Expired Freebies

Opencare

Free Airpods w/ new patient dental exam and cleaning (Ontario GTA)

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 10:20 am
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 13, 2020
11 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Free Airpods w/ new patient dental exam and cleaning (Ontario GTA)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 22, 2020
Retailer:
Opencare
Hi all,

First post here. I got this in an email after getting the deal back in November.

This promo is only available in:
Ontario (7 regions)
Greater Toronto Area
Hamilton
Kitchener-Cambridge-Waterloo
Guelph
Bradford West Gwillimbury
Cobourg
Barrie
(Edit: Thanks Dante19 for clarifying!)

Here are the screenshots from the email:
Email1.PNG
Email2.PNG

Booking was easy for me and completely done through the messaging/text chat they had in place.
The $250 GC redemption took a couple weeks and we were given a choice between Amazon or Visa.

(Edit) This promo is for a new patient dental exam and cleaning which can cost around $500 depending on the dentist. Any subsequent dental work or visits is up to your discretion.
Last edited by maariaa on Jan 14th, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
163 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1149 posts
458 upvotes
What city are you from OP? It seems to be only available in select cities.

E: Only available in

Ontario (7 regions)
Greater Toronto Area
Hamilton
Kitchener-Cambridge-Waterloo
Guelph
Bradford West Gwillimbury
Cobourg
Barrie
Last edited by Dante19 on Jan 14th, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2668 posts
1837 upvotes
Mississauga
A word of caution that the receipt i got from the dentist was vastly different to what was submitted to my insurance. Keep that in mind for people that might have lower dental plans or limits
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2013
2396 posts
1218 upvotes
Moon
How much do they normally charge you for the dental exams and cleaning? Not a deal if they are gonna gouge you for it.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Member
Jun 24, 2015
251 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
perfect for those who are 100% covered!
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2011
502 posts
330 upvotes
toronto
vinnie1990 wrote: A word of caution that the receipt i got from the dentist was vastly different to what was submitted to my insurance. Keep that in mind for people that might have lower dental plans or limits
How can that be trying to understand? All through years I have always got one receipt and my insurer pays the certain amount and rest I have to cover...
Member
Jun 24, 2015
251 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
kangarooz wrote: How much do they normally charge you for the dental exams and cleaning? Not a deal if they are gonna gouge you for it.
every place is different! you can always call in and ask!
Sr. Member
Jul 6, 2010
813 posts
1663 upvotes
Toronto
Find a dentist based on how good he/she is at their job and how honest he/she is in their billing, not based on what kind of marketing they do.
i am upside down
Member
User avatar
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
vinnie1990 wrote: A word of caution that the receipt i got from the dentist was vastly different to what was submitted to my insurance. Keep that in mind for people that might have lower dental plans or limits
You'd be surprised, but this is a common practice from dentists. They bill you for one total and what they submit to the insurance is typically higher. Whatever they get back from your insurance is whatever they get. Even if it doesn't cover your entire total, your dentist won't ask for the difference.
My horn can pierce the sky
Member
User avatar
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
animeshw wrote: How can that be trying to understand? All through years I have always got one receipt and my insurer pays the certain amount and rest I have to cover...
Really? I guess for routine cleaning, my insurance will cover 80% of my total. My dentist has never asked for me the difference. They take what they can get I guess.
My horn can pierce the sky
Newbie
Aug 10, 2015
61 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anyone know if this stack with the family and friend refferal bonus?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
4547 posts
2447 upvotes
DoneDeals wrote: Does anyone know if this stack with the family and friend refferal bonus?
No. I tried that already
Member
User avatar
Jan 30, 2016
426 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are the dentist any good at this place? Air pods are great but if they fk up your teeth gg
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2005
3433 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto
How often can you rinse and repeat? My last dentist was thru Opencare and I have been with him for a yr now.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 5, 2010
2981 posts
931 upvotes
Is there only a cleaning required or are x-rays, etc required as well?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 11, 2003
6564 posts
1704 upvotes
johntitor2036 wrote: Are the dentist any good at this place? Air pods are great but if they fk up your teeth gg
Opencare have quite a lot of dentists to choose from. Simply look at the list available in your area and then Google them for reviews from non-Opencare referred patients.
Last edited by mark_in_2k on Jan 14th, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
2220 posts
2082 upvotes
Toronto
johntitor2036 wrote: Are the dentist any good at this place? Air pods are great but if they fk up your teeth gg
its not a "place" they just aggregate/refer/match to dentists around
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Jr. Member
Nov 16, 2017
160 posts
146 upvotes
Opencare is an agency or portal to local dentists. The quality would really come down to whether the dentists themselves.
From past experience, I know that Opencare really rips the dental offices off. There was a $100 for referral promo going on before this. When my buddy had a quick chat with the workers there, they told him Opencare was charging them $400 for making business with him. They asked if they could just get him the $200 gc and cancel the appointment on Opencare.
Even before this referral when I got the Airpods, the dental office tried to cancel the appointment on me. Thankfully I had the receipt to prove my visit. Opencare had no more Airpods left, so I got a 250gc!

Tldr; Quality depends on dentist; Yes, Opencare is legit, but rips the dental offices off; Yes, you will get your Airpods or equal value in gc(250); Ask for your receipt so 1. the dental office doesn't rip you off bc "inflation"(bs), 2. they dont backstab you by cancelling your appointment.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 5, 2010
2981 posts
931 upvotes
ChrisC192588 wrote: Opencare is an agency or portal to local dentists. The quality would really come down to whether the dentists themselves.
From past experience, I know that Opencare really rips the dental offices off. There was a $100 for referral promo going on before this. When my buddy had a quick chat with the workers there, they told him Opencare was charging them $400 for making business with him. They asked if they could just get him the $200 gc and cancel the appointment on Opencare.
Even before this referral when I got the Airpods, the dental office tried to cancel the appointment on me. Thankfully I had the receipt to prove my visit. Opencare had no more Airpods left, so I got a 250gc!

Tldr; Quality depends on dentist; Yes, Opencare is legit, but rips the dental offices off; Yes, you will get your Airpods or equal value in gc(250); Ask for your receipt so 1. the dental office doesn't rip you off bc "inflation"(bs), 2. they dont backstab you by cancelling your appointment.
If you don't mind sharing, how much did your visit cost?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)