Computers & Electronics

Open box TV (Visions) - any experiences?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 1:05 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 11, 2013
217 posts
17 upvotes
GTA

Open box TV (Visions) - any experiences?

I found a good deal for a Sony X900H 65" TV at Visions, but it's open box for $1198.

Does anyone know how their open box products (specifically TV's) are at Visions? Is it better than refurb?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2913 posts
1565 upvotes
London
open box just means someone bought it and returned it within the return window. could be a couple things just someone who had buyers remorse or there could have been something wrong with it. id suggest if u are buying it from in store ask them to take it out of the box and power it on to check it first. also make sure ur signed up for there newsletter/vip thing cost u nothing and for most tvs they give u a second year on the warranty for free
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1724 posts
592 upvotes
I bought a 51” Plasma display unit from Future Shop for like $550 eight years ago and was still working until my brother sold it a few months back. I wanted to upgrade to 4K and didn’t use the 3D on the plasma because I had my projector for that. Funny enough I upgraded to a Sony 55X900F and gave my brother the plasma as a wedding gift a couple years back before he upgraded to a 75” 4K set himself. I like Visions and the people of my local store, and would see if a free warranty can be offered for the display unit. Back then I was given a free 3 year warranty from Future Shop and never had to use it.
[external link removed]