Expired Hot Deals

[Opencare] Easy $50 free for dental visit, no commitments (perhaps GTA only?)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 10:31 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8980 posts
7294 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

Easy $50 free for dental visit, no commitments (perhaps GTA only?)

Deal Link:
Savings:
Free $50
Retailer:
Opencare
I was looking for a new dentist anyway.
Found a recommendation through this website, visited for checkup, submitted the receipt online, and got mailed a $50 gift card shortly after.
The dentist I visited was nice and professional. There is no commitment to stay with the dentist if you don't enjoy your visit.
My dental visit was also mostly covered by company insurance, so $50 was more than enough to cover the out of pocket expenses.

Choices of gift cards as follows:
Visa prepaid
Starbucks
Amazon
MAC
Aritzia
Lululemon

The link I share is for Greater Toronto Area. I got it from Facebook ad after doing a Google search on Opencare.
Perhaps folks from other cities can get their respective links this way too.

You get additional $50 for each referral to use the Opencare service. However this is not a referral link I'm sharing, and I don't get any referral fees from them. Just trying to share a way to make easy money, risk-free!
Please don't be too harsh on me if you don't like the post. Thank you!
http://try.opencare.com/dentist/toronto ... ty-toronto

Some people here may not have dental insurance coverage or such visits may not be fully covered by their insurance plans, thus posting this in Hot Deals forum.
Last edited by DragonRider on Feb 20th, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
16 replies
Feb 7, 2017
84 posts
58 upvotes
This should be totally against the advertising rules of their College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario...
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
This is totally like cash back sites. I suspect the dentists are the ones who end up paying more for this referral.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8980 posts
7294 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Onex989 wrote: This should be totally against the advertising rules of their College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario...
Huh? Opencare has nothing to do with the Dental Surgeons of Ontario. It's a service connecting patients with healthcare providers. Other than dentists, it also allows potential patients to lookup nearby massage therapists, physiotherapists, optometrists etc. Exactly like how just-eat.ca connects hungry people with local delivery restaurants.

I'm sure many of us experienced troubles finding local family doctors who are willing to accept new patients. I personally find this a great online tool for my healthcare needs.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8980 posts
7294 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
netusername wrote: This is totally like cash back sites. I suspect the dentists are the ones who end up paying more for this referral.
The $50 is a one-time gift only, unlike cashback sites offering money back per purchase.
As for the dentists, online is the cheapest and most effective advertising tool available today. They would also love to have a site dedicated to medical professionals rather than paying for Google ads. It's also by far cheaper than handing out advertising magnets door-to-door.
Apr 4, 2017
752 posts
485 upvotes
Just a heads up. Got this from the site:

'You have not claimed a gift card from Opencare in the past.'

This deal has been posted in the past. I took advantage then, so I am not eligible this time.
Aug 25, 2006
788 posts
183 upvotes
WhatADeal! wrote: Huh? Opencare has nothing to do with the Dental Surgeons of Ontario. It's a service connecting patients with healthcare providers. Other than dentists, it also allows potential patients to lookup nearby massage therapists, physiotherapists, optometrists etc. Exactly like how just-eat.ca connects hungry people with local delivery restaurants.

I'm sure many of us experienced troubles finding local family doctors who are willing to accept new patients. I personally find this a great online tool for my healthcare needs.

Open care charges a finder fee to the professional they link the patients too....and it's much more than the $50 you get back from them, so they are ahead of the game....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5250 posts
1000 upvotes
Toronto
I ended up capitalizing on the same deal. I have insurance but I wasn't charged for my cleaning since they want to be nice so I come back :lol:
I only paid for the deductible, which I would've paid anyways at my normal dentist.
So I guess I got a free cleaning and will be getting a $50 GC :)
Apr 14, 2004
202 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Oh man, I remember hearing about Opencare and the gift card offer in the past, but at the time they didn't seem to be extending the offer/service to Mississauga... it was strictly Toronto.

Now that I've found a dentist that I like, I see that the offer is valid in Mississauga... *insert Price is Right loser music here*
Thinking about trying a new dentist this year just to get $50 free to spend on Amazon, lol
May 26, 2011
811 posts
608 upvotes
For Vancouver, it still does referrals, but no GC offerConfused Face
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Jul 2, 2016
455 posts
897 upvotes
Just signed up for a dentist appointment. Also have my gf going so I got a referral for an additional $50 gift card for me. Thanks op.
Sep 17, 2016
282 posts
105 upvotes
I'm gonna be in Toronto visiting from Calgary in a week or so. Looks like perfect timing to squeeze in a dentist visit as well
Aug 20, 2015
76 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I can confirm that it's working. Received my gift card in the mail today.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13562 posts
3656 upvotes
GTA
Received my gift card yesterday.

Also referred a family member so we will each get another $50 gift card.

On top of that, Opencare asked for my feedback on the process and offered another $10 gift card for answering a few questions, which took about 5 minutes. Excellent deal/freebie
Jan 30, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
You would think it is a good deal but here is what ends up happening: They give you $50 and take $200-$400 from the dentist they referred you to, the dentist ends up having to make up for this loss so he ends up overcharging you, eventually you end up paying way more than the $50 you receive, what a deal !!!!!!!