• Sep 13th, 2019 9:40 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9249 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
rstocksfu763730 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:20 pm
open box is legit. the coquitlam location storefront is near me.

For dyson products, they are an official channel for dyson refurbished products, the same as buying refurbs from the official dysoncanada ebay store.
2 year warranty from dyson.

Note I don't think these prices will last.... openbox mirrors (sometimes slight trail/lag) the ebay store. Some items prices have already gone back up on ebay store but not openbox.ca. I would expect openbox.ca to follow and raise prices again.
e.g. dyson big ball cannister - ebay store went back up from $229 to $299... but openbox is still $229 for now.
i wondering if this compared to factorydirect ???

is it safe to order
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3994 posts
1849 upvotes
OakAged wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 11:54 am
That's strange. I just clicked on the OP's link and I see 12 items. There's a "Check stock" button for each, which lists stock in three locations: Surrey, Vancouver, and Coquitlam. And I can add any to cart, and I can select any province at check-out. I'm using a PC - maybe you're using mobile and their mobile site is defective. Just a guess; dunno what's going on there.
Sorry, I should have clarified. I was looking at 4K Blu-Ray players and lots of other items, and they weren’t in stock so I had figured they don’t ship to ON.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7107 posts
3312 upvotes
Kootenays
Sejad wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 1:59 pm
Sorry, I should have clarified. I was looking at 4K Blu-Ray players and lots of other items, and they weren’t in stock so I had figured they don’t ship to ON.
Hope you didn't downvote, too!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2635 posts
1839 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sejad wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 1:59 pm
Really? Stock levels and shipping restrictions are not related in any way. You made an illogical assumption. We all make mistakes. But then you posted a misleading comment that's a bit of a disservice to your fellow RFDers, and left it there. But you can still fix it: you can edit your original post.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3994 posts
1849 upvotes
OakAged wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 4:03 pm
Really? Stock levels and shipping restrictions are not related in any way. You made an illogical assumption. We all make mistakes. But then you posted a misleading comment that's a bit of a disservice to your fellow RFDers, and left it there. But you can still fix it: you can edit your original post.
I actually was going to before you mentioned it, you being a dick though, that’s kind of uncalled for.
Jun 8, 2011
81 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
i heart dysons! thank you!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2635 posts
1839 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sejad wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 4:13 pm
I actually was going to before you mentioned it, you being a dick though, that’s kind of uncalled for.
You've actually had all day to edit it and only did so after I suggested it. And my pointing out your error and suggesting you fix it for the sake of everyone here isn't being a dick, and yes, it's called for. It's understandable you're embarrassed, but calling me names doesn't improve that. Being more mindful from now on improves that. And realizing that it will all soon be forgotten anyway - people on RFD really don't keep track of who said what in the past.

Cheers
Dec 14, 2009
93 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
Site and store is legit, been to the Vancouver one multiple times.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3994 posts
1849 upvotes
OakAged wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 4:46 pm
You've actually had all day to edit it and only did so after I suggested it. And my pointing out your error and suggesting you fix it for the sake of everyone here isn't being a dick, and yes, it's called for. It's understandable you're embarrassed, but calling me names doesn't improve that. Being more mindful from now on improves that. And realizing that it will all soon be forgotten anyway - people on RFD really don't keep track of who said what in the past.

Cheers
Right, I'm so embarrassed that I'm not afraid to say I made a mistake. You seem to get off of people making mistakes, then you start to comment by putting people down. Oh how innocent you are.

But what's really interesting is, why this made you so upset and made you think I was mislead people on here on purpose. Which I wasn't. Then you tell me that I can delete my comment. It's like you work for this Openbox or something.

Also, I didn't have to delete anything. I don't owe you or anyone anything.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2635 posts
1839 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sejad wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 4:56 pm
Right, I'm so embarrassed that I'm not afraid to say I made a mistake. You seem to get off of people making mistakes, then you start to comment by putting people down. Oh how innocent you are.

But what's really interesting is, why this made you so upset and made you think I was mislead people on here on purpose. Which I wasn't. Then you tell me that I can delete my comment. It's like you work for this Openbox or something.

Also, I didn't have to delete anything. I don't owe you or anyone anything.
You have quite an imagination. Your interpretation that I put you down and your assumptions that I enjoy seeing people make mistakes, that I was upset, and that I thought you were being misleading on purpose, are unfounded. And mistaking my interest in fairness to other RFDers for an interest in a particular seller is irrational. But you're right that you didn't need to delete anything or owe anyone anything - you can be that kind of person if you like. And you can continue to make assumptions and accusations if you like. I don't think there's really anything here worth arguing over, but to each his own.
Feb 12, 2013
412 posts
110 upvotes
Just went to the Vancouver OpenBox store and picked up a Dyson v7b for $229 + tax = $257. However, there are some items to be aware of!

1. Wall price tag in store reflected $299 vs online of $229
2. Sales associate told me you cannot open a box to ensure that it's working (i.e. charging holds - this was an issue in my parent's Dyson refurb and had to be sent back under warranty)
3. Sales associate told me "all the boxes are the same" when clearly some have been opened and now BARELY being held on by tape
4. I asked if the $229 was doable and if it's cash purchase price or credit card purchase price. I was told by the same sales associate "it doesn't make a difference because we're matching our online price" (All their wall tags reflected "Other pricing" & "Debit/Cash pricing"), so I went credit to get the points. After I drove off from the store and started thinking, I checked the receipt (I know shame on me for not checking after being told it was $229) and I was actually charged $234.
5. Had to drive back (1 block away) and speak/argue to get my $229 pricing (it's more the principle at this point rather the $5) and the sales associate was extremely unapologetic and argumentative about how he stated $229 was cash only and $234 was credit, etc. etc. took a few minutes of back and forth for them to refund and charge appropriately.

OTHERWISE, so far so good - other than the fact I can't register the serial number on the Dyson store to get my 1 year Dyson warranty. (But i'm pretty sure this is a Dyson issue and not an OpenBox.ca issue)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
8582 posts
3657 upvotes
CaptainSnake wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 1:16 pm
Bagless vacuums are very bad compared to bagged ones.

I cannot in good conscious recommend a Dyson bagless vacuum or stand-by while people consider buying them.

Don't expect to do any heavy duty work with these.
Had a Dyson bagless. Switched to the Miele bag and haven’t looked back.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4029 posts
35 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks OP. Looking for a refurb/openbox dyson and your post was perfect.
Jan 17, 2017
88 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks OP. Was looking for this as well........picked up a 6b. Perfect timing.

edit: $10 shipping
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5027 posts
2032 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
charlie1234 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 12:41 pm
Just went to the Vancouver OpenBox store and picked up a Dyson v7b for $229 + tax = $257. However, there are some items to be aware of!

1. Wall price tag in store reflected $299 vs online of $229
2. Sales associate told me you cannot open a box to ensure that it's working (i.e. charging holds - this was an issue in my parent's Dyson refurb and had to be sent back under warranty)
3. Sales associate told me "all the boxes are the same" when clearly some have been opened and now BARELY being held on by tape
4. I asked if the $229 was doable and if it's cash purchase price or credit card purchase price. I was told by the same sales associate "it doesn't make a difference because we're matching our online price" (All their wall tags reflected "Other pricing" & "Debit/Cash pricing"), so I went credit to get the points. After I drove off from the store and started thinking, I checked the receipt (I know shame on me for not checking after being told it was $229) and I was actually charged $234.
5. Had to drive back (1 block away) and speak/argue to get my $229 pricing (it's more the principle at this point rather the $5) and the sales associate was extremely unapologetic and argumentative about how he stated $229 was cash only and $234 was credit, etc. etc. took a few minutes of back and forth for them to refund and charge appropriately.

OTHERWISE, so far so good - other than the fact I can't register the serial number on the Dyson store to get my 1 year Dyson warranty. (But i'm pretty sure this is a Dyson issue and not an OpenBox.ca issue)
I think it is unreasonable to not allow you to open and inspect when purchase.
Some parts can be missing from store like this.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine