Expired Hot Deals

[Origin] $5.99!!! Star Wars Battlefront II for PC on Origin

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2019 5:04 am
Dec 2, 2013
73 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
I love this game and still play it all the time. Multiplayer is where its at. The single player campaign is alright.
EA cut the price in half a month after the game came out because of the micro-transaction drama lol.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2016
578 posts
1193 upvotes
BC
BadDealAssassin wrote: EA's Battlefront II is far better now than it was at launch. A proper progression
system was added for leveling, conquest was added online for the existing PT
maps
with Naboo dropping this month and Felucia coming sometime in the fall.

4 new hero's have been added: Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker,
General Grievous & Count Dooku. New reinforcements have rolled out:
Commando Droids & Arc Troopers and also Droideka's are being patched-in
just this Wednesday. A bunch of skins have been added since 2017, Arcade AI
has been significantly improved and they're working on new PvE modes which should
arrive sometimes late summer or fall (they're suppose to go into detail on them
sometime in August)...

That, and a lot more. The support this game has received is incredible and if
it continues I might end up liking it more than Pandemic's original BFII. I'm
really excited to see what they have planned for PvE...
Thanks for this info, that's awesome!
Oct 21, 2006
26 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Honestly, I didn't have high expectations of this game with all that controversy, but after playing for 3 hours.... I am sooo obsessed with this game I can't stop playing it. Face With Tears Of Joy aannd I have an exam to study for Disappointed But Relieved Face
Bonus that it works on my AMD Phenom quadcore from 2007.. with a GTX 1080 Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes Thanks OP!!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1607 posts
522 upvotes
royalflight wrote: Honestly, I didn't have high expectations of this game with all that controversy, but after playing for 3 hours.... I am sooo obsessed with this game I can't stop playing it. Face With Tears Of Joy aannd I have an exam to study for Disappointed But Relieved Face
Bonus that it works on my AMD Phenom quadcore from 2007.. with a GTX 1080 Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes Thanks OP!!
Are you playing single player or multiplayer?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3109 posts
932 upvotes
Wow, they really did change a lot from when I played on PS4 lol
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1232 posts
242 upvotes
dattroll123 wrote: That is some seriously flawed logic. It doesn't matter how much you paid. The fact you bought it means it's money in their hands. And the reason why EA keeps pushing micortransactions is because it's a very lucrative form of recurring revenue that has very low costs, so in the big picture, they don't mind the game being sold at a major discount. In fact, it gives the illusion that the game is a "great deal" by lowering the barrier to entry, so that means more people to get suckered in by their predatory practices.
It's not predatory and you don't have to buy them if you don't want to. You sound brainwashed, maybe you watch too many videos of that fat guy on youtube whose always rambling about lootboxes and mtx for clicks and money.
Nov 7, 2016
692 posts
273 upvotes
Ontario
So is there still micro transactions?
·Ï¢årµ§·
Oct 22, 2007
187 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
IcarusLSC wrote: So is there still micro transactions?
only for cosmetics, but you can also grind for them it looks like
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3297 posts
975 upvotes
bezne1 wrote: spends $8 on a frapuccino at starbucks.... but $6 for a vid game to much lol.
My time is valuable though, and while the campaign might not be horrible, there are literally hundreds of great new video games out there to try. I couldn't play them all in my lifetime even if that's all I did. $6 on crap is still spending money on crap. A frap from Starbucks is tasty at least lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6947 posts
1686 upvotes
T dot 6
VanceMendoza wrote: My time is valuable though
If your time is so valuable, why are you on RFD? Shouldn't you be curing cancer or running an orphanage?
Last edited by Jaytee on Jun 24th, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3583 posts
842 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: Decent campaign and incredible visuals on PC but multipalyer is a waste of time imo. Campaign is worth $6 but it's barely 6 hours long and imo you're better off getting 1 month of access for $5 and at least be able to try a bunch of other vault games once you finish this game in a weekend
Wait a minute. So the game at $5.99 only give you campaigns and not multiplayer mode like pvp?
Dec 24, 2017
127 posts
122 upvotes
kowell wrote: Doom was 70Gb and it was the biggest game I ever downloaded.... I remember when the Starcraft demo was like 35Mb and took all night to download...
Took all night and half the time you were downloading it would get stopped by people picking up the phone.
Banned
May 9, 2019
277 posts
283 upvotes
VanceMendoza wrote: My time is valuable though, and while the campaign might not be horrible, there are literally hundreds of great new video games out there to try. I couldn't play them all in my lifetime even if that's all I did. $6 on crap is still spending money on crap. A frap from Starbucks is tasty at least lol.
The star fighter gameplay is quite good if you're into that.

I only play a few games. This is one of them that I load up occasionally to blast tie fighters