Shopping Discussion

Ordered from Aliexpress - shipped from Amazon?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2019 8:35 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2002
1869 posts
6 upvotes

Ordered from Aliexpress - shipped from Amazon?

So a couple days(Feb 11) ago I ordered some filters for the new GoPro from AliExpress. I ordered from the Neewer official store there and picked shipped free from the US. The estimated ship time was 10 days.
Well today I get home to an unexpected package from Amazon. Lo and behold it's the filters I ordered from Aliexpress.
I checked my Ali order history and no indication it's been shipped. I check my Amazon account and nothing there.
Never seen anything like this before but I was pleasantly surprised. That said I probably should have just ordered from Amazon in the first place it was about $2 plus tax more than I paid from Ali.
Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases -Thomas Jefferson
7 replies
Dec 7, 2012
862 posts
525 upvotes
Ontario
The Aliexpress seller probably also has an Amazon store with FBA (fulfilled by amazon) inventory. They can then create an order to have Amazon ship out their items to you even if you didn't buy on AZ (called multi channel fulfillment). I guess it's cheaper for the seller to do this than to have a separate warehouse just for their AE shipments.
Your advertisement here
Dec 23, 2010
800 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
I have had that happen. I've also had a small vaccuum shipped FROM china with the speed that made me double check that it wasn't actually being shipped from Amazon.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12991 upvotes
EliteJay wrote: The Aliexpress seller probably also has an Amazon store with FBA (fulfilled by amazon) inventory. They can then create an order to have Amazon ship out their items to you even if you didn't buy on AZ (called multi channel fulfillment). I guess it's cheaper for the seller to do this than to have a separate warehouse just for their AE shipments.
Makes sense if you're selling on Amazon TBH.
Why pay 2 separate warehouses and maintain 2 separate inventories when you can just get Amazon to do it.
Unless you get significantly more business outside of Amazon, it's probably worth it to just let Amazon handle all fulfillment.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35071 posts
21037 upvotes
Center of Universe
Wouldn't that leave the merchant vulnerable for not being able to prove delivery was completed on AE?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4220 posts
3519 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Wouldn't that leave the merchant vulnerable for not being able to prove delivery was completed on AE?
Ignore the fact that Amazon is also a store. Just think of Amazon as just the shipping company that sends out the item via USPS, etc. Then the seller adds the USPS tracking info to AE and marks it sent. No different than a Chinese seller marking it sent via China Post.
Feb 6, 2019
53 posts
14 upvotes
I used to do this, but with eBay and Amazon.

I’d have an ‘eBay Store’ where I’d list items that I could buy from Amazon and that sold for a higher price on eBay than Amazon. Whenever someone bought something from my eBay store, I’d head over to Amazon, buy the same item at a lower price (+ shipping), and keep the profit.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35071 posts
21037 upvotes
Center of Universe
DanChristianYeung wrote: I used to do this, but with eBay and Amazon.

I’d have an ‘eBay Store’ where I’d list items that I could buy from Amazon and that sold for a higher price on eBay than Amazon. Whenever someone bought something from my eBay store, I’d head over to Amazon, buy the same item at a lower price (+ shipping), and keep the profit.
Isn't this against the TOS for both Amazon and EBay?