2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

Ontario - SOBEY’s - 150 BAMs with Purchase of a $ 150 Sobeys Gift Card (March 21st thru March 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2019 7:11 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20856 posts
19108 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

Ontario - SOBEY’s - 150 BAMs with Purchase of a $ 150 Sobeys Gift Card (March 21st thru March 27th)

OFFER

150 Bonus AirMiles @ SOBEY’s with Purchase of a $ 150 Sobeys Gift Card ... March 21st thru March 27th

FINE PRINT

>>> COUPON REQUIRED
OFFER CODE = # 770794011776

* MAX of 5 GCs for the BAMs (for more info see the Offer / Coupon on the website = www.airmilesmegamiles.ca
Last edited by PointsHubby on Mar 23rd, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
65 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20856 posts
19108 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER
For TIPS & TRICKS

* PAST AMs BB Events show that BEST RESULTS come with buying EXACTLY a $ 150 SOBEYS GC

* SOBEYS GCs are universal... they can be used at ANY of the Stores in the Sobey’s Group across Canada
(Including those with different names... like Urban Fresh)
Last edited by PointsHubby on Mar 22nd, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5640 posts
2029 upvotes
I've never tried purchasing GC's for trade events before, but it seems so easy. Have people had success buying other retailers' GCs at Sobey's before?
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
5701 posts
15840 upvotes
Kitchener
This is probably the only one I'll do lol~
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20856 posts
19108 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
deezz wrote: I've never tried purchasing GC's for trade events before, but it seems so easy. Have people had success buying other retailers' GCs at Sobey's before?
Sobey’s, Shell, Rexall & Shoppers Drugmart are our primary sources for buying GCs
Always when on Discount or a Loyalty Promotion (AirMiles or PCO Points with purchase)
Awesome way to double dip
Watch flyers / Flipp for ads

This particular MMs Offer though is only good on a Sobey’s GC

We often buy & spend on the same day
Pick it up when we arrive
And use it on the way out

Just be aware there are a lot of GC Fraudsters / Scams
So look for secure cards or hidden PINs
And BEST ADVICE ... don’t carry a balance (that’s what gets stolen most often)
Just redeem the entire amount in one transaction

EDIT / ADD ... shell is one of the few retailers who offer loyalty miles / points on all GCs
So a great place to buy, even if there isn’t a sale / promo on them
Last edited by PointsHubby on Mar 21st, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1702 posts
394 upvotes
anyone had a successful transaction yet? I usually wait until after the first 24h so that any bugs are worked out.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20856 posts
19108 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Oscar11 wrote: anyone had a successful transaction yet? I usually wait until after the first 24h so that any bugs are worked out.
Me too.
Good TIP ... One I included in the START HERE STICKY

My MegaMiles Collecting will begin in earnest on the weekend
First & Last 24/48 Hours has proven to be too risky in past events
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2792 posts
1461 upvotes
Oscar11 wrote: anyone had a successful transaction yet? I usually wait until after the first 24h so that any bugs are worked out.
Some people have reported success in the original Megamiles 2019 forum. Suggest that you do it Friday or Saturday so that the points are posted in your account by Wednesday. That way you still have until Wednesday the 27th to buy more if you wish.
Last edited by akaManny on Mar 22nd, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 10, 2018
42 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Would this work at an urbanfresh or only at sobeys (no urbanfresh)?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20856 posts
19108 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
thereisnoaddress wrote: Would this work at an urbanfresh or only at sobeys (no urbanfresh)?
Urban Fresh has their own Ontario MMs Offer

Urban Fresh is a seperate & distinct AMs FULL PARTNER
Even though it is a store in the Sobey’s Group

As a Store in the Sobey’s Group the GCs are all the same branded as Sobey’s they are usable at any stores in the Sobey’s Group across Canada
Mar 7, 2009
314 posts
1350 upvotes
Clarington
A friend & I purchased five $150 gift cards yesterday and had no trouble.

I read somewhere to make sure my Air Miles card is scanned first, then the MM coupon. I don't know if it really makes a difference but that's the order we did it and all was good.

I will be going back on Monday to get five $150 gift cards on my husband's collector account. It's switched to cash at the moment as we are waiting for another transacation to appear in the cash miles. Then switch back to dream and get the gift cards.
Jul 20, 2007
617 posts
185 upvotes
Does anyone know if Sobeys Extra is treated as normal Sobeys? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2395 posts
2490 upvotes
I bought a $150 Sobeys gift card yesterday, I gave the cashier the coupon first, and then the AM card; the 150 mega-miles bonus was shown on the receipt.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2350 posts
871 upvotes
Central Ontario
ahoroba wrote: I bought a $150 Sobeys gift card yesterday, I gave the cashier the coupon first, and then the AM card; the 150 mega-miles bonus was shown on the receipt.
Is the coupon necessary?
Aug 26, 2012
246 posts
206 upvotes
Nepean
Has anyone had any luck buying other gift cards with a Sobey's gift card as payment? Some people on the Air Miles Disney Facebook group say that they have been successful through "younger cashiers". Could you do this at a self-checkout? Thanks!
Mar 7, 2009
314 posts
1350 upvotes
Clarington
JustMike wrote: Is the coupon necessary?
Yes. If you don't have the coupon scanned it won't put the MM promo code on it for you to get the AMs.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1112 posts
772 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Would the Sobey's cards be accepted at Freshco?
Dec 24, 2011
227 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
hoody123 wrote: Would the Sobey's cards be accepted at Freshco?
Cards can be redeemed at Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, Safeway, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drugs, Needs, Fast Fuel and Price Chopper (ON) locations across Canada. Sobeys gift cards are accepted only in these IGA locations in B.C (1) 4823 – 50 Avenue , Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 (2) 5001 – 50 Avenue, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0 (3) 624-9 Avenue North, Golden, BC VOA 1HO
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20856 posts
19108 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
madamadakun wrote: Does anyone know if Sobeys Extra is treated as normal Sobeys? Thanks.
Sorry not familiar with Sobey’s Extra Stores ... you Question will be easier to answer if I know the AirMiles Province / Region they are in
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20856 posts
19108 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
JustMike wrote: Is the coupon necessary?
Kesali wrote: Yes. If you don't have the coupon scanned it won't put the MM promo code on it for you to get the AMs.
This

@JustMike

I cannot stress this enough ...
The key to success with these AMs BIG BONUS Events is go8ng to the AMs MMs 2019 Website and READING the Offers and FOLLOWING the HOW TO USE Directions... it’s all there... laid out in one spot
(We here on RFD are more about sharing experiences & TIPS to make things run most smoothly... that though would be the # 1 TRICK... READ & FOLLOW DIRECTIONS)

The pay off... Miles ... especially BB BAMs will POST quickly & accurately
No Missing Miles... No Missing Mile-stones