• Jun 25th, 2016 4:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11443 posts
4538 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …

Ordered from Amazon shipped from Newegg

Ordered a spindle of Plex Disc BD-R discs from an Amazon.ca seller (Royal Electronics) and my order arrived from Newegg.ca :confused:
Not only that but the seller charged me $4.00 more that it would have cost if I had ordered directly from Newegg. I sent an email asking for an explanation.
11 replies
Oct 27, 2013
904 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
LOL, it's called arbitrage. There's entire home based businesses built around this. Amazon to eBay is very common.

Why do you need an explanation? You saw a product, thought the price was fine, and bought it. You don't go to Canada Computers demanding an explanation for why they're charging you more than what they're paying for it.
Banned
Feb 9, 2011
1393 posts
930 upvotes
Edmonton
Why didn't you just order from Newegg in the first place then?

You agreed upon the purchase price and they delivered what you ordered, so I'm not sure I see the issue.
Having storefronts on Amazon/eBay under different names is a somewhat common practice.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1627 posts
628 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
bug wrote: Ordered a spindle of Plex Disc BD-R discs from an Amazon.ca seller (Royal Electronics) and my order arrived from Newegg.ca :confused:
Not only that but the seller charged me $4.00 more that it would have cost if I had ordered directly from Newegg. I sent an email asking for an explanation.
its called dropshipping
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3888 posts
2698 upvotes
Vancouver
You paid for the Amazon customer service and checkout experience.

Although I would have expected Newegg's dropship service to be better set up than this.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11443 posts
4538 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
I was using Amazon gift cards and it just surprised me when my order showed up from Newegg instead. I've bought from Amazon Marketplace sellers before and my order has never come from another retailer. There was absolutely nothing in or on the box to say it came from Royal Electronics.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2073 posts
2124 upvotes
Living the dream
OP, you got hustled, otherwise known as 'egg dropping'. The seller has an account on Amazon and then buys goods at a lower price at Newegg and asks the seller to ship it to an alternative address.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16735 posts
6967 upvotes
I don't understand - you shopped through Amazon and got exactly what you ordered, at the exact price you ordered it at. What's the big deal?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13898 posts
8993 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Amazon is the listing company, Newegg is the vendor. Unless specified on product page that it's fulfilled by amazon.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1023 upvotes
thesearchfordean wrote: LOL, it's called arbitrage. There's entire home based businesses built around this. Amazon to eBay is very common.

Why do you need an explanation? You saw a product, thought the price was fine, and bought it. You don't go to Canada Computers demanding an explanation for why they're charging you more than what they're paying for it.
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Amazon is the listing company, Newegg is the vendor. Unless specified on product page that it's fulfilled by amazon.
I'm wondering which this is - Newegg itself doing this or random people creating a "home based business".
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
bug wrote: I was using Amazon gift cards and it just surprised me when my order showed up from Newegg instead. I've bought from Amazon Marketplace sellers before and my order has never come from another retailer. There was absolutely nothing in or on the box to say it came from Royal Electronics.
There you go. You wanted to use your giftcard instead of spending cash buying directly from newegg. You got what you wanted, used giftcard. End of story