2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

Ontario - URBAN FRESH - 75 BAMs with Purchase of a $ 75 Sobeys Gift Card (March 21st thru March 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2019 9:25 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
geogolem wrote: Can anybody confirm that the Sobeys 150 miles with 150$ gc purchase....

And the "urban fresh" 75 miles with 75$ gc purchase..

Counts as 2 offer partners for this megamiles event.

I did both (one at Sobeys, one at an urban fresh location) but other than the fact that the receipt says urban fresh and I specifically asked if it was an urban fresh location, urban fresh appeared to be just a smaller Sobeys location, even the signage just said Sobeys.

My receipts do indicate the appropriate coupon codes and miles earned. (And Sobeys/Sobeys urban fresh).. I'm just surprised airmiles views them as separate partners for the purposes of something like this megamiles event.
Yes, Sobeys and Urban Fresh have different logos on the mega miles site, and have always counted as 2 separate partners for these promotions. What is even better is that the gift cards can be used at both and also Foodland, so that is 3 out of 5 for this promotion.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Purchased at the Mt. Pleasant location.
Got Blue Jays and MapleLeaf gift cards.
You should see both Promo #30 and Mega Miles Spring 2019 on the receipt.
My first one cashier forgot to scan the coupon so no Promo #30 appears on the receipt but Mega Miles Spring 2019 75 Miles still show.
Hopefully don't need to argue with Air Miles on the MegaMiles count.
Cashier insisted that she had to tear and keep one coupon for each gift card, so make sure you take a few physical copies of the brochure.

Act fast guys, as this promo only lasts for 3 more days!
With such a short timeframe this round, I'm sure many will miss out on these easy ones.
Dec 27, 2002
591 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
Got one from College Park receipt shows the 75 miles plus 20 miles for spending 40. I didn't get the spend $60 get 30 someone mentioned earlier? Oh well, I wasn't even expecting the extra 20 in the first place.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
SneakyPete wrote: Got one from College Park receipt shows the 75 miles plus 20 miles for spending 40. I didn't get the spend $60 get 30 someone mentioned earlier? Oh well, I wasn't even expecting the extra 20 in the first place.
Your 20 miles for spending $40 was probably from 'MyOffers' which applies to Sobeys, Urban Fresh & Foodland in Ontario. The offer varies by collector number - I got 35 for spending $75, some got 30 for spending $60. I don't use the app but instead I need to load from the website. For whatever reason, even if you didn't know it, you must have had the loaded offer for 20 AM
Dec 27, 2002
591 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
akaManny wrote: Your 20 miles for spending $40 was probably from 'MyOffers' which applies to Sobeys, Urban Fresh & Foodland in Ontario. The offer varies by collector number - I got 35 for spending $75, some got 30 for spending $60. I don't use the app but instead I need to load from the website. For whatever reason, even if you didn't know it, you must have had the loaded offer for 20 AM
I use the app but there's no offer listed under Urban Fresh except the buy $75 get 75 miles.
Jun 22, 2017
81 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
ricedion wrote: got four gift cards from College Park. 75 miles shown on receipt. Promo code 30. No problem
Just wondering, have you or anyone else that purchased gift card from college park sobeys urban fresh been able to redeem it for LCBO or other giftcards? I tried to use self-checkout the other day but it seems like payment with gift card is not working on their system.
Apr 17, 2009
483 posts
95 upvotes
Can we use this Sobeys gift cards in any IGA, including in Quebec?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1841 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Tdotdealhunter wrote: Just wondering, have you or anyone else that purchased gift card from college park sobeys urban fresh been able to redeem it for LCBO or other giftcards? I tried to use self-checkout the other day but it seems like payment with gift card is not working on their system.
Few weeks ago I was able to do that but needed to do it with a Cashier. He had to actually go back and ask manager/superior if he was allowed.
But other times I was told that I can not buy GC with a GC. So YMMV.
May 23, 2009
7 posts
1 upvote
Vaughan
I can 100% confirm the Sobeys Urban Fresh deal bear Yonge and Davisville completely works and it is also combinable with Sobeys My Offers if you have 1 for total dollars spend, which typically is not supposed to include gift card! Happy Hunting.
Images
  • C81D3BB8-0CE2-4A1E-B594-136E4B8F1B56.jpeg
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1841 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Went to College Park location. Presented the printed coupon, the cashier used her own.
Got the Blue jays one and receipt does show mega mile spring 2019.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
akaManny wrote: Yes, Sobeys and Urban Fresh have different logos on the mega miles site, and have always counted as 2 separate partners for these promotions. What is even better is that the gift cards can be used at both and also Foodland, so that is 3 out of 5 for this promotion.
Yes, I use the SOBEY's gift cards at FRESHCO too.

Question -> Do all SOBEYS GC's (for example, the Blue Jays or Raptors ones people are mentioning) work at FRESHCO etc. or just the ones that specifically list all the other grocery stores on them.

So far, when buying SOBEYS GC's I have always specifically sought out the GC that has all the other stores, like FRESHCO etc. listed on the card itself. So far Ive never run into an issue where they don't have those but only the other ones - but I would like to know if the others will work at FRESHCO etc. too.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
geogolem wrote: Yes, I use the SOBEY's gift cards at FRESHCO too.

Question -> Do all SOBEYS GC's (for example, the Blue Jays or Raptors ones people are mentioning) work at FRESHCO etc. or just the ones that specifically list all the other grocery stores on them.

So far, when buying SOBEYS GC's I have always specifically sought out the GC that has all the other stores, like FRESHCO etc. listed on the card itself. So far Ive never run into an issue where they don't have those but only the other ones - but I would like to know if the others will work at FRESHCO etc. too.
The GCs I got from Urban Fresh were "Raptors", and stores listed were exactly the same as the regular Sobeys GC, including FreshCo.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
akaManny wrote: The GCs I got from Urban Fresh were "Raptors", and stores listed were exactly the same as the regular Sobeys GC, including FreshCo.
ok thats good. Maybe they all list all the stores on the GC and I just didnt look closely enough at them.

I seem to recall seeing a SOBEY's GC in SOBEYS (and recently too - not too long ago), that only shows SOBEYS/Safeway and I tend to avoid those ones and make sure I get one that lists all the stores.... but a google search can't find any SOBEY's GC that doesnt list all the stores.. so maybe I just didnt look closely enough at them - ill have to double check next time. It really is no issue as Ive always been able to find one that lists all the stores - I was asking just because, if at some point they didnt have any (in stock) that list all the stores - perhaps those other ones (that might not exist) would still work the same (just a different image) - anyway its a non issue, if they all list all the stores :)
Mar 2, 2018
288 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
Toule wrote: Can we use this Sobeys gift cards in any IGA, including in Quebec?
Yes. I use them when I shop at IGA (in Quebec) all the time.
Mar 2, 2018
288 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
geogolem wrote: ok thats good. Maybe they all list all the stores on the GC and I just didnt look closely enough at them.

I seem to recall seeing a SOBEY's GC in SOBEYS (and recently too - not too long ago), that only shows SOBEYS/Safeway and I tend to avoid those ones and make sure I get one that lists all the stores.... but a google search can't find any SOBEY's GC that doesnt list all the stores.. so maybe I just didnt look closely enough at them - ill have to double check next time. It really is no issue as Ive always been able to find one that lists all the stores - I was asking just because, if at some point they didnt have any (in stock) that list all the stores - perhaps those other ones (that might not exist) would still work the same (just a different image) - anyway its a non issue, if they all list all the stores :)
If you're worried or have issues just print out the terms and conditions from the Sobeys website regarding where you can use the Sobeys GC and carry that with you. When FreshCo opened near me various cashiers were hesitant to take the Sobeys GC. I would pull out my sheet and show them that they could and ask them to try. When they tried it always worked.
Jun 22, 2017
81 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased the $75 sobeys gift card on the 23rd, the receipt shows promo #30 and mega miles spring 2019 75 miles. In the summary it says total miles earned 75. However, it still hasn't posted to my air miles account! All other completed mega miles offers have posted to my account.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Mar 19, 2007
483 posts
485 upvotes
Tdotdealhunter wrote: I purchased the $75 sobeys gift card on the 23rd, the receipt shows promo #30 and mega miles spring 2019 75 miles. In the summary it says total miles earned 75. However, it still hasn't posted to my air miles account! All other completed mega miles offers have posted to my account.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Sobeys post miles every Thursday for purchases from the prior week ending on Saturday. You’ll see it tmr.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: FYI...

I have seen in the past where WUS miles show on the receipt
But NEVER POST
Because the Spend was on a GC (which in the WUS Offer fine print doesn’t qualify)
Just so you know if you never see those SURPRISE 30 BAMs
Of course like everything else
YMMV
Posted today on all 4 family accounts - 75 expected plus 35 AM WUS $75. So since another batch of 35 AM WUS $75 appeared in MyOffers this morning, I tried it again. Same thing at Urban Fresh $75 GC for the one account I tried, but at Sobeys only 150 AM for 2 other accounts. So this week at least, Urban Fresh (but not Sobeys) is giving WUS AM when you buy gift cards.
May 8, 2015
460 posts
259 upvotes
East York, ON
My UF $75 GC is posted today. I purchased the GC on the very first day, the service lady had to do my AM manually. Here is what the AM in my account look like:
sbyuf.JPG
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
Leasiderin wrote: My UF $75 GC is posted today. I purchased the GC on the very first day, the service lady had to do my AM manually. Here is what the AM in my account look like:

sbyuf.JPG
Same store, bought on the second day, but posted with same date as yours (Saturday) as BONUS REWARD MILES. Unless somehow this was flagged as a MM transaction, you may need to chase it down later.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)