Expired Hot Deals

[Opencare] Book a dentist appointment in Toronto through Opencare, get free AirPods (or $250)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 11:58 am
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1012 posts
629 upvotes
Toronto
So I have a regular dentist but if I saw one of their guys just once (to get the deal) would my other dentist know? I don't want to piss em off we've got a decent relationship and they take care of all my insurance needs
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6434 posts
5852 upvotes
Calgary
Dentists in Calgary are too busy ripping off everyone left and right to give away AirPods.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1187 posts
2431 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Marcos1310 wrote: Don't downvote it just because it is not available on your location, it is a very good deal.
That’s exactly why I downvoted it!

The title said mentioned the deal without ON only, so when I clicked the link OP provided, it said it wasn’t available in my province, and therefore I was unable to get the deal. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
May 28, 2019
150 posts
177 upvotes
How much does your average cleaning cost, without insurance?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8921 posts
5334 upvotes
Toronto
EvanFBC wrote: I don't get this, what's the catch? This company is just giving away airpods?
It's a referral program for dentists, if they get a new patient though it they pay opencare and opencare gives you the "reward". I asked a dentist friend before and that was the gist of it.

In any case dentists pay opencare more than the cost of the reward so if you get $250, they probably pay $500. Also reviews show they can be pretty flaky with the rewards:

https://www.highya.com/opencare-reviews
Last edited by Angultra on Sep 29th, 2019 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 7, 2016
243 posts
194 upvotes
Do not down vote just because it is not available in your location. Haters gonna hate anyway. Fools
--------
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2021 posts
1939 upvotes
VictoryBoyxx wrote: Do not down vote just because it is not available in your location. Haters gonna hate anyway. Fools
DV probably came before OP edited the title to Toronto only.
Aug 18, 2010
579 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
I get my cleaning done by the same hygienist for years now. But I've been skipping out on the 'Full check-up and Xray' because it cost way too much. The total cost of that and cleaning is around $450 and I have no insurance. If I could get the $250 gift card it would help tons.

That being said, could I use Opencare to apply to my current Dentist just for the GC? haha
Banned
Sep 25, 2019
6 posts
5 upvotes
Booked!!!

Amazing....was looking for an extra pair of airpods :) Thanks OP!!!
Jun 30, 2009
292 posts
147 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote: So I have a regular dentist but if I saw one of their guys just once (to get the deal) would my other dentist know? I don't want to piss em off we've got a decent relationship and they take care of all my insurance needs
They won’t know.... but since the dentist is paying open care, they are likely going to try and recover that money and more from you/your insurance (you won’t be leaving there with a small bill). If you use up your insurance for the year, it won’t be available to use at your regular dentist.
Jun 30, 2009
292 posts
147 upvotes
justasomeone wrote: I get my cleaning done by the same hygienist for years now. But I've been skipping out on the 'Full check-up and Xray' because it cost way too much. The total cost of that and cleaning is around $450 and I have no insurance. If I could get the $250 gift card it would help tons.

That being said, could I use Opencare to apply to my current Dentist just for the GC? haha
That’s not how it works. If you were normally paying 450 and instead went to a dentist in their referral network, you would be paying more than that.

Look there’s just no such thing as free. The cost has to be recovered somehow. For some people with tons of insurance it isn’t a problem. What do they care if insurance pays out 1500 for the work that was done from the appointment. They get the free stuff. Just realize that the cost is built in there somewhere.
Aug 5, 2018
538 posts
751 upvotes
This deal seems very shakey.

I just booked a cleaning appointment, and have fairly good insurance coverage.

From what I've been reading here, it seems that they are going to overcharge the heck out of me. Not sure how much higher and whether it will be covered by insurance, but I will report back if I do end up going.

Also, I dont want the airpods.
But I wont complain if I dont get $250.
Last edited by xx1what on Sep 28th, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2018
188 posts
355 upvotes
My insurance covers 90% for dental. Does anyone know of a Dentist available through OpenCare which will not charge you the 10% (probably by billing 110% so 90% will cover all cost)?
Jan 2, 2018
450 posts
385 upvotes
"The Ontario Dental Association publishes a suggested fee guide for Ontario dentists. Dentists must tell patients if they intend to charge fees that are above the fees listed in the guide."

https://www.rcdso.org/en-ca/patients-ge ... ients/fees

Prices are regulated. They all charge the same no matter where you go, and must disclose if they charge fees above these prices. The only difference in price will be if you're getting just a cleaning vs. a cleaning, check up, x-ray etc.

They are basing the reward off lifetime value. I.e. through this promotion, they are hoping to obtain long-term customers, not just customers who go once and then go back to their regular dentist. That is why they can provide such a high incentive.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1397 posts
221 upvotes
Hopefully there's enough of a rush that the Airpods sell out fast... I want the Visa gift card, not those trashy douche-magnets.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
May 4, 2008
434 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
UmarF7302 wrote: My insurance covers 90% for dental. Does anyone know of a Dentist available through OpenCare which will not charge you the 10% (probably by billing 110% so 90% will cover all cost)?
Uh...that's insurance fraud my dude. Probably wouldn't broadcast that.
May 22, 2018
188 posts
355 upvotes
marcotech wrote: Uh...that's insurance fraud my dude. Probably wouldn't broadcast that.
Screw insurance companies, they won't hesitate to do whatever it takes to deny a claim. So why should I do any different?