Optometrist in Costco Richmond Hill

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 7:42 am
[OP]
Dec 19, 2004
211 posts
15 upvotes

Optometrist in Costco Richmond Hill

Has anyone here been to the Optometrist in the Richmond Hill Costco location at Elgin Mills & Leslie? I'm thinking of changing my optometrist since Costco has a much lower price for eye examination and my benefits only cover roughly $75 for an eye exam. I ask because I have progressive lens glasses and I have an astigmatism in one eye so I want to make sure that the optometrist there is pretty good.

Also are the lenses sold at Costco very good? Currently I'm using progressive Nikon lenses. How do costco lenses compare?

Thanks.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8545 posts
2320 upvotes
Mississauga
croyd wrote: Has anyone here been to the Optometrist in the Richmond Hill Costco location at Elgin Mills & Leslie? I'm thinking of changing my optometrist since Costco has a much lower price for eye examination and my benefits only cover roughly $75 for an eye exam. I ask because I have progressive lens glasses and I have an astigmatism in one eye so I want to make sure that the optometrist there is pretty good.

Also are the lenses sold at Costco very good? Currently I'm using progressive Nikon lenses. How do costco lenses compare?

Thanks.
I go to the Costco on Rodeo drive in Mississauga. I get the eye exam done there and order my glasses from Zenni.
Sep 28, 2010
63 posts
42 upvotes
I've been here a couple years back. At the time I didn't have an old prescription with me and it was my first time visiting this optometrist. Got a new prescription and glasses made and everything only to find out that they gave me the wrong prescription. Thankfully I bought the glasses in Costco also, so they redid the lenses for me free of charge. But I won't be going back there and I probably wouldn't recommend going to the optometrist there. The glasses shop is ok though
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9826 posts
4532 upvotes
Toronto
croyd wrote: Has anyone here been to the Optometrist in the Richmond Hill Costco location at Elgin Mills & Leslie? I'm thinking of changing my optometrist since Costco has a much lower price for eye examination and my benefits only cover roughly $75 for an eye exam. I ask because I have progressive lens glasses and I have an astigmatism in one eye so I want to make sure that the optometrist there is pretty good.

Thanks.
you can probably shop around or talk to your optometrist to see what can be done.

If you need a referral for an optometrist, PM me.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is