Locked: [Osmows] $5 Shawarma - Oct 15th only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 2:03 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2209 posts
1687 upvotes
Mississauga
Against my better judgement I ordered a couple wraps on Uber Eats. Waited over an hour - I took the opportunity to prep my bathroom in the meantime by lighting some candles, refrigerating some damp towels, and having Alexa play some smooth jazz music. Around 10-15 mins after the expected delivery time, Osmows cancelled my order and said they couldn't fulfill it.

On the downside I was forced to cook my own lunch. On the upside, I'm sitting at my desk right now instead of sitting on the toilet regretting my life choices.
Apr 20, 2015
79 posts
81 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Franchise10 wrote: Fair - same was with Milton - got a normal serving size. Unfortunate for those that are getting 1/3 of their regular serving sizes. Enjoy all!!
Haha I was one of those unlucky ones, even with all of that chicken there!
To those getting a proper serving, congrats ;) lets hope everyones stomachs handle it too
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1376 posts
1302 upvotes
I pity toilets later on tonight.
Feb 11, 2013
750 posts
86 upvotes
BC
How long are the line ups? Isn't the regular price $7?
Jul 5, 2017
86 posts
88 upvotes
After being so addicted to Lazeez on the Rocks from the Hamilton location, I tried Osmows for the first time and all I can say is this is mediocre at the best. Overcooked unflavored chicken and rice. I'd happily pay 6$ more for Lazeez and for the Large container. That thing is delicious! I've heard the sauga Lazeez isn't that great.
Feb 26, 2007
163 posts
201 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote: Got 4 at Hwy 7 and woodbine. I got Chicken on the Rox and it was 2/3 chicken 1/3 rice, very generous, but tbh too much chicken not enough rice.

You poor lad.... Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
3058 posts
3022 upvotes
Oakville, ON
MobiusZX wrote: Pretty disappointing portion to say the least.
WOW lol is that the baby/kids plate ?
Jan 21, 2011
35 posts
17 upvotes
SK
Anyone who ate today at Crowfoot Calgary location? How was it?
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4755 posts
2155 upvotes
I ordered a big party platter of their chicken on the rocks for like $180 a few weeks ago and it didn't seem like it was worth it for the amount of food. It fed about 8 people plus leftover, so I guess it's around 10-15 serving size.

We are literally paying for the secret white and hot sauce only. I'll admit, that the sauce is really good and it's what makes their food something. Their rice and meats aren't anything special.

I might try this but a bit skeptical.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1190 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
That’s pathetic. Might as well advertise it as a snack size.
Feb 26, 2007
163 posts
201 upvotes
Are you sure you didn’t eat half before remembering to take a photo? Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 12, 2016
769 posts
1047 upvotes
When companies cheap out during promotions, do they not have the intelligence to realize that actually hurts them way way way way way more than if they gave normal portions?

The one chance you can get all the new people hooked and you botch it. Honestly, if you're going to scam customers, might as well over portion these promotions then hook them in and reduce portions at regular price
Last edited by UWOD2020 on Oct 15th, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 12, 2017
275 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
wardaddy wrote: After being so addicted to Lazeez on the Rocks from the Hamilton location, I tried Osmows for the first time and all I can say is this is mediocre at the best. Overcooked unflavored chicken and rice. I'd happily pay 6$ more for Lazeez and for the Large container. That thing is delicious! I've heard the sauga Lazeez isn't that great.
The Lazeez at Bloor/Dovercourt is terrible. Tried it twice and got lots of gristle in my shawarma, never again.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1208 posts
1224 upvotes
Toronto
Bloor west has plenty much better Shawarma places than this.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11725 posts
6658 upvotes
Markham
trinxified wrote: I ordered a big party platter of their chicken on the rocks for like $180 a few weeks ago and it didn't seem like it was worth it for the amount of food. It fed about 8 people plus leftover, so I guess it's around 10-15 serving size.

We are literally paying for the secret white and hot sauce only. I'll admit, that the sauce is really good and it's what makes their food something. Their rice and meats aren't anything special.

I might try this but a bit skeptical.
White sauce

For the sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/201 ... ecipe.html
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1237 posts
1049 upvotes
Ontario
This was from the Oakville Hays Blvd location.
Images
  • MVIMG_20201015_150819.jpg
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Aug 22, 2019
134 posts
83 upvotes
Ordered mine in Belleville. Couldn’t get lamb, not sure if that was part of the promo, but went with chicken. He told the girl making them “medium chicken on the rocks.”

It was put together perfectly IMO. Not a mess like the previous pic. Ate most and have lunch for tomorrow.

I think it was great for the $5.
Images
  • 63F0B61D-3017-44E2-961A-E5DD2D172170.jpeg
Nov 25, 2018
165 posts
430 upvotes
Queen W.
UWOD2020 wrote: When companies cheap out during promotions, do they not have the intelligence to realize that actually hurts them way way way way way more than if they gave normal portions?

The one chance you can get all the new people hooked and you botch it. Honestly, if you're going to scam customers, might as well over portion these promotions then hook them in and reduce portions at regular price
i suppose the concept of a loss leader is "lost" on them. 100% agree.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1237 posts
1049 upvotes
Ontario
DanC13127 wrote: Ordered mine in Belleville. Couldn’t get lamb, not sure if that was part of the promo, but went with chicken. He told the girl making them “medium chicken on the rocks.”

It was put together perfectly IMO. Not a mess like the previous pic. Ate most and have lunch for tomorrow.

I think it was great for the $5.
The mess was from me making a sharp right turn to avoid the red light lol
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)