Real Estate

Ontario signs formal agreement with York Region on Yonge North Subway Extension

19 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13863 posts
10126 upvotes
This is like 20 years away at the earliest.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1405 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario
JayLove06 wrote: This is like 20 years away at the earliest.
Does not matter how far in the future, you should buy now before prices will explode. It is known everyone wants to be on subway line.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5436 posts
988 upvotes
This will be so useless.

The train can't handle that additional capacity and a subway from Richmond Hill would take like 1.5-2 hours to get to Union
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
3005 posts
911 upvotes
GTA
Ziggy007 wrote: This will be so useless.

The train can't handle that additional capacity and a subway from Richmond Hill would take like 1.5-2 hours to get to Union
You will have to hope and Pray going and coming that there are no delays, signal issues etc.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10687 posts
9034 upvotes
So people aren’t going to be working from home and downtown deserted? What’s the point of this? ;)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
5095 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto
Expect to see a lot of development along Yonge north of Finch now.
Values will increase as well.

There are some major projects near yonge and steeles coming up.
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1243 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
They need to construct more lines within the city rather than simply extending lines.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1405 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario
oasis100 wrote: Expect to see a lot of development along Yonge north of Finch now.

Why didn't you said like this from beginning? Guess you also have some to sell....
Nov 25, 2013
206 posts
154 upvotes
Ziggy007 wrote: This will be so useless.

Agreed. The Finch side of Line 1 is over capacity and gets extremely packed by the time it gets to Sheppard. I would rather pay more and use the RH Go Train. For a fact, I live in North York and takes the go train from Oriole (station beside IKEA). I'd rather pay $2 more for my sanity and not buy coffee/lunch instead.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13863 posts
10126 upvotes
jaye23 wrote: Agreed. The Finch side of Line 1 is over capacity and gets extremely packed by the time it gets to Sheppard. I would rather pay more and use the RH Go Train. For a fact, I live in North York and takes the go train from Oriole (station beside IKEA). I'd rather pay $2 more for my sanity and not buy coffee/lunch instead.
Need to have express train service like New York. That’s not happening here.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1100 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a waste of time and money. Look at the Vaughan metropolitan station, sounds great on paper, completely ineffective to get to downtown. You are better off driving to the Go train and going from there.

I am all for expanding public transit and creating capacity, I don't see how this achieves either on a subway line that's already beyond peak capacity. Maybe someone can enlighten me with a thoughtful answer taking into consideration the nuance of where we are at now and where we will be in the future.

I am sure it will make for a magical sales pitch at the presentation offices that are about to start popping up tho :D
Last edited by RichmondCA on May 29th, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Realtor, Investor, CPA
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1100 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
jaye23 wrote: Agreed. The Finch side of Line 1 is over capacity and gets extremely packed by the time it gets to Sheppard. I would rather pay more and use the RH Go Train. For a fact, I live in North York and takes the go train from Oriole (station beside IKEA). I'd rather pay $2 more for my sanity and not buy coffee/lunch instead.
+1
Realtor, Investor, CPA
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
5095 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto
oasis100 wrote: Expect to see a lot of development along Yonge north of Finch now.

I have nothing to sell. Its all public knowledge where development sites are.
Full-time Realtor
Apr 19, 2020
7 posts
Oh what difference does it make in a few years? It will be more accessible for people who live in the region and less of commute time and a connection to hwy 7.
Sep 23, 2017
85 posts
39 upvotes
In 10 years they will get to Center St and by 2030 they will be at hwy 7.
We have highest taxes and slowest infrastructure construction in the world. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1243 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
Eventually, though probably not in our lifetimes, it will be extended to the Arctic Circle.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
5095 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto
10 years minimum i think.
Full-time Realtor