Shopping Discussion

Opinions on Roots/$50 sweatpants good deal?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2019 12:12 am
[OP]
Dec 18, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote

Opinions on Roots/$50 sweatpants good deal?

I bought two slim sweatpants online from Roots when they were having their black friday week 30% off deals, regularly each is around $74, so i got them around $51 each before tax. My mom said im crazy for spending $50 on sweatpants each, and that i probably won't wear them because I don't usually wear sweatpants, but thats because I don't have any sweatpants at all. A big reason why I also bought them was because I've never owned anything from Roots, and as a Canadian its almost as if you should have something from Roots, and the brand prides itself on being Canadian too, even though their major shareholders are American, and all their products made in China.

They seem pretty good quality, comfortable, look good, although if I keep them I wanna exchange for a size up. The biggest dilemma I have is that Im probably going to return them, but one of the colours is a salt and pepper red colour (https://www.roots.com/ca/en/park-slim-s ... roductlist), which looks really beautiful, but it seems like a limited colour. I'm probably going to buy some in the future, but I'm worried they're not gonna have this colour anymore.
Images
  • 39090063_AL7_e.jpg
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1200 posts
374 upvotes
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but this post absolutely reeks of shill marketing...
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13430 posts
2282 upvotes
City of Vancouver
No, it is not a good deal.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Adversity is a growth opportunity. Change happens at the periphery.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19225 posts
6776 upvotes
Toronto
You are probably $5 to $10 off someone saying OMG what an amazing deal so IMO that's a good deal for the product.

If you don't care about colours, you may want to look at the Roots Outlets that are around or clearance sales but honestly, it's an expensive product.

I'm wearing my Roots sweatpants as we speak lmao
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13781 posts
8825 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Roots still around????

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8897 posts
1917 upvotes
London
Roots used to Made in Canada in the 90's but now they are expensive and Made in China. Forget them.