2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

Ontario - URBAN FRESH - 5x AMs WUS $ 50+ on Almost Anything in store (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2019 2:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

Ontario - URBAN FRESH - 5x AMs WUS $ 50+ on Almost Anything in store (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

OFFER

5x the AirMiles @ URBAN FRESH When You Spend $ 50 or more on almost anything in store ... November 14th thru December 27th, 2019

Coupon Status - COUPON REQUIRED

FINE PRINT

>>> Single Transaction
Offer is only usable ONCE per AMs Collector Account
There are various exclusions ... including Gift Cards
See the STB Website = https://shoptheblock.ca/en/home
And the Offer’s HOW TO USE Terms & Conditions for more info
THREAD CREATED FROM THE COUPON BOOK
AND VERIFIED WITH THE STB WEBSITE
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 14th, 2019 11:00 am, edited 10 times in total.
18 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER
FOR TIPS & TRICKS

* This is a ONE USE ONLY Offer ... so use it wisely. Plan to match it up with your largest shop of the STB 2019 timeframe
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 14th, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 14, 2017
110 posts
138 upvotes
Excluding gift cards in general sucks. But at least include gift cards to Urban Fresh/Sobeys in the offer.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
wazzie19 wrote: Excluding gift cards in general sucks. But at least include gift cards to Urban Fresh/Sobeys in the offer.
Agreed *

$ 50 is a low threshold spend ... so that’s nice
Downside it’s only usable ONCE per AMs Collector Account
So gotta plan to use it when you do your biggest shop in the STB 6 week period

* Those of us who got in on the Sobey’s GC Promos back around Thanksgiving can certainly use the ones we’ve stockpiled for all these Sobey’s Group of Stores STB Offers
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
So Sobeys and Sobey's Urban Fresh count as 2 separate offers?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
Tijuana wrote: So Sobeys and Sobey's Urban Fresh count as 2 separate offers?
The important count is partners, not offers. Yes, 2 different logos on the STB site, means 2 different partners.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17434 posts
12784 upvotes
Toronto
Blue Friday (Nov 22) at Sobeys, Sobeys UF & Foodland makes the $50 threshold a little easier to swallow IMO YMMV
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1470 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
wazzie19 wrote: Excluding gift cards in general sucks. But at least include gift cards to Urban Fresh/Sobeys in the offer.
so wait....we can purchase a $50 urban fresh gift card from Urban Fresh to satisfy this offer? thanks
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Dec 14, 2017
110 posts
138 upvotes
pererac wrote: so wait....we can purchase a $50 urban fresh gift card from Urban Fresh to satisfy this offer? thanks
NO! I was just saying that they should have. The terms are clear though... No gift cards at all.
Apr 24, 2009
122 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
I have some FPCs.

Does anyone know if I can buy $50, get the BAMs, and then use the FPCs as part of the payment? Or, does the total need to be at least $50, after coupons are applied?

thanks in advance
Oct 20, 2006
207 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
This is showing up as Sobeys without the "Urban Fresh" logo and it doesn't reference Shop the Block on my AM account. The points add up for this promotion though. Should be ok?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
C-Bacon wrote: This is showing up as Sobeys without the "Urban Fresh" logo and it doesn't reference Shop the Block on my AM account. The points add up for this promotion though. Should be ok?
Should be fine.

Technically ... the full name is Sobey’s Urban Fresh (see the logo on the STB Website)

I am sure that the internal workings @ Sobey’s Group HQ & AirMiles have this figured out
(As many of us discovered during Xmas in July event, AirMiles has a set of usually hidden codes that correspond to each Partner when Miles Get POSTED to our Accounts. So I think it’s pretty clear to them that you did the Urban Fresh Offer as one of your PARTNER COUNTS)
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
C-Bacon wrote: This is showing up as Sobeys without the "Urban Fresh" logo and it doesn't reference Shop the Block on my AM account. The points add up for this promotion though. Should be ok?
It is indeed not ideal. The 'Sponsor' displayed online is 'Sobeys' for both Urban Fresh and Sobeys, although the next column shows the address of the store. The receipt shows 'Shop the Block' with 8, 12, etc Bonus Miles, but online it just shows as 'Bonus Reward Miles'. FWIW, I have in the past used both sponsors for STB and got the miles and sponsors, no problem.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
This week from Sobeys load offer website, there's a load offer buy $25 grocery gift card get 10 miles. I have multiple cards from the household, and I found this offer from all of our accounts I'm going to buy the gift card first, then use the gift card to fulfill Sobeys or UF STB
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6261 upvotes
ricedion wrote: This week from Sobeys load offer website, there's a load offer buy $25 grocery gift card get 10 miles. I have multiple cards from the household, and I found this offer from all of our accounts I'm going to buy the gift card first, then use the gift card to fulfill Sobeys or UF STB
your offer was for any gift card? mine was for Netflix or Sephora GCs only :(
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
mkl38s wrote: your offer was for any gift card? mine was for Netflix or Sephora GCs only :(
I saw the Netflix and Sephora offers from my email too. But when I login to https://getmyoffers.ca/, the grocery gift card offer is on the top of the list
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6261 upvotes
^ thanks. Now I see it too :)
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1515 posts
988 upvotes
jumpfroggy wrote: I have some FPCs.

Does anyone know if I can buy $50, get the BAMs, and then use the FPCs as part of the payment? Or, does the total need to be at least $50, after coupons are applied?

thanks in advance
Previously, yes you could use it as payment, but not sure if any changes this year
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ariel wrote: Previously, yes you could use it as payment, but not sure if any changes this year
Don’t know about FPCs (Free Product Coupons) how they work

BUT do know that Sobey’s Gift Cards count the same as Cash

And that EVERY Sobey’s Group Customer that belongs to MY OFFERS (be it thru the website or App)

Should have a Buy a Sobey’s $ 25 GC Offer this week ...

As noted above by @ricedion in Reply # 14
The smart thing here to do is buy the GC and then redeem it for Groceries
Maybe Even in the same trip ...
Or better yet ... STACK IT with other offers
It will work with the STB Offer
Or on Tuesday ~ December 3rd = Customer Appreciation Day Offer
IF you live in a Province / Region where Sobey’s Group has those
(check the current flyer for details )