[OP]
Jun 5, 2010
541 posts
688 upvotes
Ottawa

Ontario Parks Summer Vehicle Day Pass - 2 years for $91

Deal Link:
I bought a day use park pass for 2021, and after I bought I found out that:
On March 24, Ontario announced that Ontario Parks will be offering free weekday day use visits Monday to Thursday from May 1 to September 2, 2021. This will make it easier for Ontarians to enjoy the province’s beautiful green spaces and other recreational activities that our provincial parks offer, as well as support local communities and businesses that have been impacted by the pandemic.

We know that you have already purchased your Seasonal Vehicle Permit for this year. To help you get the most value out of your permit and take advantage of the free day use in 2021, Ontario Parks is extending the expiry date of the 2021 Annual Daily Vehicle Permit for one year to December 31, 2022 and providing 2021 Summer Daily Vehicle Permit holders an additional season to use their permit. The summer daily vehicle permit will now be valid April 1 to Nov 30, 2021 and April 1 to Nov 30, 2022.

Note that you will still require a permit to visit parks on Fridays and on weekends. Just like daily vehicle permits, accessing a park with a seasonal permit is subject to park capacity limits.
It's $75 for the pass, $6 for shipping and $10.53 for HST.
E as in ewe, eye, eight
170 replies
Apr 29, 2018
129 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
In for one .. in 2 years I will go to some park .. did you get that message on your email ?
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Sep 24, 2004
826 posts
407 upvotes
Scarborough
I've been sitting on the fence for a while - should I or should I not. Extending it to 2 years is making me lean towards the "should I".

The Mon to Thu freebie is good, but that means we'd have a to take a day off for that. Oh well, what am I going to do with all that accumulated vacation, there's only so much I can carry-over.
Nov 12, 2017
316 posts
417 upvotes
Cambridge
During summer last year, some parks already got full. I can't remember the day. I remember having to wait an hour to enter a park near Kenora. I hope this doesn't overload the parks.
Mar 12, 2016
862 posts
1302 upvotes
stizarch wrote: During summer last year, some parks already got full. I can't remember the day. I remember having to wait an hour to enter a park near Kenora. I hope this doesn't overload the parks.
It 100% will...but ultimately it is still a good thing, albeit worse for the usual crowd
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14343 posts
8208 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I guess the hope is to displace volume on summer weekends where the day use beach/parking is at full capacity well before noon.

Parks with one beach will see less tranquility Mon to Thur for regular campsite permit holders. It'll cost them more to clean facilities and pickup litter due to the volume of free entries. Some parks with multiple beaches and day use only areas might still be ok for campers. And those parks in more remote areas should be less affected.

Remember to clean up after yourself, put garbage in designated areas. Fines for different infractions are no different than tickets given by OPP.
http://www.ontarioparks.com/park/www.blueflag.ca/rules
Mar 3, 2009
100 posts
28 upvotes
Last year the parks were closed a lot for day use due to being full, guessing its still a possibility.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1271 posts
726 upvotes
Damn this wants to make me cancel my trips this year, it was already so jam packed last year without it being free, it's going to be a disaster this year with the free days.
[*]
May 3, 2018
221 posts
343 upvotes
all the other provinces' parks kick ONT's ass
the only thing i have after moving to ONT
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2476 posts
2273 upvotes
Whitby
Pack parks, pandemic, maskless people.... Is this a deal?
Oct 7, 2011
21 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Ekkox2x wrote: Just as an FYI, I got this email as well. It states that the pass WON'T work on fri-sun in 2022, just the weekdays. Before everyone get there hopes to high.
That's not how I read the email; it states that you can't use the free days (without a pass) for Fri-Sun.

Here is the description in the store for the 2021 Annual Pass, note the extended validity to Dec 31, 2022:

Annual Day-Use Vehicle Permit 2021

$99.00 CAD
Description
Plan a year of park adventures. With this permit, you can enjoy unlimited day-use entry to over 100 provincial parks across Ontario. It’s valid from January 1, 2021 until December 31, 2022.
Dec 30, 2017
73 posts
115 upvotes
This is obviously a great deal but I'm not happy with this decision at all. Parks where there's a paid entrance are usually much cleaner and people are more respectful of preserving nature. Free parks get trashed and there is tons of litter.
May 17, 2018
70 posts
92 upvotes
Yeah re-read it a few times, I think you are right.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1209 posts
1381 upvotes
GTA
Placed an order on one.

Regardless, this is a great deal especially I am planning a visit in Aug.
Zoomer Wireless $40.50/6GB unlimited minute plan;
Public Mobile $15 unlimited incoming call;
Fido $10 4GB LTE data/Month plan
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2476 posts
2273 upvotes
Whitby
Unless the enforce distancing and masking this is a like warm deal. Parks might be closed anyway
Wave 3.
Aug 26, 2019
308 posts
295 upvotes
The6ix
I love having a camper. I get to park anywhere (mainly crown, which is all over) and not pay a thing. I get to hike and bike from my mini summer home on wheels. Cheers Ontarians!
Sep 19, 2005
609 posts
173 upvotes
can you get this at a park entrance to save on shipping? or is it only available from their website?
thank you!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4134 posts
2964 upvotes
Toronto
madknife wrote: can you get this at a park entrance to save on shipping? or is it only available from their website?
thank you!
if so, would cost you $10 in gas to go to the park