Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Openbox

Dyson Refurbished vacuums from $139

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2019 9:40 am
Nov 25, 2009
795 posts
461 upvotes
Vancouver
My v8b just arrived, I noticed on the bottom of the canister lid that there seems to be a hairline crack (I played around with it for 5 min so that's why it's so dirty inside). Also, the battery life goes within 3 bars to two bars within a couple minutes. Is this typical of refurbished products from Dyson or should I take it up to warranty?

Last edited by lawonga on Sep 12th, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2007
1080 posts
542 upvotes
GVRD
lawonga wrote: My v8b just arrived, I noticed on the bottom of the canister lid that there seems to be a hairline crack (I played around with it for 5 min so that's why it's so dirty inside). Is this typical of refurbished products from Dyson or should I take it up to warranty?

When I purchased refurbished Dyson from ebay Dyson store, it came in brown box but the content were in brand new condition. I'm not sure how Openbox does the refurbished process, but if it's done by Dyson, it should come in brand new condition. I'd check with Openbox before contacting Dyson.
Nov 25, 2009
795 posts
461 upvotes
Vancouver
ndy4eva wrote: When I purchased refurbished Dyson from ebay Dyson store, it came in brown box but the content were in brand new condition. I'm not sure how Openbox does the refurbished process, but if it's done by Dyson, it should come in brand new condition. I'd check with Openbox before contacting Dyson.
Woops, I just realized i posted from the wrong thread. I bought this through ebay.
Jul 10, 2013
128 posts
88 upvotes
MONTR
Have you ever wonder that if Dyson vacuums are so great, why so many refurbished one for sale?
Nov 25, 2009
795 posts
461 upvotes
Vancouver
freshboy0 wrote: Have you ever wonder that if Dyson vacuums are so great, why so many refurbished one for sale?
I saw the crazy amount of knockoff replacement parts for them on Amazon, and also saw that they aren't very expensive. Thus I concluded that outside of the main motor breaking I can keep this thing running for a very very long time.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
freshboy0 wrote: Have you ever wonder that if Dyson vacuums are so great, why so many refurbished one for sale?
As soon as a package is opened it becomes a refurb. In store demos become a refurb.

I haven't heard of anyone having problems with their refurb.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
go with central vacumm problem solved with bagless
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)