Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1271 posts
1157 upvotes
Hongcouver

Orbivo, the Belkin WEMO Knock off - $18.99USD ($25.51 CDN) Free Shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
I always wanted a Belkin WEMO, but I couldn't justify paying $50 to control one small appliance or lamp in the house.
I was shopping around today and came across this company called Orvibo, an obvious knock-off of Belkin WEMO (even the same Green similar logo!). Unless they are affiliated, this is clearly a knock off.

The Orvibo, just like WEMO, can be controlled via your mobile devices, as the Orvibo is connected to your home network. As long as you have data or wifi and the Orvibo is connected to your home network, you can turn the electronic on or off from far away.

I am usually very skeptical of buying Chinese made knock-off electronics, especially when this one connects to your home network, but Orvibo is also sold on Amazon, which makes it a lot more comfortable for me to try out. For $18.99 USD ($25.XX CDN), it is not too expensive of a gadget to try out.

Below is a link to Orvibo's main website:

http://orvibo.com/
http://activities.aliexpress.com/orvibo ... 5.2.UepZTE

The Orvibo on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/Orvibo-Wireless-Co ... B00QN7MJPI

and on Aliexpress, which is currently on sale right now until the end of the week.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/WiFi-Sma ... 6.1.WnjLuJ

$7 cheaper than Amazon, which also has it on for sale right now at $32.99.

The only negative review I've seen so far are some people having trouble with the android version of the app. I am guessing it doesn't work too well on older phones.

Anyways, happy hunting.
Images
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
30 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
1775 posts
1216 upvotes
Laputa
Aliexpress....

well, just checked Taobao... it's ¥98 (~CAD$20)
+ shipping fee... $25 is not bad~
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4970 posts
391 upvotes
Does it also tell you how much power your device is using?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2060 posts
2084 upvotes
Living the dream
luke wrote: Does it work with wink?
I have one and just tried winking at it but nothing happened, so I'd say no.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1312 posts
410 upvotes
London Area
Tempting but it looks like there might be a lack of 3rd party support (IFTTT, etc).
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14060 posts
2140 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
The advantage of WEMO is the network hub that is ever expanding.

I know the execs behind WEMO, I would love to tell him about this little copy. ;)
Jun 8, 2008
581 posts
47 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: The advantage of WEMO is the network hub that is ever expanding.

I know the execs behind WEMO, I would love to tell him about this little copy. ;)
Cool story bro.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2791 posts
755 upvotes
Ottawa
DealPanda wrote: I always wanted a Belkin WEMO, but I couldn't justify paying $50 to control one small appliance or lamp in the house.
I was shopping around today and came across this company called Orvibo, an obvious knock-off of Belkin WEMO (even the same Green similar logo!). Unless they are affiliated, this is clearly a knock off.
Lol their app is also called Wemo Wiwo
Jan 28, 2014
587 posts
214 upvotes
Wemos go on sale all the time for around 30 dollars I bought a couple for my last home and highly recommend them.

I had one of them set to call my phone on a long press in case I couldn't find it (it also un silenced it)
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4015 posts
475 upvotes
T.O.
Want to go in home automation, so I'm waiting on the Wemo's or other SmartThings hub approved switches to go under 25$.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2217 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
I supported one of their projects on kickstarter and they sent it. It was the gas detector, it worked at first but the phone has trouble connecting to it. Not sure if it an isolated problem or a larger quality control issue.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14060 posts
2140 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
STIGUY wrote: Wemos go on sale all the time for around 30 dollars I bought a couple for my last home and highly recommend them.

I had one of them set to call my phone on a long press in case I couldn't find it (it also un silenced it)
That is cool. How did you accomplish this?