Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Ontario Only] Ask Me Anything About Telus Products/Services

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2015 12:06 am
Tags:
None
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Ontario Only] Ask Me Anything About Telus Products/Services

If anyone has any questions about any Telus products or rate plans/ policies, ask away. From new retention deals to what you could ask loyalty for, drop a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can

EDIT: if asking about loyalty options for rate plans, please state tenure with Telus.
34 replies
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
**Please contact through private message if you're dealing with business*
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Does Telus offer a "one bill" savings by adding any other service for a deeper discount? (ie similar to Rogers bill with deeper discount for having cable/internet/phone on one bill)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
If I complete a contract with Telus and thus amortize my "free" phone how much of a reduction in my monthly fee can I expect if I don't get a new "free" phone and new contract?
veni, vidi, Visa
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bylo wrote: If I complete a contract with Telus and thus amortize my "free" phone how much of a reduction in my monthly fee can I expect if I don't get a new "free" phone and new contract?

I would switch to a YourChoice BYOD and Data add on. If you're looking to sign on for a new phone, you would be able to receive a discounted rate for data.
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
playnicee1 wrote: Does Telus offer a "one bill" savings by adding any other service for a deeper discount? (ie similar to Rogers bill with deeper discount for having cable/internet/phone on one bill)
No internet/home phone yet in Ontario. Apparently coming by 2019, but if you have multiple users (or family account) , you would just add another user onto a share plan to save on data prices.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6323 posts
3867 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I'm currently with Telus for just over 2 years and my plan is SB Share+ 70 3GB- PDA. It is $70 for unlimited minutes ($5 add-on to make it Canada-wide), unlimited text, 3gb data basic voicemail, call display, etc. I am on a Small Business account.

My girlfriend is looking to switch to Telus and we were going to put her line on my account. She needs all the same features as me. We can share 6GB of data and be fine. I was hoping to hear what options/cost we are looking at for this. She will likely bring her unlocked iPhone 5 with her, but MAY consider an upgrade to iPhone 6. What kind of options do we have here? If it needs to be done or makes it easier I can switch plans too but need all the same features I currently have. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ChicoQuente wrote: I'm currently with Telus for just over 2 years and my plan is SB Share+ 70 3GB- PDA. It is $70 for unlimited minutes ($5 add-on to make it Canada-wide), unlimited text, 3gb data basic voicemail, call display, etc. I am on a Small Business account.

My girlfriend is looking to switch to Telus and we were going to put her line on my account. She needs all the same features as me. We can share 6GB of data and be fine. I was hoping to hear what options/cost we are looking at for this. She will likely bring her unlocked iPhone 5 with her, but MAY consider an upgrade to iPhone 6. What kind of options do we have here? If it needs to be done or makes it easier I can switch plans too but need all the same features I currently have. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
With a small business, you have more options. Her min. Spend is reduced to 60/month, which is basic 300mins, voice 25, etc. I would recommend this. Go into a Telus store and ask the rep to call loyalty because you're thinking of switching right over to Bell. Business loyalty is M-F 5-9 , so depending on your wrk schedule, you'll have to make an appointment (also saves the wait). Be firm when you speak to them, and tell them you want to add another line. I would up your plan to a 6GB loyalty plan, and add her on a business voice only plan, and share the data with you. Both plans would have voicemail 25, unlimited text, etc. if you're doing a BYOD, you can chalk off about $30 off your plan. If you wanna up to a 6, check around and see if Bell or Rogers has it cheaper; Telus will price match( only these two). Don't let loyalty know you're price matching, and ask for a $100 bill credit to help with the cost of the phone.
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ChicoQuente wrote: I'm currently with Telus for just over 2 years and my plan is SB Share+ 70 3GB- PDA. It is $70 for unlimited minutes ($5 add-on to make it Canada-wide), unlimited text, 3gb data basic voicemail, call display, etc. I am on a Small Business account.

Also, if you DM me a few details about what your plan already entails , I could provide more information
Oct 29, 2013
325 posts
167 upvotes
Markham, ON
Currently have a Telus locked phone with Koodo
Is there any cost difference if I unlock it at Telus or Koodo?
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
scension wrote: Currently have a Telus locked phone with Koodo
Is there any cost difference if I unlock it at Telus or Koodo?

You would have to unlock the phone through Koodo. They will unlock it for 50 after 90 days of use on the account
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
7000 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
Been with Telus for 10 years looking to renew again soon, in a retention plan for 2 phones... 55/month is getting me 1Gbit data, 200 anytime, free eve/wknds, caller ID/waiting/VM3, fav10 national, unlimited text.

I'd be wanting probably 2gbit, unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited text, vm/caller id/call waiting to renew for 2 years, possibly with 2x handset purchase. What should I be able to negotiate with grinding too much?
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cwb27 wrote: Been with Telus for 10 years looking to renew again soon, in a retention plan for 2 phones... 55/month is getting me 1Gbit data, 200 anytime, free eve/wknds, caller ID/waiting/VM3, fav10 national, unlimited text.

I'd be wanting probably 2gbit, unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited text, vm/caller id/call waiting to renew for 2 years, possibly with 2x handset purchase. What should I be able to negotiate with grinding too much?
For 2GB and unlimited nation, your plan will go up. Depending on the phone you want, (newer phones min 70/month), I'd say you would pay $90 for the main line with 4GB (retention will lower this) and then just do an added line feature in which you can share the data. If retentions price point still isn't enough, ask to speak to a manager, and inform them again you've been a loyal customer for about 10 years, and let them know you're considering switching.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
7000 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
ironmen77 wrote: For 2GB and unlimited nation, your plan will go up. Depending on the phone you want, (newer phones min 70/month), I'd say you would pay $90 for the main line with 4GB (retention will lower this) and then just do an added line feature in which you can share the data. If retentions price point still isn't enough, ask to speak to a manager, and inform them again you've been a loyal customer for about 10 years, and let them know you're considering switching.
Thanks!

If I BYOP'd is it more difficult to get on a retention plan?
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Jun 19, 2006
530 posts
1056 upvotes
Been with Telus for over 15 years, my current plan is $65/month with 6gb of data, 150 minutes, unlimited text and 3 voicemail (comes out to $79 all in after taxes). I want to keep this plan but want to switch phones, is this possible without buying a phone outright? Is it possible to go on a new contract but retain my old plan? i currently have a iphone 5
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cwb27 wrote: Thanks!

If I BYOP'd is it more difficult to get on a retention plan?
Depends on who you speak to. I'd say no, it's about the same. Whoever you speak to, tell them you're in store, and be firm in your stance. You should have a sense of entitlement with 10 years w/ Telus
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1982 posts
10 upvotes
Kingston
Currently a 4 year customer w Telus. Own my phone outright (Note4) and pay 65/MO for 2 gigs.
Want to add my husband to my acct and share the date i already have w him. If he purchases outright (would cost us $500 more, today) they will only knock $20 off the monthly price for 2 yrs. That saves $480 over the 2 yrs. See the problem? It's crazy. They want $60/MO extra, financed...or $40/month extra unfinanced.

Are they lying to me? Heh
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dolphie wrote: Currently a 4 year customer w Telus. Own my phone outright (Note4) and pay 65/MO for 2 gigs.
Want to add my husband to my acct and share the date i already have w him. If he purchases outright (would cost us $500 more, today) they will only knock $20 off the monthly price for 2 yrs. That saves $480 over the 2 yrs. See the problem? It's crazy. They want $60/MO extra, financed...or $40/month extra unfinanced.

Are they lying to me? Heh
Cheapest BYOD add a line is 30 a month. It's all pending if your data is shareable or not. Older plans don't have shareable
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1982 posts
10 upvotes
Kingston
It is shareable. Brand new plan that I negotiated when I bought my note 4 outright last month.

I want to pay two years early, but by making it cost MORE over the course of 2 years, I'd be dumb to.

Telus: the only company in the world that makes it more expensive to prepay 2 years ahead of time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)