2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

Ontario - METRO - 50 BAMS WUS $25+ on Metro Catering Menu (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 12:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6175 posts
3598 upvotes
I got an email "get 105 miles when redeem 285 miles in metro", then another email today for get 40BAM when you spend $40. So tomorrow, I plan to include $25 of fresh2go with my $40, redeem 285AM and pay $10, I should get 40+105+25+50=220BAM back. At the end, that would be spending 60AM + $10 (+ tax) for $40 worth of stuff and 1 STB offer. That is probably better deal than spending $50 out of my pocket at Rexall as I need only one to complete my STB
Feb 16, 2011
214 posts
103 upvotes
ricedion wrote: Did the Metro fresh2go deal:
got 2 XL pizza (9.99 each) and a rice side (5.99)
I used self-checkout, and tried to enter PLU 87338, but did not work like before; and require cashier assistance as per screen.
Cashier entered coupon code 87338 instead (not PLU code), but system accepted the code, 50 bonus miles shown on my receipt with description "Metro catering".

Let us know if you have a different experience. Or if the PLU code works for you
Did your.miles get posted on your airmiles account? If so, What does it say in your account?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5992 posts
1485 upvotes
Toronto
vudeshie wrote: Did your.miles get posted on your airmiles account? If so, What does it say in your account?
Yes.
On the receipt, it says "Metro Catering"
From airmiles site, it just says Bonus Miles.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4924 posts
407 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
how much is an extra Large Pizza at Metro usually cost and had anyone tried ordering it ahead of time so you don't have to wait at the grocery store? Their web site don't have much option for ordering online through it
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
Nov 26, 2014
981 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lostwords wrote: how much is an extra Large Pizza at Metro usually cost and had anyone tried ordering it ahead of time so you don't have to wait at the grocery store? Their web site don't have much option for ordering online through it
Usually 13or 14 with 3toppings but on sale this week 9.99. Some ppl say u can call to order nut I never tried.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6175 posts
3598 upvotes
I found they are very quick, less than 20 minutes for sure. We just ordered it first, went around shopping and it was done when we came back
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4924 posts
407 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
mkl38s wrote: I found they are very quick, less than 20 minutes for sure. We just ordered it first, went around shopping and it was done when we came back
unfortunately we don't plan on buying anything else.. ah well.. 20 min is not too bad
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
Apr 20, 2016
370 posts
364 upvotes
Edmonton
One of the fresh2go items I bought had 30% off and I went under $25 subtotal :facepalm: I don't think it worked.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6175 posts
3598 upvotes
BigScee wrote: One of the fresh2go items I bought had 30% off and I went under $25 subtotal :facepalm: I don't think it worked.
I remember vaguely reading the forum last year when someone bought a cake $25 for STB. But while paying, it happened to have $2 (or $3) off so the person refused to take the discount (LOL probably the first time Metro saw such thing), so manager ended up giving out like equivalent coupon or something like that. You should have run back and grab a BBQ chicken ($8.99) before paying
May 8, 2015
400 posts
227 upvotes
East York, ON
Just had a somewhat different experience at my local Metro. Came to the Catering and asked if I can buy something from their ready catering menu in order to qualify for the offer. The salesperson has pointed me to a counter designated as 'Fresh2go' and suggested selecting from a few cooked hot poultry and sides. I picked up two hot portions for under $30 and went to the check out. All items were shown on the register screen as Catering but when I presented a coupon with PLU, the cashier went to CS to discuss then came back and said those items do not qualify.
The CS led me to the Catering department back where I have ordered a meat lasagna for about $27. Pick up tomorrow.
Sep 18, 2004
869 posts
345 upvotes
Has anybody ordered sushi for shoptheblock?
[OP]
Aug 23, 2010
620 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
Airbum88 wrote: Has anybody ordered sushi for shoptheblock?
I didn't order, but I grabbed one of those prepared sushi sets from the sushi bar (along with some other prepared fresh2go food items) and it worked for this offer.