$5 Shawarma - Oct 15th only

Deal Link:
Price:
$5
Expiry:
October 15, 2020
Retailer:
Osmows
Chicken Shawarma wrap or Rocks, as well as Falafel wrap or Rocks, will be $5 each at Osmows on October 15th to celebrate National Shawarma day. (Limit of 5 per customer)
Images
  • 065CEEA2-B504-48EC-B57F-3C37677A20EA.jpeg
  • 1C6181F1-4436-4F49-8BC0-242A77894FDE.jpeg
Share:
304 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4309 posts
1990 upvotes
Toronto
McLaren__F1 wrote: Toilets gonna get clogged
I imagine the opposite- sewer lines gonna get flushed.
Think of it as a peristalic rush.
Social Distancing means staying apart 2 meters or 6 feet, the depth of a grave.
Get closer and you might have one foot in the grave. (Pass it on)
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16886 posts
6087 upvotes
I love how its the first annual.
Gotta start somewhere Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

That said great price, i might grab two
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Feb 13, 2016
393 posts
430 upvotes
Great deal. I still wouldn't consider this shawarma though.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5249 posts
3162 upvotes
M-Arkham
Will playoff Powell show up to clean up?
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Dec 26, 2010
131 posts
38 upvotes
Simcoe County, Ontar…
I wish it was for the poutine.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2169 posts
1084 upvotes
GTA
!remind me Oct 15
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2219 posts
254 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP. My son and I love their wraps.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2139 posts
1445 upvotes
Mississauga
After their aggressive franchise expansion, I’ve found it difficult to find any Osmows (or Lazeez for that matter) locations that are actually good. Most are not topped well, not seasoned well, and cause explosive diarrhea. I could live with the latter if they tasted good.

Sure they’re not traditional shawarmas but the original version from the Streetsville location was an objectively good sandwich in its day. Anyone have any tips on locations that are actually good?
Jan 1, 2010
429 posts
406 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: After their aggressive franchise expansion, I’ve found it difficult to find any Osmows (or Lazeez for that matter) locations that are actually good. Most are not topped well, not seasoned well, and cause explosive diarrhea. I could live with the latter if they tasted good.

Sure they’re not traditional shawarmas but the original version from the Streetsville location was an objectively good sandwich in its day. Anyone have any tips on locations that are actually good?
You are right about the Streetsville location being good back in the day. Due to the franchisee model, its like their quality control has taken a big hit. I had chunks of chicken fat in my shwarma at some stores, which should have been trimmed.

Nowadays, when I want a shwarma I go to the Lazeez location on Creditview. It is decent, however it really depends on which employee makes your sandwich.
Last edited by ninja_warrior on Sep 30th, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1971 posts
729 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Never been a large fan of their shawarma. Seems that being a chain restaurant has brought their quality down.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4946 posts
2038 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: After their aggressive franchise expansion, I’ve found it difficult to find any Osmows (or Lazeez for that matter) locations that are actually good. Most are not topped well, not seasoned well, and cause explosive diarrhea. I could live with the latter if they tasted good.

I hear you. I found for the most part the Dixie and Eglinton location of Osmows is pretty good. Especially their on the sticks and rocks. Much better than other locations at least.

PS damn the promo mentions on the rocks used to be $5.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1072 posts
734 upvotes
Whitby
Wifey was craving for Shawarma so we ordered from Osmows last weekend, I have to say I am not a fan. The meats were so dry and didn't like it all. Their hot sauce was literally paprika powder made into a paste with water.

I love Ali Baba's shawarma, especially the one at Dundas and University Ave.

If there is any other good shawarma place in the Durham region please share.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Apr 6, 2008
243 posts
95 upvotes

If near Mississauga or Scarborough go to Adonis! Its a supermarket but they have a food court in there where the make fresh shawarma and kabobs. I use to love going there when in mississauga their sandwiches are amazing and their platters are fantastic (love their garlic potatoes). I live in Ajax now but whenever I am craving shawarma I will get in my car and drive 40 min round trip to Adonis in Scarborough just for the shawarma and getting some middle eastern goodies (cheese, nuts, coffee, meat etc.)
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1127 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto
Free shawarma from Osmow's is still a bad deal...