Expired Hot Deals

Ooma Telo & Wireless Adapter. YMMV $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2016 8:26 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 25, 2016
47 posts
2 upvotes

Ooma Telo & Wireless Adapter. YMMV $99.99

Deal Link:
Price:
99.99
Noticed Ooma was advertised as $109.99 on their CA website. Was planning on PM'ing at Best Buy until I ended up in a chat session with an Ooma agent.

They offered me Ooma Telo + the Wireless Adapter (retail $49.99), all for $99.99. Free shipping.

Additionally, if you want an Ooma Linx, they offered it to me for $29.99. Opted not to get this as I don't need a second jack.
33 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2013
1275 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
Desian wrote: Noticed Ooma was advertised as $109.99 on their CA website. Was planning on PM'ing at Best Buy until I ended up in a chat session with an Ooma agent.

They offered me Ooma Telo + the Wireless Adapter (retail $49.99), all for $99.99. Free shipping.

Additionally, if you want an Ooma Linx, they offered it to me for $29.99. Opted not to get this as I don't need a second jack.
Just one thing to take note of.
You might be charged tax, even if your order confirmation says that there is no tax. Check your statement for your credit card (or other payment method) to confirm. They tried to pull a fast one on me.
Newbie
Dec 4, 2006
80 posts
2 upvotes
Injust wrote: Just one thing to take note of.
You might be charged tax, even if your order confirmation says that there is no tax. Check your statement for your credit card (or other payment method) to confirm. They tried to pull a fast one on me.
So the website is saying a monthly fee of $3.98 (Regulatory Compliance Fee and 911 fees), I obviously know that taxes will be added, so what is your monthly bill (in Ontario)?? $3.98*13% HST=$4.50??? plus any long distance calls??
Member
Oct 19, 2013
379 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mine is $4.50 in Ontario. I have Ooma Premier, so no LD charges anywhere in Canada or USA...ever.

It's been rock solid stable for over 2 years.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4494 posts
1371 upvotes
Spazmogen1 wrote: Mine is $4.50 in Ontario. I have Ooma Premier, so no LD charges anywhere in Canada or USA...ever.

It's been rock solid stable for over 2 years.
$4.50 for premier?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
352 upvotes
+1...i have had Ooma for 1.5 years now. Only had a problem connecting initially...but afterwards it's worked like a charm.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2013
1275 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
Totoriko wrote: $4.50 for premier?
When you first activate, you get a 60-day free trial for Premier. After that, it is $9.99/mo or $119.99/yr.
If you are porting a number, on the port add-on page, you can get a $99.99/yr subscription (not sure if the price will increase after one year) that includes a free port (which is $39.99 by itself).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 29, 2008
3595 posts
942 upvotes
I never had good luck with it, plus calls are routed into the US since they don't CAD servers, not bashing them just IMO.

Freephoneline has been great for me with Google Voice for LD, which is probably also routed to the US but we rarely use it anyways.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 30, 2006
1480 posts
543 upvotes
Halton
Spazmogen1 wrote: Mine is $4.50 in Ontario. I have Ooma Premier, so no LD charges anywhere in Canada or USA...ever.

It's been rock solid stable for over 2 years.
?? you pay $4.50 for Premier? I pay that for regular...

if you don't have Premier, you don't have free US (pennies a minute but a new cost)

we find it very laggy/echoey but put up with it because for $4.50 my wife can live with it... there are some tweaks I could try but have not gotten around to it -a year and a half into it :)
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1921 posts
1781 upvotes
I have it in BC. its $4 and change. works well for me
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
21785 posts
3051 upvotes
Toronto
I have Ooma regular in ONT....

$4.50/month all-in...

For folks that find lag..try having Ooma connected directly to your provider's modem before any of your own routers etc..

Ooma instructions recommend this and it made a huge difference for me..

Of course, some folks may still experience lag and if this is the case, Ooma isn't for you.

I'd recommend buying from Costco or amazon with their generous return policies.

Not sure what Bestbuy return policies are like...

This way, you can try before you fully buy

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Member
Oct 19, 2013
379 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CheapoFillipo wrote: ?? you pay $4.50 for Premier? I pay that for regular...

if you don't have Premier, you don't have free US (pennies a minute but a new cost)

we find it very laggy/echoey but put up with it because for $4.50 my wife can live with it... there are some tweaks I could try but have not gotten around to it -a year and a half into it :)

My monthly is $4.50. I pay for Premier annually. Sorry for any confusion.

I have Ooma plugged into my Rogers modem directly. Zero delays. I do get a very slight lag immediately upon the other person answering. I now just take a breath and count to 2 before speaking. The connection is solid at that point. From that point on, it's as solid as Rogers Home Phone Classic Value Plan was, just $40/month cheaper. I'll take a breath to save $40.
Jr. Member
Oct 6, 2009
165 posts
32 upvotes
was able to get this deal, they offered the ooma telo with WiFi for 129 at first but was able to ask for the 99. 113 tax in
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
352 upvotes
The great thing about ooma is u can use any old cordless phone that has multiple handset and it works right away. No computer or anything fancy to plug in. Great for seniors.
Jr. Member
Jul 26, 2003
147 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
I am in Vancouver and have been using Ooma for about 1 year. So far, never experience any latency, lagging and bad voice quality.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2982 posts
1586 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: For folks that find lag..try having Ooma connected directly to your provider's modem before any of your own routers etc..

Ooma instructions recommend this and it made a huge difference for me..

running your Gigabit or even 100mbps ISP connection through ooma (or obi202) is a ...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2005
4031 posts
296 upvotes
Been using OOMA faithfully for years now. Have premier that you can use to block calls. But I still get telemarketer calls. So it sucks. Occasional glitches but its not common. I dropped it and broke the wireless adapter and had to duct tape it. Can you just buy the (old version) wireless USB stick?
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 30, 2006
1480 posts
543 upvotes
Halton
ji2o0k wrote: ...

For folks that find lag..try having Ooma connected directly to your provider's modem before any of your own routers etc..

Ooma instructions recommend this and it made a huge difference for me..

Of course, some folks may still experience lag and if this is the case, Ooma isn't for you.
yeah this is how I am set up... still laggy..
also i had some outages with Ooma when i first got the service (i posted at the time on another ooma thread) and "customer service" was useless to me

afaik it has not been down since
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 31, 2007
2344 posts
345 upvotes
Thornhill
I've also had this for 2 years now and it's been rock solid. Like others though I do get a bit of lag on the phone which my wife hasn't got used to yet. When someone calls and you answer, you have to wait a couple of seconds to say 'hello' or you have to do it twice like my wife because she tries too early. I haven't tried connecting it to my modem directly, other than the 'lag' problem, I have enjoyed the service so far.
CheapoFillipo wrote: yeah this is how I am set up... still laggy..
also i had some outages with Ooma when i first got the service (i posted at the time on another ooma thread) and "customer service" was useless to me

afaik it has not been down since
Member
May 6, 2016
325 posts
103 upvotes
Whitby
I've been with voyage for about 10 years nownow, $10 a month. Somethings the quality isn't that good, mainly in the evenings. Anyone familiar with both offerings and would recommend ooma over voyage?

Top