Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3151 posts
795 upvotes
Vaughan

Ordering from jaybird website, customs?

Just wondering if anybody here has ordered directly from Jaybird? If so, did you get dinged with any customs fees?

I would have ordered from bestbuy.ca but they don't have the nimbus grey vista's.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
10 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3151 posts
795 upvotes
Vaughan
I read the faq on their website. It says you might have pay customs if you live outside the US. I don't want to risk it. I want to hear from others who have actually ordered from them.

Yes I'm aware Amazon has them. However I want retain warranty. I ask jaybird if that was their official Amazon account. The CSR that replied to my email, did not confirm or deny if that was their official account or not.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13264 posts
2611 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
phuviano wrote: I read the faq on their website. It says you might have pay customs if you live outside the US. I don't want to risk it. I want to hear from others who have actually ordered from them.

Yes I'm aware Amazon has them. However I want retain warranty. I ask jaybird if that was their official Amazon account. The CSR that replied to my email, did not confirm or deny if that was their official account or not.
Ummm, why dont you CALL Jaybirds US Office? I use jaybirds and have called their US office. No problems getting answers. Tho I just wait for best buy canada sales which are cheaper than ordering from US and as you said worry about FX and customs... which ends up being more expensive imo.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3151 posts
795 upvotes
Vaughan
aznnorth wrote: Ummm, why dont you CALL Jaybirds US Office? I use jaybirds and have called their US office. No problems getting answers. Tho I just wait for best buy canada sales which are cheaper than ordering from US and as you said worry about FX and customs... which ends up being more expensive imo.
Not worried about fx. Jaybird's website does cdn dollars. I'm buying in Cdn dollars. Just worried about customs because I'm not sure if jaybird has a separate warehouse in Canada for Canadian customers or not.

Bestbuy.ca doesn't have the gray ones I want.

But yes, I'll call and see what they say.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13264 posts
2611 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
phuviano wrote: Not worried about fx. Jaybird's website does cdn dollars. I'm buying in Cdn dollars. Just worried about customs because I'm not sure if jaybird has a separate warehouse in Canada for Canadian customers or not.

Bestbuy.ca doesn't have the gray ones I want.

But yes, I'll call and see what they say.
Look, ALL corp companies will charge FX and duties/customs aka HST cdn taxes unless they classify as "gift". Mom n pop stores will do the "gift" thing to help out a customer skirm around taxes. Named firms will not. Point blank. But good luck trying. *welp* Besides the current US sale price + fx is the same price they are selling here $209 cdn plus tx. at best buy/amazon. You might as well pick them up here plus tax which is the same as US sale price + FX + customs aka HST. Only diff is you wait for the shipping which is a PITA if the pricing is the same.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3151 posts
795 upvotes
Vaughan
aznnorth wrote: Look, ALL corp companies will charge FX and duties/customs aka HST cdn taxes unless they classify as "gift". Mom n pop stores will do the "gift" thing to help out a customer skirm around taxes. Named firms will not. Point blank. But good luck trying. *welp* Besides the current US sale price + fx is the same price they are selling here $209 cdn plus tx. at best buy/amazon. You might as well pick them up here plus tax which is the same as US sale price + FX + customs aka HST. Only diff is you wait for the shipping which is a PITA if the pricing is the same.
They have a cdn version of the website. everything is priced in cdn dollars. There is no fx.

I already stated that I'm not buying here, because i want the gray ones. Gray ones are not available on bestbuy.ca.

I also stated that I already contacted a CSR via email. He didn't confirm that if the Amazon.ca link I sent was Jaybird's official account or not.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13264 posts
2611 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
phuviano wrote: They have a cdn version of the website. everything is priced in cdn dollars. There is no fx.

I already stated that I'm not buying here, because i want the gray ones. Gray ones are not available on bestbuy.ca.

I also stated that I already contacted a CSR via email. He didn't confirm that if the Amazon.ca link I sent was Jaybird's official account or not.
OMG.. are you 12?? If there's a cdn site (which I just checked) then there is NO customs except regular cdn taxes in your province. And the price is the same as amazon.ca/bestbuy.ca at $209 which means you can just pick them up in-store. *welp* I'm done. GL bud.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3151 posts
795 upvotes
Vaughan
aznnorth wrote: OMG.. are you 12?? If there's a cdn site (which I just checked) then there is NO customs except regular cdn taxes in your province. And the price is the same as amazon.ca/bestbuy.ca at $209 which means you can just pick them up in-store. *welp* I'm done. GL bud.
Did you not read what I wrote about amazon.ca and bestbuy.ca.

You clearly didn't. if your not here to help, why bother replying.

Show me nimbus gray vista's on bestbuy.ca
Please send me the link.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15496 posts
12706 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Ok I am gonna wade in here ...

For the record, I don’t know Jaybird ... haven’t dealt with them

BUT I will address your ORIGINAL QUESTION
phuviano wrote: I read the faq on their website. It says you might have pay customs if you live outside the US. I don't want to risk it.
I want to hear from others who have actually ordered from them.

IMO this should be a clue
They are giving you a heads up on Customs issues

Also,

Just because a company has a website that Quotes in Cdn $ ... CAN MEAN NOTHING
That’s an easy do for any e-commerce site ... it’s a programming toggle thingy ... they can quote in any of the world’s currencies

Example ... LL Bean USA (.com) website quoted in Cdn $ for years so their Cdn Customers could know what the comparative rate was
BUT when you actually paid it was based on US Dollars
Whether you paid with a regular Cdn CC ... or one from a Cdn Bank in US Funds
The transaction was still in US Dollars
So there was Currency Exchange Fees, CC Fees, Local US Taxes ... as well as Cdn Duty & Taxes + Shipping

LL Bean in later years did away with Shipping Fees (if you bought a certain amount) and collected the Cdn Duties & Taxes upfront (submitting on behalf of the Customer to CBSA ... as part of their expedited shipping program)

It’s only in the last year ... that LL Bean actually created a .ca website, and put a warehouse in Ontario
That one can TRULY ORDER in Cdn Dollars from LL Bean Canada
(But the prices are higher ... for most things considerably higher than the current Exchange Rate of 32% )

So there you have it

You have to actually ask these Questions to fully understand how they handle Cdn Orders
Don’t assume anything

And yes ... if it’s coming in from a US Warehouse you can expect to be paying Cdn Duty & Taxes too
On top of all / most of the other charges (Currency Exchange - CC Fees - Local Taxes - Shipping / Brokerage)
As you have $ 0 Cdn Personal Exemption when it comes to e-commerce
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13264 posts
2611 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
PointsHubby wrote:

BUT I will address your ORIGINAL QUESTION

Just because a company has a website that Quotes in Cdn $ ... CAN MEAN NOTHING
The site is legit and not just programming to toggle between currencies. I did a sample order. It gives proper cdn taxes added on to cdn pricing. $209.99 + HST(ON) = $237 and change. Says 4-7 bus. days free shipping. There are no customs. There is no doubt Jaybirds have warehouse in Canada no diff than amazon.ca does in Mississauga. OP got all worked up over nuthin like I said.