• Jun 7th, 2016 12:32 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 27, 2012
105 posts
12 upvotes
OTTAWA

Ordering blinds for patio door & windows

I am wondering whether when ordering blinds, the representative should indicate on the contract the name of the line (for example: Hunter Douglas, Somner Vertical Blinds), and not just P.V.C Vertical Blinds.

If anybody in this forum has any insights or ideas or experience with such an issue, I would appreciate your sharing it.

Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1026 posts
402 upvotes
GTA
Do they only offer one name brand and just spec as PVC on the work order? Or did they say you are getting generic? If you are expecting PVC its probably not an issue unless they are selling you name brand and supplying generic. Is the price too good to be true for a premium product?
[OP]
Feb 27, 2012
105 posts
12 upvotes
OTTAWA
westcoastyvr wrote: Do they only offer one name brand and just spec as PVC on the work order? Or did they say you are getting generic? If you are expecting PVC its probably not an issue unless they are selling you name brand and supplying generic. Is the price too good to be true for a premium product?
Whoa! I didn't know they had brand & generic in that industry as well. I thought that was just pharmaceuticals. And yes, the price seems too good to be true. But, the contractor did amend the invoice when I asked that the line we ordered be specified. Go figure!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6048 posts
1534 upvotes
Hunter Douglas is the Rolls Royce in the industry. If you want cheap, you can outfit an entire house in 1" pvc blinds for under $200.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」