Expired Hot Deals

OSIM

uDiva massage chair

  • Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2020 6:30 pm
31 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2016
1153 posts
2509 upvotes
I have what I believe is the cheapest(or one of the cheapest) model at costco:
https://www.costco.ca/best-massage-shia ... 54486.html
yet I love it very much! I can't compare it to more expensive model, however, as this is the only massage chair I ever got.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3406 posts
3254 upvotes
Before too much downvote accumulates, let me defend OP.

I tried this chair last year and it was amazing. I considered this at FULL PRICE (with an instalment plan and a nominal admin charge). It's sooooooooo compact but then transforms into an almost full size massage chair. And OSIM is known for their quality. It was so comfortable the massage functions.

I held back because of the price but at this price.....maybe worthwhile
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1843 posts
1277 upvotes
Toronto
This is for small home in Asia and it has limited massage areas. If you can afford it, go to the middle model (forgot the name) or u love me 2. It covers much larger massage area.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 19, 2019
12 posts
11 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: I have what I believe is the cheapest(or one of the cheapest) model at costco:
https://www.costco.ca/best-massage-shia ... 54486.html
yet I love it very much! I can't compare it to more expensive model, however, as this is the only massage chair I ever got.
Thanks for letting me know...looks like the model you got isn't available at Costco anymore though Neutral Face
pongster wrote: Before too much downvote accumulates, let me defend OP.

I tried this chair last year and it was amazing. I considered this at FULL PRICE (with an instalment plan and a nominal admin charge). It's sooooooooo compact but then transforms into an almost full size massage chair. And OSIM is known for their quality. It was so comfortable the massage functions.

I held back because of the price but at this price.....maybe worthwhile
Haha, thanks for your defence and review...OSIM is definitely pricey but it's tempting...
musumekiller wrote: This is for small home in Asia and it has limited massage areas. If you can afford it, go to the middle model (forgot the name) or u love me 2. It covers much larger massage area.
Good to know, thanks!
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
1929 posts
341 upvotes
These small massage chairs existed in Asia for awhile due to space issue. I was waiting for them to bring it over to NA. Now that they brought it over, I am moving so I want a full size one. Otherwise, this would be a good deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3435 posts
4327 upvotes
Honestly, this is my opinion..

but the OSim brand has grown to be just a brand that is heavily marketed in Asia. Ever since they are not manufactured by Inada ( OSim Dreamwave being the last model ) anymore is just a brand, with Andy Lau's face on it...

They are made in china chairs, and no longer from Japan as far as I know.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1843 posts
1277 upvotes
Toronto
renegadeavenger wrote: Honestly, this is my opinion..

but the OSim brand has grown to be just a brand that is heavily marketed in Asia. Ever since they are not manufactured by Inada ( OSim Dreamwave being the last model ) anymore is just a brand, with Andy Lau's face on it...

They are made in china chairs, and no longer from Japan as far as I know.
Made in Singapore
Sr. Member
Oct 25, 2010
811 posts
387 upvotes
I bought an Osim chair 20 years ago and was worried about it only having a 1 year warranty. I’d say the air functions stopped working after maybe 5 years (which i didn’t care that much about) but the most important parts (the rollers) are still working perfectly even today. You can do automatic functions or manual functions. The controller still works perfectly too. I keep wanting the chair to break so i can buy another chair but it won’t...I’ve used my chair so much including hours in a row. I wonder if the new ones are as good. Mine was made in Singapore.
Jr. Member
Sep 7, 2008
150 posts
18 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: I have what I believe is the cheapest(or one of the cheapest) model at costco:
https://www.costco.ca/best-massage-shia ... 54486.html
yet I love it very much! I can't compare it to more expensive model, however, as this is the only massage chair I ever got.
Hi did you get "best massage chair" from Costco?
I bought one a few months ago. One thing I could not figure out is that the massage chair does not go back to original position when program is done unless you stop it. Any suggestions? Thanks
Jr. Member
Sep 20, 2005
137 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
I am highly considering getting one but would love to hear any reviews or experiences people have had with Osim in Canada? I know they are a big brand in Hong Kong and Asia but am worried about the quality of their product and warranty here in Canada. I had tried the unit half a year ago at the Osim store in Richmond and liked it. Thanks in advance!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46489 posts
6897 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tinytwerp wrote: I am highly considering getting one but would love to hear any reviews or experiences people have had with Osim in Canada? I know they are a big brand in Hong Kong and Asia but am worried about the quality of their product and warranty here in Canada. I had tried the unit half a year ago at the Osim store in Richmond and liked it. Thanks in advance!
The last time I spoke to their reps, their warranty sounds amazing. They will come to your home for any warranty issues. Not sure if anything has changed or if I misunderstood.
Sr. Member
Oct 25, 2010
811 posts
387 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: The last time I spoke to their reps, their warranty sounds amazing. They will come to your home for any warranty issues. Not sure if anything has changed or if I misunderstood.
is it still a 1 year warranty? Or has that changed
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
17040 posts
15657 upvotes
Richmond Hill
For the price of the OSIM have a look at Panasonic as well.
Member
Mar 26, 2015
204 posts
73 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I bought one 5 years ago or so... still functions but the seat is a bit flat now.

I honestly think there are better options considering the price point, I think I got mine for less than $2k from Aberdeen in Richmond.

I'd for something like https://youneedmassagechair.com/collect ... ssagechair

so many options its best to try it out before you buy anything.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46489 posts
6897 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gahafa wrote: I bought one 5 years ago or so... still functions but the seat is a bit flat now.

I honestly think there are better options considering the price point, I think I got mine for less than $2k from Aberdeen in Richmond.

I'd for something like https://youneedmassagechair.com/collect ... ssagechair

so many options its best to try it out before you buy anything.
How often do you use it, if you don't mind?

Seat sagging is bound to happen eventually, I imagine any high quality foam is going to compress with time, just wondering if that's with extensive use or just light use. Also, does it look user-replaceable?
Member
Mar 26, 2015
204 posts
73 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Jon Lai wrote: How often do you use it, if you don't mind?

Seat sagging is bound to happen eventually, I imagine any high quality foam is going to compress with time, just wondering if that's with extensive use or just light use. Also, does it look user-replaceable?
Obviously in the first month I used it...daily

then turned to weekly, then turned into monthly, then turned into whenever i remember.

right now I don't usually use it unless my body feels super sore

It's back massage hits the right spots, leg is a bit underwhelming but i get regular massages every few days so I can take some muscles.

I do think you're better off spending a bit extra for the zero gravity feeling though, if you have the space.

Top