Cell Phones

Opinions on Freedom Mobile (Formerly Wind Mobile)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2019 1:04 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 7:03 pm
Hey everyone,

After my contract expires, I am ending Telus for good. I am tired of the over-priced plans.

I am just curious, since Wind Mobile offers such great prices for everyone, not just renewal customers, why doesn't everyone use Wind?

There will be no need to contact Retentions/Loyalty department etc....Just one low monthly bill which has everything unlimited..
Same reason why not everybody buys their groceries at dollarma ...cheapest is never best option or even best value.

Quality actually matters to a lot of people
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4518 posts
387 upvotes
gilboman wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 7:02 am
Same reason why not everybody buys their groceries at dollarma ...cheapest is never best option or even best value.

Quality actually matters to a lot of people
yes, but LOTS of people buy groceries at no frills. you pervert your analogies and your posts are riddled with so many fallacious agreements that logic students would give up pointing out the flaws after reading only few of your responses…
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto
Wind works for some and not for others. Oh well.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2012
1022 posts
216 upvotes
Mississauga
I personally feel if you can use WIND, do it. It's a investment into Canada's future. Only reasons not too are if you aren't in a WIND zone because you will be paying long distance everywhere on top of your plan. Or if you are in a dead zone. Sometimes it says WIND zone but for whatever reason your particular house just isn't in the zone. If you live in a basement or a lower apartment than you may not get signal either. You get 15 days to test the phone so if it works great and if it doesn't you are forced to go with the big guys.
[external advertising links removed]
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
mkjr wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 10:48 am
yes, but LOTS of people buy groceries at no frills. you pervert your analogies and your posts are riddled with so many fallacious agreements that logic students would give up pointing out the flaws after reading only few of your responses…
You may want to heed your own advice. I said not everybody buys from dollarama..then you go on to say lots of people at no frills.

I didn't say nobody buys groceries at dollarama.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
shmogt wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 1:21 pm
I personally feel if you can use WIND, do it. It's a investment into Canada's future. Only reasons not too are if you aren't in a WIND zone because you will be paying long distance everywhere on top of your plan. Or if you are in a dead zone. Sometimes it says WIND zone but for whatever reason your particular house just isn't in the zone. If you live in a basement or a lower apartment than you may not get signal either. You get 15 days to test the phone so if it works great and if it doesn't you are forced to go with the big guys.
Using a foreign owned company vs a Canadian company is investing in Canada? Um OK.

Maybe mkjr can understand you better lol
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 7:28 pm
Coverage
/thread
Would you stop lying through your teeth? I have Wind and I get uninterrupted coverage from Ajax all the way to the US border, all the 401 west through Kitchner/Waterloo & London. I get signal in Alliston,Barrie and all of the 400 north to Orillia with the exception of maybe 10 minutes between King City and Highway 88.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
Gammatron wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 5:24 pm
Would you stop lying through your teeth? I have Wind and I get uninterrupted coverage from Ajax all the way to the US border, all the 401 west through Kitchner/Waterloo & London. I get signal in Alliston,Barrie and all of the 400 north to Orillia with the exception of maybe 10 minutes between King City and Highway 88.
You think you have uninterrupted coverage you mean.
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
No, I have uninterrupted coverage, I drive for a living and I'm constantly on my phone, in Niagara Falls where I thought I would not get signal I got 5 bars, more than the 4 bars of strength I get in Vaughan. Ironically I could not talk with my old Rogers phone in my basement or the elevator and now with Wind I can, I shyte you not.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30729 posts
5155 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Gammatron wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 5:32 pm
No, I have uninterrupted coverage, I drive for a living and I'm constantly on my phone, in Niagara Falls where I thought I would not get signal I got 5 bars, more than the 4 bars of strength I get in Vaughan. Ironically I could not talk with my old Rogers phone in my basement or the elevator and now with Wind I can, I shyte you not.
If it works for you, great!!!

For the rest of us that want service, we will use an alternate provider
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1719 posts
422 upvotes
TORONTO
Here are my two cons of Wind, and I am located in downtown Toronto.

-Not a lot of options for phones always have to look for AWS, tab isn't cheap
-DATA SUCKS. PERIOD.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2012
1022 posts
216 upvotes
Mississauga
gilboman wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 4:51 pm
Using a foreign owned company vs a Canadian company is investing in Canada? Um OK.

Maybe mkjr can understand you better lol
lol sounds funny, but yes. Right now we are getting straight screwed. If a foreign company can come in and give use cheaper rates than it saves all of us literally thousands of dollars a year. If you really care about spending to Canada companies just used that extra cash to buy clothes at the Bay.
zakregent wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 7:09 pm
Here are my two cons of Wind, and I am located in downtown Toronto.

-Not a lot of options for phones always have to look for AWS, tab isn't cheap
-DATA SUCKS. PERIOD.
I think they have lots of phones. All major phones work on it even the new blackberries. They get the latest phone pretty soon after release also. Data does kinda suck yes. However if you have a Android phone just use puffin browser and your speeds literally are improved close to 10x. At my house wifi I get 20mbps and speed test on puffin browser I get 70mbps. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Free&hl=en
[external advertising links removed]
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto
shmogt wrote:
Jun 8th, 2013 12:56 pm
lol sounds funny, but yes. Right now we are getting straight screwed. If a foreign company can come in and give use cheaper rates than it saves all of us literally thousands of dollars a year. If you really care about spending to Canada companies just used that extra cash to buy clothes at the Bay.

I think they have lots of phones. All major phones work on it even the new blackberries. They get the latest phone pretty soon after release also. Data does kinda suck yes. However if you have a Android phone just use puffin browser and your speeds literally are improved close to 10x. At my house wifi I get 20mbps and speed test on puffin browser I get 70mbps. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Free&hl=en
They also employee thousands of Canadians, and Telus is unrivalled in its charitable donations
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Feb 28, 2005
772 posts
25 upvotes
KW
How's the quality of coverage for Kitchener/Waterloo. Thinking of getting the Q10 when it becomes available.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5736 posts
354 upvotes
Gammatron wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 5:24 pm
Lying through his teeth? Lol.

Coverage varies person to person. Everyone has different movement patterns and different needs.

Also driving back from the States this past weekend, I didn't get reception all the way from Fort Erie to almost St. Catharines. I also get dropped calls driving on the 404 between Markham to Toronto.