Food & Drink

Ordered from Doordash before? Use an iPhone and have Apple Pay set up? Can you help me test something?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 9:59 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4457 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto

Ordered from Doordash before? Use an iPhone and have Apple Pay set up? Can you help me test something?

If you've:

- Ordered from Doordash before (well even if you haven't, but someone who has would have everything already set up so much easier)

- Use an iPhone (want to test Apple Pay)

- Have Apple Pay already set up (even if you don't, but someone who has Apple Pay set up would be much easier)

Can you help me test something?

==

Open Safari on your iPhone (ApplePay only works with Safari, not Chrome)

Go to Doordash.com (don't google search doordash, go directly to doordash.com, otherwise it will redirect to your installed app)

Click "continue in browser" (NOT Continue, because it will redirect to your app)

Sign in

Pick a restaurant and put around say $15 of food in your cart for delivery

Click check out

Choose ApplePay as payment method, then click Buy with Apple Pay.

After clicking Buy with Apple Pay, it should have an Apple Pay popup (where you verify which credit card to use / verify total). Does that popup immediately disappear as fast as it appeared, so not allowing you to pay by Apple Pay? Or does that Apple Pay popup stay and you are able to actually pay (obviously don't go through with the payment)?

I've tried many times and that ApplePay popup just pops up and disappears immediately, so i can't actually pay...

Thanks!

Edit: Basically what i want to know is, are you able to pay by ApplePay on the Doordash WEBSITE in SAFARI on iPhone. >>NOT whether you can pay by ApplePay in the Doordash APP, I don't care about the APP.<<
Last edited by fightbriz on Sep 8th, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14664 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 9:48 pm
I've tried many times and that ApplePay popup just pops up and disappears immediately, so i can't actually pay...
If you have no pop up blockers on your phone, it is wise to go to the nearest Apple store immediately and see if they can help your situation...
Jun 2, 2012
220 posts
159 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Door dash has been letting me use Apple Pay but even though the Apple Pay lets me go through the passcode and gives me a check mark as if successful, door dash declines the transaction. This happened 2 times in a row. I got the check mark and then declines.
I ended up placing the same order through door dash with no issues minutes later using Apple Pay with the same card.

I wanted to use door dash because I had a $10 credit because I had qualified through some sort of promo.

Since I refuse to add credit cards directly to apps, I don’t think I’ll use door dash again for a while.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4457 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
gemenichic wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 10:02 pm
Door dash has been letting me use Apple Pay but even though the Apple Pay lets me go through the passcode and gives me a check mark as if successful, door dash declines the transaction. This happened 2 times in a row. I got the check mark and then declines.
I ended up placing the same order through door dash with no issues minutes later using Apple Pay with the same card.

I wanted to use door dash because I had a $10 credit because I had qualified through some sort of promo.

Since I refuse to add credit cards directly to apps, I don’t think I’ll use door dash again for a while.
Ok but what I'm trying to find out is if ApplePay works on the Doordash website in SAFARI on iPhone. I can get it to work fine in the Doordash App, but I'm curious why it isn't letting me pay by ApplePay in Safari. Can you test?
Jun 2, 2012
220 posts
159 upvotes
NORTH YORK
The website redirects me to the app...
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4457 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 10:01 pm
If you have no pop up blockers on your phone, it is wise to go to the nearest Apple store immediately and see if they can help your situation...

This isn't a popup blocker issue, it's the ApplePay popup, which isn't like a browser ad popup.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4457 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
gemenichic wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 10:20 pm
The website redirects me to the app...
Are you googling doordash and clicking from there?

Instead, go directly to doordash.com (type it all in)

Once you're there, don't click Continue, click "continue in browser"
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3055 posts
1035 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 9:48 pm
If you've:

- Ordered from Doordash before (well even if you haven't, but someone who has would have everything already set up so much easier)

- Use an iPhone (want to test Apple Pay)

- Have Apple Pay already set up (even if you don't, but someone who has Apple Pay set up would be much easier)

Can you help me test something?

==

Open Safari on your iPhone (ApplePay only works with Safari, not Chrome)

Go to Doordash.com (don't google search doordash, go directly to doordash.com, otherwise it will redirect to your installed app)

Click "continue in browser" (NOT Continue, because it will redirect to your app)

Sign in

Pick a restaurant and put around say $15 of food in your cart for delivery

Click check out

Choose ApplePay as payment method, then click Buy with Apple Pay.

After clicking Buy with Apple Pay, it should have an Apple Pay popup (where you verify which credit card to use / verify total). Does that popup immediately disappear as fast as it appeared, so not allowing you to pay by Apple Pay? Or does that Apple Pay popup stay and you are able to actually pay (obviously don't go through with the payment)?

Thanks!

Edit: Basically what i want to know is, are you able to pay by ApplePay on the Doordash WEBSITE in SAFARI on iPhone. >>NOT whether you can pay by ApplePay in the Doordash APP, I don't care about the APP.<<
I tried this before and Apple Pay doesn’t work safari only the app
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4457 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 9:37 am
I tried this before and Apple Pay doesn’t work safari only the app
Really.. Same experience? Where the Apple Pay pops up and disappears?

Apple Pay should work in Safari, so is this a Doordash problem?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3055 posts
1035 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 2:07 am
Really.. Same experience? Where the Apple Pay pops up and disappears?

Apple Pay should work in Safari, so is this a Doordash problem?
I’m not sure to be honest, i just know it doesn’t work and never has in safari for door dash
Never tried Apple Pay with other sites I don’t think
That being said Apple Pay works in door dash’s app