171 upvotes
GTA

OPolar Battery Operated Air Duster $61

Deal Link:
Price:
$61
Retailer:
OPolar
Canned compressed air no more! This is a rechargeable Air Duster, useful for electronics or cleaning dust off of anything in general. Never have to worry about running out of air in the can and freezing your hand off when the can is empty. It's also more environmentally friendly!

OPolar20 for additional 20% off the sale price brings the overall price from $79.99USD to $45.60USD which came out to $61.18CAD when I paid through PayPal.

FREE SHIPPING AND NO TAXES.
Tracking is also included in the order.

Same product on Amazon is $96:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07T2X3XLR/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by stebum on Dec 27th, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
54 replies
Dec 18, 2005
923 posts
1000 upvotes
Montreal
I use a lot of compressed air cans for my desktop PC as I share my office with a cat that sheds a lot of fur. I'd love to have just one device to meet my needs instead of storing multiple cans of compressed air. However, I've read in other threads that these kinds of blowers might be damaging to PC components (don't remember why). Would this be appropriate? Anyone own one and can comment as to how well it works?
Dec 18, 2005
923 posts
1000 upvotes
Montreal
dhomas wrote: I use a lot of compressed air cans for my desktop PC as I share my office with a cat that sheds a lot of fur. I'd love to have just one device to meet my needs instead of storing multiple cans of compressed air. However, I've read in other threads that these kinds of blowers might be damaging to PC components (don't remember why). Would this be appropriate? Anyone own one and can comment as to how well it works?
I find the thread that mentioned my concerns:
amazon-ca-lightning-deal-opolar-cordles ... #p33384241
The comments mostly said not to use a vacuum in a PC case. So, this might be good.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3537 posts
939 upvotes
GTA
dhomas wrote: I use a lot of compressed air cans for my desktop PC as I share my office with a cat that sheds a lot of fur. I'd love to have just one device to meet my needs instead of storing multiple cans of compressed air. However, I've read in other threads that these kinds of blowers might be damaging to PC components (don't remember why). Would this be appropriate? Anyone own one and can comment as to how well it works?
For one, it could damage/cause additional wear to your fans, from what I've read. Need to hold the fans steady instead before air dusting away.
Jun 23, 2005
129 posts
32 upvotes
Picked up for similar price on BF. great device with great battery life. If you use a lot of compressed air it may not replace everything you use it for but I'd say a good 80-90% so will save you $ in the long run.
Jul 4, 2012
332 posts
133 upvotes
Qc
I use spray air to « surprise » my cat when it is misbehaving. Do you think that thing could do the same. Does it make a loud hiss?
Aug 31, 2019
19 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks OP! Been looking for one of these at a reasonable price.
Feb 28, 2011
243 posts
344 upvotes
ottawa
Bought it for Amazon when it was on sale for about the same price. It works but, if you hope it replaced you canned air canister then, no. It’s by far not as powerful. Because it’s “bottomless” unlike a canister, you can try to hold it longer to blow the dust out but, still not quite.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6480 posts
2164 upvotes
Can’t you just use a reverse vacuum?
Dec 18, 2019
24 posts
47 upvotes
tissuehime wrote: I use vacuum all the time, a lot more convenient than air compressors.
This hurt my very soul to read.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18578 posts
6616 upvotes
Toronto
This works well. Canned air is expensive and only has a lot of the power on the first few blasts.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2153 posts
841 upvotes
not very powerful. Barely get any dust out. I suggest a Datavac which is what I owned. The Datavac is way more powerful than any compress air can. Only draw back is it need to be plugged in.

Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
May 30, 2007
228 posts
311 upvotes
Markham
I own one of these personally. I like it a lot and I use it all time not to just clean my PC but to clean anything that requires dust to be removed like when I'm applying screen protectors. You can even use it to dry up isopropyl alcohol after cleaning electronic contacts.

In terms of power, it's powerful enough to clean a computer but if you have layers of caked on dust or vape smoke, it will not remove it, in that case I might suggest wiping it with a cloth or fire.
Dec 2, 2007
470 posts
238 upvotes
I have a low pressure, high volume Ryobi inflator that I use and it works great for blowing out PCs, plus it inflates stuff.