to my house has updated their system and does not allow customers to put in coupon PLUs like these ones. It will prompt for an attendant to enter it, but odds are they might do it anyways.
you are right, they changed my checkout kiosk too. When I punch in the PLU code for STB, it said a CSR will come by to assist me later and when she logged in, it went to a new blue screen that I entered the PLU code.
Member
Dec 20, 2011
362 posts
102 upvotes
Windsor, On
Tiberius wrote: Is everyone just showing up in store and finding pre-prepared items to purchase? I was thinking it would have to be ordered through the website or ordered in advance...
I've gotten the fruit/veggie trays at the cold counter. They both counted. All the sandwiches seem to count. The premade dinners in the middle section. Many items are working with this.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1592 posts
749 upvotes
Ottawa
Did those fruit/veggie trays say Fresh2Go on the label? A lot of prewrapped stuff did, but the fruit/veggie trays didn't. Too expensive if no STB and didn't want to risk it.
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2011
828 posts
362 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: Did those fruit/veggie trays say Fresh2Go on the label? A lot of prewrapped stuff did, but the fruit/veggie trays didn't. Too expensive if no STB and didn't want to risk it.
Would like to know too. does all prepared food in store count as "catering menu"? There are bakery items, cake on the fresh2go online store, do they count?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6497 posts
3905 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote: Would like to know too. does all prepared food in store count as "catering menu"? There are bakery items, cake on the fresh2go online store, do they count?
I know cake counts (someone mentioned before), but not sure about other prepared food that are not located at fresh2go counter
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 23, 2010
621 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
aw1883 wrote: Did those fruit/veggie trays say Fresh2Go on the label? A lot of prewrapped stuff did, but the fruit/veggie trays didn't. Too expensive if no STB and didn't want to risk it.
I bought a family sized salad that didn't have the fresh2go sticker and the BAM showed on my receipt. The BAM have since been posted on my account as well.
Member
Dec 14, 2017
412 posts
286 upvotes
On
I was at Metro today and picked up a pizza (not on sale) and a couple of side salads plus a couple of other grocery items. I got the STB 50 BAMS and cashed in $10 however the clerk took $20 off by mistake. I didnt notice it till I got to the car. I think the 25 BAMs will post later. This was another STB offer on my Gold account.
Member
Sep 9, 2005
237 posts
26 upvotes
I got the "get 105 miles when redeem 285 miles in metro" offer in the email. I am hoping to get 105 miles plus STB 50 miles when spend $30 on food by redeem 285 miles.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2003
6076 posts
1527 upvotes
Toronto
qiao wrote: I got the "get 105 miles when redeem 285 miles in metro" offer in the email. I am hoping to get 105 miles plus STB 50 miles when spend $30 on food by redeem 285 miles.
Same here. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

I believe as long as the cashier agree with your items and scan the coupon, you will get 50 miles and count for STB.

Last week, I went to a cashier and tried to buy prepared sandwich. She entered manually and system rejected and she didn't know how to Scan the STB coupon, and told me these items don't count and insisted only items in catering menu.

Took the sandwiches and lined up at another cashier, she knew how to enter the coupon, and it worked.
Last edited by ricedion on Dec 8th, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top