Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Osmows

Locked: $5 Shawarma - Oct 15th only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 2:03 pm
Aug 22, 2019
339 posts
424 upvotes
Belleville, Ontario
RichRFD wrote: The mess was from me making a sharp right turn to avoid the red light lol
Face With Tears Of Joy That will do it!
Ontario based Independent Travel Consultant
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
DanC13127 wrote: Ordered mine in Belleville. Couldn’t get lamb, not sure if that was part of the promo, but went with chicken. He told the girl making them “medium chicken on the rocks.”

It was put together perfectly IMO. Not a mess like the previous pic. Ate most and have lunch for tomorrow.

I think it was great for the $5.
You only got 1/3 of a box for $5?
Seems like a rip off if you ask me.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
at87on wrote: You only got 1/3 of a box for $5?
He said he ate most of it..
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2716 posts
3029 upvotes
Oakville
gr8dlr wrote: White sauce

For the sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/201 ... ecipe.html
That recipe is close to the Halal Guys white sauce (which is halal cart style chicken), but nothing like the osmows garlic sauce (which, unlike halal cart sauce, is garlicky rather than sweet).
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2716 posts
3029 upvotes
Oakville
wardaddy wrote: After being so addicted to Lazeez on the Rocks from the Hamilton location, I tried Osmows for the first time and all I can say is this is mediocre at the best. Overcooked unflavored chicken and rice. I'd happily pay 6$ more for Lazeez and for the Large container. That thing is delicious! I've heard the sauga Lazeez isn't that great.
As far as I know Lazeez originated in sauga (Creditview/Brittania) and was started by a former very very very long time Osmows employee (maybe even a part owner). The guy that started Lazeez was almost always behind the counter making shawarmas at Osmows in the early 2000s.

I find their food very similar but because of the franchise model it’s become a total YMMV.
Last edited by SkiLLz on Oct 15th, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
SkiLLz wrote: That recipe is close to the Halal Guys white sauce (which is halal cart style chicken), but nothing like the osmows garlic sauce (which, unlike halal cart sauce, is garlicky rather than sweet).
Add more garlic and reduce sugar then. I never follow a recipe...I only use it as a guideline and then adjust to my "taste".
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 23, 2019
668 posts
519 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: White sauce

For the sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/201 ... ecipe.html
I've made this once and it turned out well. the big difference is the meat prep is obviously better with the grill. I guess you can mask the subpar chicken with lots of sauce just like most of the retail shawarma places Winking Face
Last edited by Zarkey on Oct 15th, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 22, 2019
339 posts
424 upvotes
Belleville, Ontario
at87on wrote: You only got 1/3 of a box for $5?
This is the after pic. Forgot to take one before.
Ontario based Independent Travel Consultant
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2716 posts
3029 upvotes
Oakville
Zarkey wrote: I've made this once and it turned out well. the big difference is the meat prep is obviously better with the grill. I guess you can mask the subpar chicken with lots of sauce just like most of the retail shawarma places Winking Face
I find the seriouseats technique meat turns out quite good if you fry it on cast iron, it just makes a huge mess. The next time I make it I’m going to grill it on charcoal. It won’t have the same texture but I think it should still taste pretty good.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
I went to woodbine and hwy7 about 15 minutes ago. Went inside saw the line 15 people deep and several waiting on the side. Maybe 7-8 staff working. I noped out of there. Not getting covid over $5 chicken and rice.
Oct 22, 2007
794 posts
1034 upvotes
Oni-kun wrote: I went to woodbine and hwy7 about 15 minutes ago. Went inside saw the line 15 people deep and several waiting on the side. Maybe 7-8 staff working. I noped out of there. Not getting covid over $5 chicken and rice.
hahahah
True that.

Always laugh when people line up for discounted food. Every year when Pizza Nova has their $5 sale for a medium cheese or pepperoni, there is a line out the door (45 min wait). Versus $6.99 which is the regular walk in special.
Dec 26, 2015
68 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
chooraymond wrote: Are you sure you didn’t eat half before remembering to take a photo? Face With Tears Of Joy
Hahaha I wish. I nope'd out of my regular location due to no social distancing. The second location was completely empty, maybe they usually skimp on the regular lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2005
5002 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone gone to the one on Queen st or College st in Toronto? Not a good day to lineup outside ...
Heatware PEPSI IPOD MINI WINNER (JUNE 2005)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4081 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
Line up outside 5 stores long at Ajax
Apr 10, 2009
813 posts
263 upvotes
MobiusZX wrote: Pretty disappointing portion to say the least.
Wow what location was this? That's way less than what's usually in a medium
Oct 19, 2019
554 posts
693 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
Oni-kun wrote: I went to woodbine and hwy7 about 15 minutes ago. Went inside saw the line 15 people deep and several waiting on the side. Maybe 7-8 staff working. I noped out of there. Not getting covid over $5 chicken and rice.
Hard Agree ! I feel like these posts shouldn't be encouraged for posting during this period of time. I would rather pay double to sit at home and wait for delivery rather than friggin' line up for a discounted, unhealthy meal of chicken & rice...
Dec 26, 2015
68 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Mistro wrote: Wow what location was this? That's way less than what's usually in a medium
1500 Elgin Mills Rd; my standard location at Woodbine Hwy 7 was packed when I went a few hours ago
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1496 posts
760 upvotes
Anyone know how they make their hot sauce, if they even make it,
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2458 posts
916 upvotes
Toronto
1tallaznguy wrote: Anyone know how they make their hot sauce, if they even make it,
Fire and Spice.

No seriously, don't know but it is one of the more hotter sauces I've had before.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
just got back from Osmows and i used to like this, but all of the flavour is in the white sauce and hot sauce.
--
I like detailing cars!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)