Expired Hot Deals

Ontario to Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton for $150-$250 CAD roundtrip

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2021 12:37 am
[OP]
Member
Jan 21, 2010
463 posts
539 upvotes
Brantford

Ontario to Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton for $150-$250 CAD roundtrip

Deal Link:
Courtesy of YYZ deals. Many flights on Swoop and Flair are available from September 2021 to February 2022. I just booked a RT ticket from YHM to YLW in October with 1 checked bag on Swoop for $286, direct flight outgoing, one hour stopover on return.

For Swoop a checked bag is $50 each way, and a carry-on is the same price.

As per the link there may be similar deals in the opposite direction.
17 replies
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2018
790 posts
943 upvotes
you can book for $250 on Air Canada and WestJet for YYZ-YVR lots of these type of domestic flights are cheap. no need to use Flair or Swoop when AC/WS are basically the same price and have baggage and a drink and snack
Newbie
Feb 7, 2011
38 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
Just keep in Mind that parking at Hamilton Airport is 28.00 per day......There are cheaper options at YYZ (Toronto), everyone should keep this in mind when chosing between the two airports
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2552 posts
875 upvotes
Whitehorse
For just $99 one way, you can add the leg to Whitehorse (from Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary - maybe Victoria and Kelowna as well, I'm not sure). 2 pieces of checked luggage included!

To book that, book your other flight first, then call Air North and ask for the Connector Fare. You can have a layover of up to three days.

You must book at least 8 days in advance otherwise the price rises by $50.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1122 posts
368 upvotes
jfd3220 wrote: Courtesy of YYZ deals. Many flights on Swoop and Flair are available from September 2021 to February 2022. I just booked a RT ticket from YHM to YLW in October with 1 checked bag on Swoop for $286, direct flight outgoing, one hour stopover on return.

For Swoop a checked bag is $50 each way, and a carry-on is the same price.

As per the link there may be similar deals in the opposite direction.
So does yycdeals have deals that RFD does not includeGrinning Face
[OP]
Member
Jan 21, 2010
463 posts
539 upvotes
Brantford
Aselwyn1 wrote: you can book for $250 on Air Canada and WestJet for YYZ-YVR lots of these type of domestic flights are cheap. no need to use Flair or Swoop when AC/WS are basically the same price and have baggage and a drink and snack
AC and WJ options are more expensive for YHM-YLW and for many other routes I imagine. Not everyone wants to fly YYZ-YVR.
Member
Feb 7, 2015
281 posts
173 upvotes
Is purse or somekind of laptop bagpack considered to be a carry on and you have to pay the fee?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9985 posts
6920 upvotes
Toronto
narut0 wrote: Is purse or somekind of laptop bagpack considered to be a carry on and you have to pay the fee?
No, those small items are considered personal articles.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 5, 2007
911 posts
366 upvotes
Booked two one-ways between YYZ and YVR for late September with AC, while the prices are still hot and that TD/CIBC AC cash back promo is active (so $25 off each way in my case since I just have a VI card).
Jr. Member
Nov 3, 2009
172 posts
136 upvotes
toronto
sokolov wrote: For just $99 one way, you can add the leg to Whitehorse (from Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary - maybe Victoria and Kelowna as well, I'm not sure). 2 pieces of checked luggage included!

To book that, book your other flight first, then call Air North and ask for the Connector Fare. You can have a layover of up to three days.

You must book at least 8 days in advance otherwise the price rises by $50.

What does one do in Whitehorse? Just curious cause I do want to visit but what can you do there?
Member
User avatar
Jan 24, 2013
331 posts
153 upvotes
Ontario
Be careful with Swoop. Had two one way flights booked from Toronto to Victoria and Kelowna to Toronto mid July. Had BOTH flights cancelled by Swoop separately about 2 - 3 weeks before and had to scramble and rebook with Air Canada and West Jet. Sure the prices are dirt cheap, but you get what you pay for and there's risk involved with these discount airlines. Buyer beware.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2552 posts
875 upvotes
Whitehorse
runnersgambit wrote: What does one do in Whitehorse? Just curious cause I do want to visit but what can you do there?
Get some inspiration here:
https://www.northofordinary.com/lgrt_2020 (There is a 2021 version distributed in print, but I can't find it online right now.)

The Yukon a nature experience, and a people experience - Yukoners are super friendly and helpful. The Yukon is beautiful and very large. Hiking, camping, mountan biking, canoeing/kayaking/SUP (currently, I recommend sticking to the many lakes - many rivers carry high water and are unpredictable), roadtrips (RV, car, motorbike, bicycle). If you have money to spend, you can hire planes or helicopters to take you to more remote places.

Whitehorse itself has several museums, I would start with the Beringia museum. For lovers of beer and thelike, there are several local breweries. One makes famous Whiskey, too. For the art-inspired, there are several exhibitions, and concerts are happening again, too.

Funnily, the Yukon even has an African Music Festival - August 21st in Whitehorse, August 22nd in Dawson City. (Normally, it is in February, but there was COVID19.)
Sr. Member
Oct 13, 2017
778 posts
752 upvotes
Hamilton
Nguygie wrote: Be careful with Swoop. Had two one way flights booked from Toronto to Victoria and Kelowna to Toronto mid July. Had BOTH flights cancelled by Swoop separately about 2 - 3 weeks before and had to scramble and rebook with Air Canada and West Jet. Sure the prices are dirt cheap, but you get what you pay for and there's risk involved with these discount airlines. Buyer beware.
And that is why I booked my upcoming trip to Edmonton with Air Canada. Much less likely my flight gets cancelled.
Member
Jan 9, 2011
395 posts
38 upvotes
Keep in mind that Calgary has changed all its COVID rules/regulations so traveling there can be sketchy. We were planning a trip to Calgary/Vancouver for September.. rethinking it now.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2865 posts
757 upvotes
sokolov wrote: For just $99 one way, you can add the leg to Whitehorse (from Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary - maybe Victoria and Kelowna as well, I'm not sure). 2 pieces of checked luggage included!

To book that, book your other flight first, then call Air North and ask for the Connector Fare. You can have a layover of up to three days.

You must book at least 8 days in advance otherwise the price rises by $50.
Can you explain this more ? Do I need to book with north for the entire flight or how does this work ?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2552 posts
875 upvotes
Whitehorse
Daf wrote: Can you explain this more ? Do I need to book with north for the entire flight or how does this work ?
As I said, you book your flight to Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton. However you want to book it with whatever airline. You need a confirmed ticket, not standby.

Then you call Air North and ask for the Connector Fare. 1-800-661-0407 They'll ask you to email them the ticket you already have booked.

Before calling Air North, you should know what flights they have on what days and at what times, so you can ask for the specific flight you want, incl flight numbers. Be prepared, and have your credit card ready.

You can do this one-way, return, or two oneways (such as into Vancouver and out of Edmonton, etc.).

When you travel, bring a printout of your ticket with the other airline and keep all boarding passes. Air North may want to check you actually flew in with the other airline.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2865 posts
757 upvotes
sokolov wrote: As I said, you book your flight to Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton. However you want to book it with whatever airline. You need a confirmed ticket, not standby.

Then you call Air North and ask for the Connector Fare. 1-800-661-0407 They'll ask you to email them the ticket you already have booked.

Before calling Air North, you should know what flights they have on what days and at what times, so you can ask for the specific flight you want, incl flight numbers. Be prepared, and have your credit card ready.

You can do this one-way, return, or two oneways (such as into Vancouver and out of Edmonton, etc.).

When you travel, bring a printout of your ticket with the other airline and keep all boarding passes. Air North may want to check you actually flew in with the other airline.
Oh wow.. that's pretty cool... I had no idea... How is the air north plane?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2552 posts
875 upvotes
Whitehorse
Daf wrote: Oh wow.. that's pretty cool... I had no idea... How is the air north plane?
It's the best airline in Canada. For these routes, they use Boeing 737 planes with real seats, nice pitch, and - at least before COVID - they had free softdrinks and a snack (sandwich or a yummy cheese/sausage/grapes platter). Plus there was the famours Air North wam cookie. Beer was $5, cash only - but I think the stopped selling beer during the pandemic and I don't know what the snack service is like. It may be zilch, it may be back - let us know!

There is no on board entertainment system nor WiFi, but there is a copy of the Yukon North of Ordinary magazine in the seatpocket. It is a pretty good magazine, quarterly. It actually has quite a few subscribers who pay for it.

For routes north of Whitehorse Air North usually uses smaller planes. I haven't flown with those yet.

Top