• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2009 1:54 pm
[OP]
Oct 7, 2004
757 posts
62 upvotes
Where the deals are

Opening an ING Direct Savings Account..

Ok I need help from someone with experience, so I am with TD Canada Trust, and I don't have any cheques for my Chequing account.

Other then paying the $20 to get a book for cheques printed.. what are my other options?

Will they take a bank draft? anything else? etc...
11 replies
[OP]
Oct 7, 2004
757 posts
62 upvotes
Where the deals are
I went and got a "New Direct Deposit/Pre-authorized Transaction" form...

but I called ING and its no good.. needs to be a cheque.

I called the local branch, and no branches have the machines to make temporary cheques anymore...

what crap.. start a new bank account and your already $20 in the hole...
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2515 posts
1612 upvotes
Waterloo
If it's any consolation... the $25 opening bonus might help to offset the fees for your cheques... (assuming you know someone with an orange key)
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Mar 23, 2004
47075 posts
13232 upvotes
Markham
spyd4r wrote: I went and got a "New Direct Deposit/Pre-authorized Transaction" form...

but I called ING and its no good.. needs to be a cheque.

I called the local branch, and no branches have the machines to make temporary cheques anymore...

what crap.. start a new bank account and your already $20 in the hole...
then yeah i guess u have to take the hit...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2682 posts
304 upvotes
Mississauga
Open up and PC Financial account since it's free with no minimum balance and slowly withdraw and deposit into the other account and write a cheque
Aug 30, 2005
435 posts
124 upvotes
spyd4r wrote: Ok I need help from someone with experience, so I am with TD Canada Trust, and I don't have any cheques for my Chequing account.

Other then paying the $20 to get a book for cheques printed.. what are my other options?

Will they take a bank draft? anything else? etc...
I thought when you first open a chequing account, TD gives you 4 cheques for you to "try" and use. Afterwords, you'll have to order cheques which is expensive at first but in the long run you'll find some use for the cheques. And as cadave has mentioned there is a $25 bonus if you open a ING account with someone referring you.
Mar 23, 2004
47075 posts
13232 upvotes
Markham
liquidzyklon wrote: I thought when you first open a chequing account, TD gives you 4 cheques for you to "try" and use. Afterwords, you'll have to order cheques which is expensive at first but in the long run you'll find some use for the cheques. And as cadave has mentioned there is a $25 bonus if you open a ING account with someone referring you.
i think they only take cheques with preprinted info...the free cheques usually doesnt come with the info preprinted.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2004
757 posts
62 upvotes
Where the deals are
I called ING and got a really friendly rep who said to try and ask TD for a "Counter Cheque", she said they will accept those.

gonna head to TD tomorrrow and find out.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6047 posts
2261 upvotes
Mort Réal
You could also order cheques from a thrid party. I heard ASAP cheques are pretty cheap, although I think they may have went up in price. There's a thread about that somewhere in these forums.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2004
757 posts
62 upvotes
Where the deals are
Counter Cheques are a NO GO, TD just straight up won't print cheques.

Guess I have to order them now. bye bye $25!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)