Students

Osap probation

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 7:23 pm
[OP]
Aug 1, 2017
2 posts

Osap probation

I did very poorly in my second year, and unfortunately, I am under academic probation & osap probation currently due to low gpa, and thinking to transfer to different university.
Osap is saying that if i want to get a financial aid, i need to submit transcript from the old university that i went, and the another transcript from university that i will be going to.
Does it mean that i need to take some courses from new school and submit the transcripts from new school? If I dont take any courses from new university, transcript will be just blank i guess?
Do they want a transcript from new university just to make sure i am enrolled?

It's also saying that i need to write a letter explaining circumstances(how i can improve my academics, and why i did poorly) and submit to my financial aid office.
I am confused with this as well, if i write a letter and submit to the financial aid office from new university, the financial aid office from new school will read this letter which is my explanation of all bad experiences from my previous university?
Do they just get this letter and forward it to the osap?

Your answer will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
3 replies
Feb 26, 2016
6 posts
Your best option would be to contact your university Administration, Registration or Advising office. They deal with this stuff all the time and can give you better guidance.

The letter explaining your circumstances is just that. Give a brief explanation of why you believe you did poorly, what you have done/ will do to change your circumstances and your plans for succeeding moving forwards. Submit that to your universities registration or financial office. (Whoever it is supposed to go to.)
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1548 posts
251 upvotes
Which university? I believe the OP is a student of two universities.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Sep 16, 2006
944 posts
201 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Da5Aut0 wrote: Your best option would be to contact your university Administration, Registration or Advising office. They deal with this stuff all the time and can give you better guidance.

The letter explaining your circumstances is just that. Give a brief explanation of why you believe you did poorly, what you have done/ will do to change your circumstances and your plans for succeeding moving forwards. Submit that to your universities registration or financial office. (Whoever it is supposed to go to.)
This

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)