Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Orient Watch USA

Orient Mako USA II watch on sale now! Extra 20% off with code MAKOSUMMER = 252 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2019 10:14 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
The new Mako 2 looks good, unless you are in a rush though, I would suggest waiting for it to hit Amazon.ca... easier warranty, easier return policy, and likely much deeper price discounts. Hopefully it shows up before Black Friday.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
PMM9 wrote: All quality/premium watches come with sapphire. Pro Diver is 14mm thick, so it won't wear as well as the Mako II, and it has "INVICTA" etched on the side of the case which cheapens the look a lot. Apparently the bracelets flex a lot and don't have solid end links, also the lume is horrible compare the the Mako USA II. We can go back and forth all day, but it depends what specs you want. If you want cheap, then your watch suggestions all fit the bill.
Those are all fair points, but most of the Seiko Divers with a hardcore following don't have sapphire crystal etc.

If you actually care about lume, the lume on my Seiko Orange Prospex was outstanding, the lume on my Orient Mako XL was horrible and near useless. I didn't like the huge lugs of the Mako XL,. crappy lume so I returned it.

Haven't read much about the Mako II, but they would have to improve it a lot before it competes with the Seikos as a dive watch. The Invictas have terrible lume, agreed.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
In my mind, Orient is a great budget brand... At sub $200 it's hard not to recommend their watches, especially the beautiful dress watches. As you creep up over the $300 mark, Orient watches get less appealing to me. Resale value is sh*tty , they have no service centre in Canada etc.
Aug 8, 2005
736 posts
152 upvotes
Montreal
Last day for MAKOSUMMER
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver

spending $400 to know that time of day it is

🥱
Everyone has smartphones nowadays and those can tell time. Ironically, smartphones have also played a major role in making people so closed-minded and ignorant that they can't fanthom that people wear watches for reasons other than telling time.
Feb 3, 2013
466 posts
435 upvotes
Victoria
Kurtz7834 wrote: In my mind, Orient is a great budget brand... At sub $200 it's hard not to recommend their watches, especially the beautiful dress watches. As you creep up over the $300 mark, Orient watches get less appealing to me. Resale value is sh*tty , they have no service centre in Canada etc.
I picked up the orange Orient Mako XL on Prime Day. I have a couple of orange patterned shirts so it works. No, the crystal hasn't scratched yet. I'm no watch aficionado but I now have 4 Orient automatics thanks to this forum. I have to agree with @Kurtz7834 on the value proposition.