• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2015 10:26 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3441 posts
3889 upvotes

[Costco] Oster® PrimaLatte™ Espresso Maker with Bonus Burr Mill Grinder

Guys, first post here. Couldn't resist it, this is a great espresso machine, sold at a great place. The price of 215$ for both the machine and the bonus coffee grinder was more than enough to get my attention, but having it on sale with 55$ off was the reason I would like to share with everyone here.

Reviews in general are great on amazon
http://www.amazon.ca/Oster-Automatic-Es ... ewpoints=1

Got mine already.
32 replies
Oct 20, 2013
18 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Got one too. Fantastic little system. Selectable for how much it grinds, so easy consisrant portioning.
Jun 11, 2011
355 posts
92 upvotes
BURNABY
Silly question, can this machine make creamy milk as well? Kids would love it.
Nov 21, 2006
593 posts
369 upvotes
Kind of discouraging reviews in amazon
May 23, 2015
151 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey, BC
digger1 wrote: Kind of discouraging reviews in amazon
Yeah... that's what turned me off.

I'll pass on this.
Nov 21, 2012
100 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
Any thoughts on nesspresso as a better deal or we should wait for black Friday deals?
Apr 19, 2003
269 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
if I didn't buy the other one from lowes a couple months ago, I will buy this one for sure. this is higher model and better functions. the grinder is the must as well.
Feb 19, 2008
92 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
I've had three of these machines in the last 2.5 years. All eventually fail on the milk frothing side. I like it well enough when it's working. I prefer these because grinding your own coffee or even using the ESE pods is way cheaper than using those capsule machines like nespresso. I'm not willing to commit to a high end machine so I guess i take another chance on one of these every year. Pretty much every machine out there regardless of price has reviews about it failing.
It makes good coffee and i make about four each day.
We also use it to make warm frothy milk for drinks and cereal.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2683 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks good, but 2 things to keep in mind:

1. The Oster brand name has no connection to the Oster appliances of the past. The historic brand name was sold to a Chinese no-name manufacturer years ago, and it now tends to appear on cheap stuff.

2. It's usually not good for reliability when you combine several appliances in one, particularly with breakage-prone moving parts like a burr grinder. If any one fails, the whole thing is defunct.
Mar 17, 2006
400 posts
25 upvotes
Ordered Tuesday and arrived yesterday. Clean all the part and made 2 cup this morning.
In my view:
1 The machine looks good but for sure it will NOT last long. I had an old one which is leaking water. It will happen in this machine for sure. Maybe now, maybe in few months.
2 I am not heavy drinker and can not tell the taste good or bad, but I give the passing grade.
3 If budget is enough, buy some higher level.
4 Some bad reviews on Amazon.ca, be careful and think twice before putting order.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4979 posts
4140 upvotes
Edmonton
okiwan wrote: I've had three of these machines in the last 2.5 years. All eventually fail on the milk frothing side. I like it well enough when it's working. I prefer these because grinding your own coffee or even using the ESE pods is way cheaper than using those capsule machines like nespresso. I'm not willing to commit to a high end machine so I guess i take another chance on one of these every year. Pretty much every machine out there regardless of price has reviews about it failing.
It makes good coffee and i make about four each day.
We also use it to make warm frothy milk for drinks and cereal.
Where can I get ESE pods in small quantities like say 15 at a reasonable price. The only place I have found was amazon which was over $1/pod
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Dec 10, 2005
858 posts
2176 upvotes
does Costco treat this as electronics with 90 warranty, or costco will take return within 1 year? from review most failed within a year.
Nov 20, 2010
14 posts
3 upvotes
This is a very good machine. Sooo tempting to buy!!
May 1, 2011
664 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
dcxx wrote: does Costco treat this as electronics with 90 warranty, or costco will take return within 1 year? from review most failed within a year.
1 year. I have returned two espresso machines no problem after 6 months of use.

Just bought the Jura impressa F7 espresso machine for $1400 from Costco ($500 off) hopefully it's the last one I will have to buy for a while.
Feb 19, 2008
92 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
fatestkid wrote: Where can I get ESE pods in small quantities like say 15 at a reasonable price. The only place I have found was amazon which was over $1/pod
Quite a few places in GTA if you google it. I've purchsed from culturedcoffeebean before to try smaller quantities. They will also likely cut you a deal on a variety if you walk in and enquire. I buy from costco.ca online now, which is the cheapest I've found.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1610 posts
245 upvotes
Sounds good.

A vibration pump machine with a separate burr grinder for $160? Beats the hell out of any steam machine usually in this price range. I am working from home these days but sounds like a great machine for work/school/2nd home. I have a 15yo Silvia and a Mazzer Mini. The prices for which have been so hugely inflated in the past 5 years, they are no longer so interesting as a fresh investment.

Leaks? That should be a fixable mechanical problem, no?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1610 posts
245 upvotes
pegasus81 wrote: I'm considering getting this but does anyone know how it compares with the Brevill Cafe Roma ESP8XL for around the same price range?
http://www.amazon.ca/Breville-Caf%C3%A9 ... s=breville
No burr grinder... IMHO, a fresh ground makes a huge difference to the taste of a coffee than any coffee machine can do. I am assuming the coffee machines can indeed sustain the 15 bar pressure.

I had a great coffee from a bigger Breville, and the brand left a nice impression on me. Can a separate burr grinder be had for less than $50?